FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By Hexagram
Looks like it is going to be coming out early enough into the season this year!

V exciting day at @Codies Saw a few glimpses of the new game but my lips are sealed! - David Croft Tweet

@Codies being Codemasters. :D
By Frontrunner
hopefully a vast improvment than F1 2010.
No excuses Codies for F1 2011. NO MORE BUGS PLEASE!!!!
By Hexagram

Better AI, career mode, safety car, realistic rules, no pitstop bugs, no AI time/speed bugs with latest models and data should make this the best F1 game to date.

Not a lot to ask for. :D
By Gaz
it would be nice that if you made a pitstop you didn't run the risk of being overtaken because the AI didn't bother
By Hexagram
it would be nice that if you made a pitstop you didn't run the risk of being overtaken because the AI didn't bother

I think that was the most annoying bug of the whole game. :banghead:

Such a simple thing to screw up.
By FRAFPDD
The most annoying bug is the one that makes drivers cheat all the time, the amount of times ive been blocked down a straight by a car weaving, and then when i do overtake they try and nudge me off at the exit of a corner!
By Hexagram
The most annoying bug is the one that makes drivers cheat all the time, the amount of times ive been blocked down a straight by a car weaving, and then when i do overtake they try and nudge me off at the exit of a corner!

Must have been trying to overtake Schumacher? :hehe:
By FRAFPDD

Must have been trying to overtake Schumacher? :hehe:

Funnily enough i was going to say not even just schumacher, even button gets in on it, i pull one way and they block and and as soon as i move the other they do it again, not only that but when they do stick to the non racing line as im getting a run, they always pull right back into my braking zone at the end and i end up punting them.

Ive tried to make the game as realistic as possible by turning everything off, manual gears on. no driving line, no abs, no traction control, expert, legend ai, but im still winning races in a sauber. when i evntually move to a higher team im gonna forbid myself from racing with custom setups just to make it that much harder.
By killem2
I had a similar experience back with gran turismo 1 and 2 and 3 back in the day. If you want to give your self a challange, let them lap you. One entire lap maybe 2.

I used to run the endurance races like that. Let them get 5 laps ahead and then try to win. It was really hard.
By Denthúl
Looking forward to this, should be interesting to have KERS and the MRW available. Hopefully I can survive on 2010 long enough. :P

Ive tried to make the game as realistic as possible by turning everything off, manual gears on. no driving line, no abs, no traction control, expert, legend ai, but im still winning races in a sauber. when i evntually move to a higher team im gonna forbid myself from racing with custom setups just to make it that much harder.

What length races are you running?
By Jensonb
Looking forward to this, should be interesting to have KERS and the MRW available.

You can try those out already:

Anywho, here's hoping the bugs are fixed and qualifying is run for real.
By Frontrunner

I don't mind this too much. I like how the ai fights to defend its position but you are right that the ai gets a bit carried away but it seems no different sometimes when you watch some certain drivers defending on tv.
By Jamie

Better AI, career mode, safety car, realistic rules, no pitstop bugs, no AI time/speed bugs with latest models and data should make this the best F1 game to date.

Helmet design!!
By Hexagram

Helmet design!!

That would be awesome! :yes:

See our F1 related articles too!