FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By Drthjustice
I've been playing it for a couple days now and I'm really liking it but there are a few things that I hope get patched soon. I play with all the assists off and with the manual trans. And the one biggest thing that i've noticed so far is how easy the rear slides out from under you on a corner it should never do it on, such as the 130r at Suzuka. Even on a relatively high downforce setup i couldn't take it flatout with out losing the rearend. And these oversteers are practically impossible to recover from. And does anyone else notice that sometimes using the tv pod view the view turns with the car and makes it seem like the car has a lot of body roll? It can be very disorientating.
By FRAFPDD
I've been playing it for a couple days now and I'm really liking it but there are a few things that I hope get patched soon. I play with all the assists off and with the manual trans. And the one biggest thing that i've noticed so far is how easy the rear slides out from under you on a corner it should never do it on, such as the 130r at Suzuka. Even on a relatively high downforce setup i couldn't take it flatout with out losing the rearend. And these oversteers are practically impossible to recover from. And does anyone else notice that sometimes using the tv pod view the view turns with the car and makes it seem like the car has a lot of body roll? It can be very disorientating.

Oh my god yes, i turned throttle sensiticvity all the way to like 35 percent cause the rear just slides about, ive managed to control it but theres some people that are way faster then me on my league that i used to dominate.

That said i can shave off a second per lap if i bother to turn TC on, but ill get penalised for it soon, theyve gotta do something about how sensitive the throttle is cause you just cannot race with it off, and im using a wheel and pedals ffs, i could have it off in f1 2010 easy, but now.....
By bud

Is this with DRS ? I've noticed on some bends you'd take flat normal, with DRS activated the rear end loses grip.

Has anybody here heard of the 11/11 springs glitch?

Feel free to explain :wink:
By Joey Zyla
When you set the springs settings to 11 each, the car puts up paranormal lap times. This works on any track, even ones where it shouldn't.
By Drthjustice

Is this with DRS ? I've noticed on some bends you'd take flat normal, with DRS activated the rear end loses grip

No it's with the DRS deactivated. The most frustrated i've been so far is at Turkey in the turn 8 complex. Going my absolute fastest I was still 1 second off the computer times. This is in my career and i'm racing on Professional with Williams. I can go purlpe in sectors 1 and 3 but i'm down a 1s in sector 2. And this is fighting with teams like Renault and Force India. I understand that I shlould be as fast as the top teams. Thats why I race on the harder difficulties.
By The_Stig_Money
Nurburg is my new favorite track.

The difference in difficulty options is like 5 seconds a lap, much more competitive.

Why is there sometimes a 37 mph pit speed limit? Edit: I never knew that the pit speed limit changed track to track
By Bubbie
Yeah the back end coming loose is a pain in the rear (pardon the pun). Even with high downforce at Spa (DRS deactivated) I hear the tires rev up and I lose backend grip at Blanchimont.

But the bigger pain for me is the constant hangs while loading. Come on Codemasters fix your games, this is ridiculous.
By killem2
I installed this for a brief moment on my laptop, granted all i could use was the key board, it is extremely realistic even with the shifting of gears and such.

I will plan on getting a G27 Racing Wheel for this game and future ones.
By bud
Something I notice with 2011 mores than 2010 is you feel like you're gliding or floating on the track. A similar sensation I picked up on another code masters game... Race driver AKA down under as V8 Supercars. Studio Liverpools F1 games never had this, you felt apart of the car on track.
By LRW
Eight of us played an online session of this last night (been doing it each Tuesday for a year - last night was first 2011 night). On Xbox.

Man there are some glitches! Namely:

- When pitting to take a drive through, they decide to change your tyres instead, and make you take the peanlty on next lap
- When under safety car, the safety car jumps about all over the track, and if you are in its way, it smashes the f@ck out of your car
- When under safety car, whilst the safety car is jumping about, some of the AI cars can get infront of it, and zoom off into the distance, and get no penalty.

These are to name but a few.....
By bud
- When pitting to take a drive through, they decide to change your tyres instead, and make you take the peanlty on next lap

A glitch from the last one was if you had a puncture they would make you take a drive through send you back out with the puncture to lap around again instead of changing tyres then coming in to take your penalty.
By The_Stig_Money
How do you call in for a pit stop? In 2011

See our F1 related articles too!