FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

WHICH OF THE TEAMMATES WILL HAVE MORE POINTS AT THE END OF 2011 ?

Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull
20%
Mark Webber - Red Bull
5%
Fernando Alonso - Ferrari
23%
Felipe Massa - Ferrari
2%
Lewis Hamilton - Mclaren
17%
Jenson Button - Mclaren
9%
Nico Rosberg - Mercedes
17%
Michael Schumacher - Mercedes
7%
By f1ea
As predicted, all seems to be....predictable.

The least predictable at this stage is surprisingly, Ferrari. Unfortunately for Ferrari, their No.2 has outperformed their No.1 for 2/3 races. What a dilemma. Long may it continue. :clap::thumbup:

hmmm i dont see any of it. I havent seen a single race where Massa has OUTPERFORMED Alonso. They may be close, but not once has Massa outperformed him. I'm sure its what most of you would like to see....

Hmmmmm
Alonso has finished LOWER than where he started all 3 races,while Massa has finished HIGHER.
Alonso's starts have been piss poor,while Massa's have been fantastic. THUS outperforming Alonso.

you guys sure do find new, creative and interesting ways of compiling stats to weight up your ideas. We could go on and bore ourselves to death on stats, lap x lap studies, drs and pit problems and so on... or we could simply look at the pts table.

As you may have noticed, knowing creativity knows no limits, the op question "suspectfully" mentions.... POINTS.
By ssmmdd
I voted Vettel, Hamilton, Massa & Rosberg.
By F1er
As predicted, all seems to be....predictable.

The least predictable at this stage is surprisingly, Ferrari. Unfortunately for Ferrari, their No.2 has outperformed their No.1 for 2/3 races. What a dilemma. Long may it continue. :clap::thumbup:

hmmm i dont see any of it. I havent seen a single race where Massa has OUTPERFORMED Alonso. They may be close, but not once has Massa outperformed him. I'm sure its what most of you would like to see....

Hmmmmm
Alonso has finished LOWER than where he started all 3 races,while Massa has finished HIGHER.
Alonso's starts have been piss poor,while Massa's have been fantastic. THUS outperforming Alonso.

you guys sure do find new, creative and interesting ways of compiling stats to weight up your ideas. We could go on and bore ourselves to death on stats, lap x lap studies, drs and pit problems and so on... or we could simply look at the pts table.

As you may have noticed, knowing creativity knows no limits, the op question "suspectfully" mentions.... POINTS.

Yes when you have no argument retreat to the "points"! So why do we even bother with these polls? A look at the points should be enough
By f1ea
Yes when you have no argument retreat to the "points"! So why do we even bother with these polls? A look at the points should be enough

:rolleyes: the word "Points" was there BEFORE there was any argument to begin with. :yawn:
After 3 races, Alonso is a mighty 2 points ahead of a has-been/non WDC driver. In old money 2 = 0.8 points. No DNFs for both drivers. :D

Time will tell if he can stretch the massive cushion he has over Massa now. :hehe:
By Coronis
I voted for Webber, Alonso, Hamilton and Rosberg. Pretty much going as expected, my head says Seb but my heart can't go past Mark. Don't count him out yet! :P

Also Heidfeld over Petrov, hope he can get a drive somewhere next year
I voted for Webber, Alonso, Hamilton and Rosberg. Pretty much going as expected, my head says Seb but my heart can't go past Mark. Don't count him out yet! :P

I counted and recounted: nope, not Webber.
By Coronis

Season's not over yet, still early days. You can never count Webber out!
By FRAFPDD

Season's not over yet, still early days. You can never count Webber out!

I seem to remember Vettel had the measure of Webber in 2010 from the start right until..................Spain :twisted:

Lets hope he gets pole and does a double in monaco to spark some sort of action.
By FRAFPDD
Webber is toasted, long time ago!

you see what i mean people, modesty isnt a word in your vocab vlad.
By vlad
Well, maybe you think that way, but, let me tell you something:
Mark my words...
I don't see Webber rising up to the challenge this year. Two key reasons, Vettel seems to have gotten the monkey of his back early (by winning the WDC), plus the fact that he's the faster driver. It's written in stone. Qualifying is where 70% of the battle is won, and Vettel has a 100% record so far this year. Webber's got to consistently beat him in qualifying, which I see no way in hell of happening.
I had to take Vettel over Webber. That was an easy pick. It's not so much what I wanted, but it was the most realistic.

Then it was definitely Alonso over Massa. This might just as well have been a choice of who is more likely to win the constructors championship and my choices being Red Bull and HRT. Massa just doesn't seem to me to have much fight left in him.

I took Hamilton over Button because Hamilton's the superior racer (I chose that term over "driver" for reasons I'll get to momentarily) and normally outperforms Button on the track. The only reason I gave this one any consideration is the whole tire issue this year, since Button makes tires last longer. If not for the tire conservation matter, this would have been another no-brainer.

Finally, I took Rosberg over Schumacher because, again, he generally outscores Schumi, although I'd still really like to see Schumacher farther up front. I suppose I can hope to see him putting up more of a fight as we progress through the season, but so far he's just not quite there.

See our F1 related articles too!