FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
When ive just rewatched some clips on a f1 race website and so far have counted

ITV went for a break the moment Schumachers engine blew up in suzuka 2006
ITV went for a break the moment Hamilton had the neutral problem in Brazil 2007
ITV went for a break when Doornboos i think had a huge crash in Australia 2007 (i think 2007)

Ive only just been browsing through these clips so theres likely still more break gaffs to come, and yet all i see from everyone is a riot to rid us of legard.

Im telling you F1 fans dont know what theyve got till its gone. Always complaining. Or rather, they dont know how good theyve got it. And it still aint good enough.
BBC is a big improvement over itv, espicially for the fact there is no adverts. You can catch up with every practice, quali and race session on iplayer as well which is brilliant. It will be in HD this year as well and we all know that HD was made for F1 in mind!
Frafpdd, don't forget when schumacher started 13th at imola and worked his way through the field and just as he was catching alonso with about 4 laps left itv went to ads.
It's so much better without ads but I never liked legards commentary and not sure how dc and brundle are gonna get on but hopefully that'll work out.
When ive just rewatched some clips on a f1 race website and so far have counted

ITV went for a break the moment Schumachers engine blew up in suzuka 2006
ITV went for a break the moment Hamilton had the neutral problem in Brazil 2007
ITV went for a break when Doornboos i think had a huge crash in Australia 2007 (i think 2007)

Ive only just been browsing through these clips so theres likely still more break gaffs to come, and yet all i see from everyone is a riot to rid us of legard.

Im telling you F1 fans dont know what theyve got till its gone. Always complaining. Or rather, they dont know how good theyve got it. And it still aint good enough.

I don't complain about the BBC's coverage, I think it's fantastic - even if the talent are very open about their affection for a certain soft drinks brand's team.
Any coverage that doesn't have the idiot called Steve Slater is one to be proud off.

I love watching downloaded races with Brundle commentating, that guy knows his stuff and is a class commentator. Wish he could come to Star Sports and we get rid of noob Slater.
I really enjoyed the bbc sports f1 broadcasts in 2010 :)

So did I. I've occasionally watched the Speed coverage when I've missed the race live on TSN (BBC) and there's no comparison. Peter Windsor, in particular, was so clueless it made me want to throw something at the TV. No wonder USF1 was such a clusterf*ck. :rolleyes:
Any coverage that doesn't have the idiot called Steve Slater is one to be proud off.

I love watching downloaded races with Brundle commentating, that guy knows his stuff and is a class commentator. Wish he could come to Star Sports and we get rid of noob Slater.

Agreed!

However i do feel sorry for him, he once came and spoke at my school and i kinda got the impression that he thinks people genuinely enjoy his commentary...
I wish that one hd in oz wouldn't put random commercial breaks in during the bbc coverage that we get. Everytime Brundle is giving his words of F1 wisdom, one hd
always cut him off and go to a break :banghead:

BTW love the bbc coverage. :clap:
Gonna be weird hearing Martin serve as the lead commentator this year. BBC must value him very highly to have allowed such a thing, especially with another non-BBC man filing in the expert commentary spot. Such a thing is most uncommon in the BBC, with its love of packaged deals with talent and promoting from within.
The BBC coverage is better than ITV's but that is hardly a compliment. Anything without ad breaks and James Allan yelling whatever is popular at the time is a bonus.

The BBC have far too much guff at the start and far too much at the end. As with all BBC sports coverage, they feel the need to have far too many pundits (BBC 1 coverage has at least 7 compared to Radio 5 Live which has 2 commentators and shares the 2 in the pitlane with BBC 1). Brundle is just awful to listen to. He is far too obsessed with the Brit's and talks over Coulthard, who is enjoyable to listen to. It's little wonder the BBC claim they are strapped for cash, but this saturation by pundits is not limited to F1.

Thankfully, I can avoid the hour of guff at the start and the hour of guff at the end, watch the race on mute with Radio 5 on.

Actually, a good comparision is the MotoGP coverage and the F1 coverage. The MotoGP coverage is a lot more consise and far more informative than anything the BBC has come close to producing since F1 returned to the BBC.

Oh for the days of Murray Walker and Johnathan Palmer - excellent commentary with the minimum of people and guff!

But to the thread question, the answer is quite easily. I am obliged to pay my TV License tax, I mean fee, much of which goes to the BBC. If I don't feel I am getting good value for my £145 per year then I can moan, especially when I only watch the BBC for the F1 and MotoGP!
I love the BBC coverage. I like all the build up and then the discussions afterwards. The more the merrier IMO.

And the pundits are joyous to watch and listen to. :thumbup:
Bigger does not mean better. :wink:

Besides, if there is a choice between Eddie Jordan speaking :bs: with yon lanky tit or re-runs of Scrapheap Challenge on More 4, I'll choose Scrapheap Challenge any day.
Last edited by andrew on 20 Aug 11, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.

See our F1 related articles too!