FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By Denthúl
Why so glum. I think that would add something to the game. Do I peel into the pits when the SC comes out? How do I keep the temps in the tires and brakes so that I would be quick on restart.

Maybe the option to bypass the SC period if you so wish would be good.

Oh, no. It would be a fantastic feature. But I'll believe it when I see it. :P
By geetface9
2010 is loads of fun to play!! I still play it quite frequently, almost a year after its release and having beat three seasons
By LewEngBridewell
2010 is loads of fun to play!! I still play it quite frequently, almost a year after its release and having beat three seasons

I have F1 2010, but because I only have a small laptop in London, I can only play when I'm up North. It's for the PC you see. So I've still got miles more enjoyment out of that yet, and won't be updating for a while.

However, things keep getting better... as Denthul has pointed out, the safety car will now feature! :)
By FRAFPDD
If anyone here is free monday evenings theres a league ive never bothered mentioning that i race in, ask if your interested but your guaranteed great camaraderie between all the lads (and ladettes) and yes, i know you cant believe it but CLEAN online racing!
By Bye_Ya
If anyone here is free monday evenings theres a league ive never bothered mentioning that i race in, ask if your interested but your guaranteed great camaraderie between all the lads (and ladettes) and yes, i know you cant believe it but CLEAN online racing!

You mean for the 2010 game I assume. Are you on PS3 then? I raced in a clean league for Super GT's on Gran Turismo 5 for a bit. I actually haven't played the 2010 F1 game, but I can't wait for 2011 to come out, seriously the wait is killing me. I had planned on renting 2010 to give it a go this weekend. If anyone does any kind of clean racing leagues on GT5 you can add me on PSN: Bye_Ya.

cheers
By oaba09
I liked 2010 but it has a couple of flaws that I hope will be addressed.

1. They should make the career longer(7 years is too short IMO)
2. The cars should reflect specific ratings(downforce, straightline speed, handling, oversteer, etc...)
3. Drivers should be allowed to move teams and there should be a "free agent" feature(this is where drivers w/ no teams will be put)
4. Fix the reputation system(I found myself changing teams every season in F1 2010)
5. Have a create a team feature
By Bye_Ya
I know that the 2011 game is about to come out, but I'm going this morning to pick up a copy of F1 2010. Been watching this guy's videos, looks too good to wait for 2011 (never played 2010).

Cadmuss's Channel

Guy is a hell of a driver. Unfortunately I don't use a PC, so I can't mod the game the way he does.
By Bye_Ya
I heard a nasty rumor that there will only be careers up to 5 years in length in the F1 2011 game. Please tell me this is not true. I already thought that 7 years was far too short. :|
By The_Stig_Money
4. Fix the reputation system(I found myself changing teams every season in F1 2010)

+1, I have beat my teammate in every season and still have to change teams
By Frontrunner
I liked 2010 but it has a couple of flaws that I hope will be addressed.

1. They should make the career longer(7 years is too short IMO)
2. The cars should reflect specific ratings(downforce, straightline speed, handling, oversteer, etc...)
3. Drivers should be allowed to move teams and there should be a "free agent" feature(this is where drivers w/ no teams will be put)
5. Have a create a team feature

For myself I would add something where you can turn off tyre failures. I know this isn't a issue for others gamers but I'm ain't too good at nursing my tyres and it sucks as I simply can't do full race distance and have to settle for 20% or 30% race distance. With 2011 and the new Pirelli tyres coming in, I would hate to think what damage I would do to a set of super soft tyres, maybe all four tyres flat after 3 corners. :hehe:
By oaba09
Wait, so you had to leave your team even though you did well? You were asked to leave or...?

I wasn't exactly asked to leave. I just didn't meet the minimum reputation required to be re-signed by my team for the next season. This is a problem w/ the top teams because no matter how many races you win, your reputation will not rise fast enough in order to meet the minimum requirement of your current team. The only way to sign w/ one of the big three teams is to select one of their drivers as your rival and then beat that driver in the standings. Beating a rival will allow you to get a contract offer from the team of that driver.

See our F1 related articles too!