FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By The_Stig_Money
How do you call in for a pit stop? In 2011

what system?

By bud
Not sure what the defaults are but you can modify your controllers layout and assign buttons to functions like call in to pit.
By killem2
I'm really excitied to try Dirt2 with it as well :D. I miss my old manual car, it'll be nice to have a manual again! :D
By Drthjustice
How do you call in for a pit stop? In 2011

what system?

You don't have to this year. Just pick what tyre compound you want and the team is always ready when you pit. They don't have that stupid running out late thing this year.
By killem2
I'm going to format tonight, install this game, and try out the new wheel. It is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
By Denthúl
So, uh, did the latest patch reset anyone else's controller settings to the defaults? Currently having to work out the best settings for my wheel again. At the moment, throttle feels like it's just on/off and no middle ground. :irked:
By The_Stig_Money
Just started playing GP2 ( online racing )

got tired of being pushed off at every corner

Anybody on the forum do private leagues?
By killem2
I have been pushing out lap after lap with schumi's merc around Nurburging, abs off, trac control off, auto gears at the moment with the g27. amazing game feels great when you get it right
By bud
What's different with the 27 and 25 other than the obvious clutch and shifter. I bought a g25 for my PS3 to use with F1, loving it so far.
By Frontrunner
What's different with the 27 and 25 other than the obvious clutch and shifter. I bought a g25 for my PS3 to use with F1, loving it so far.

The 27 has dual motors where as the 25 only has 1 motor, The 27 is meant to give better feedback in the steering than the 25 but probably stuff all difference.
By Denthúl

The 27 is quieter, for starters. :hehe:

The FFB feels a lot better, smoother and mechanically the wheel feels a lot more sturdy. I think losing the sequential stick shifter is a negative point, however at least for F1 2011, the extra four buttons on the wheel is a life-saver. Would have been better if you could assign a single button to something like a fuel mix or they had included in-car adjustable brake bias settings. Anyway, I digress. Overall I just think the quality of components is better. If I still had my G25, I wouldn't say upgrading to the G27 is worth it, but for anyone looking at purchasing a wheel and being stuck with the choice between the two, then as long as they could afford it I'd recommend the G27. Unless, of course, they really want the sequential stick...
By zurich_allan
I've just got the bog standard Logitech Driving Force GT wheel, and although it's likely not a patch on the 25 or 27 (given the price difference), for me it's ideal as it's a big step up in quality from my previous wheel - the old Ferrari GT wheel that gave no feedback of any description! :) I'm loving F1 2011 with the combination of my logitech wheel and my speedblack stand for it and the pedals. :)

See our F1 related articles too!