FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Seb is hardly top tier if he gets spanked by a teammate, top tier is always top

Even the year Lewis was out scored by the darwin troubling amphibian, he was faster and finished ahead when both completed a race, therefore he was never beaten on performance - only on dnfs and other disturbing factors

there is no doubt that Lewis is faster than EVERY single teammate he has ever had, Seb was out performed by Di Resta, Bourdais and the near rookie Ricc

Looking at the results when both drivers have completed a race Lewis spanks Nico, Alonso spanks Kimi and Seb is getting a right royal spanking by the dentists poster boy
Seb is hardly top tier if he gets spanked by a teammate, top tier is always top

Even the year Lewis was out scored by the darwin troubling amphibian, he was faster and finished ahead when both completed a race, therefore he was never beaten on performance - only on dnfs and other disturbing factors

there is no doubt that Lewis is faster than EVERY single teammate he has ever had, Seb was out performed by Di Resta, Bourdais and the near rookie Ricc

Looking at the results when both drivers have completed a race Lewis spanks Nico, Alonso spanks Kimi and Seb is getting a right royal spanking by the dentists poster boy

What about Schumacher then? The legend himself got spanked by Nico
He was too old to adapt, we see this with ageing boxers as well. There is also the strong evidence that MS was not a legend outside the special tyres, traction control, subservient number 2 drivers, and ofcourse the Ferrari International Assistance fixing things in the background. Seb actually cheapens MS' achivements by illustrating the fact that an average driver can win a string of WDCs
He was too old to adapt, we see this with ageing boxers as well. There is also the strong evidence that MS was not a legend outside the special tyres, traction control, subservient number 2 drivers, and ofcourse the Ferrari International Assistance fixing things in the background. Seb actually cheapens MS' achivements by illustrating the fact that an average driver can win a string of WDCs

You have me there. But what about Alonso, I mean, he got his butt kicked by Lewis (and then ran away and sulked away). The previous year, he was champion too

You have me there. But what about Alonso, I mean, he got his butt kicked by Lewis (and then ran away and sulked away). The previous year, he was champion too

Well...when two great drivers collide (even if 1 is in their rookie year) there has to be one who's that bit better.

Anyway they were drawn on points that year as Alonso fans vehemently claim :D , so maybe no one beat anyone that year in McLaren. The crime against McLaren (thanks to Mosley the Spanker) overshadowed everything else that season. Kimi's WDC almost went under the radar thanks to all the hoohaa that year.
Can't help but feel that if Alonso leaves Ferrari it would all seem like a colossus crash and burn. Not only because of the mass (involuntary) exodus from Ferrari but because I'm sure Ferrari would want to keep him if they could. There really is no better driver available for them and the "experiment" with Kimi should be proof enough that good drivers are hard to come by as there is no guarantee that whomever they get to replace Alonso should he go won't pull a Kimi next year driving for them and ofcoure it would all have to be excused because they've excused Kimi's performance this year.

If Alonso leaves it would be a bigger move than Hamilton's in 2012. The problem for Alonso is that there is no Ross Brawn at the other end that can prove without a shadow of a doubt the kind of car he'll have waiting for him in the next year or two. Honda is no guarantee of success for McLaren since they're the worst Merc engined team on the grid at the moment which screams of other issues going on there. So even if Honda is on it from the get go, which is highly unlikely given the rumors already circulating about their PU, there is no incentive other than major dollars for him to leave.

The only thing that would perhaps make more sense would be a Vettel/Alonso swap since I'm sure Vettel is dying to get out of Red Bull so he can start with a clean slate at Ferrari and Alonso would get a step up team as far as performance and the potential to bounce back next year.

Interesting times indeed and I can't wait to hear announcements made this weekend. If I had to hedge my bets however, I'd still lean towards no one moving anywhere as far as the top teams being the most likely scenario for this silly season.
I can't see Red Bull having Alonso in there lineup, As good as a Ricciardo/Alonso pairing would sound for RB, I just can't see it happening IMO. If Vettel does take Alonso vacant seat at Ferrari, then Red Bull would promote one of their own drivers. Personally I think its only 2 stand out options for Fonzo, Either Ferrari or Honda-McLaren.

I'm seriously thinking he's going to take a punt on McLaren, A massive gamble yes but I think it might have to be one that Alonso has to take.
Do you not think Alonso has seen the "punt" that Lewis' made 2 years ago, and thought - I want me some of that.

You think Mercedes would drop Rosberg for Alonso? If Alonso does leave, it speaks volumes of how far off he feels winning ways are for the scuderia.
By LRW
You think Mercedes would drop Rosberg for Alonso?

No, sorry I just mean, Alonso would see that a punt could work out - his punt being McHonda..

If Alonso does leave, it speaks volumes of how far off he feels winning ways are for the scuderia.

I think those volumes are already being shouted left right and centre...
I know what you meant. :wink:

What I was referring to is that there's no Ross Brawn as McLaren at the moment to woo Alonso and show him the car he'll have in 2016. Somewhat bigger leap of faith than what Hamilton took at the end of 2012.
By LRW

What I was referring to is that there's no Ross Brawn as McLaren at the moment to woo Alonso and show him the car he'll have in 2016. Somewhat bigger leap of faith than what Hamilton took at the end of 2012.

Agreed. But there isnt exactly anyone at Ferrari either. And I cant see them changing their ways. Regardless of what senior roles have changed. And from what Ive read (so salt needed), Alonso isn't being seen as the Golden child at Ferrari anymore either.

While we are at it, I think Seb should go to Ferrari.
Do you not think Alonso has seen the "punt" that Lewis' made 2 years ago, and thought - I want me some of that.

You think Mercedes would drop Rosberg for Alonso? If Alonso does leave, it speaks volumes of how far off he feels winning ways are for the scuderia.

I think the light is brighter at the end of the tunnel at McLaren than it is at the Scuderia IMO, but hey, what do i know. At the end of the day does Alonso bet red or black, or in this case, red or chrome silver.

Unfortunately, Ferrari can't give Alonso what he needs right now and Alonso can't wait until Ferrari can.
I guess these are irreconcilable differences. All I hope is that both sides part ways with respect and class.

I think the light is brighter at the end of the tunnel at McLaren than it is at the Scuderia IMO, but hey, what do i know. At the end of the day does Alonso bet red or black, or in this case, red or chrome silver.

Its a tough one to call, I am still undecided whether it was Alonso who threw away a WDC for Ferrari at Abu in 2010 or whether it was the team threw away Alonsos WDC. Was it bad strategy or should Alonso have at least tried a pass on the rookie Petrov?
One would have to say after compared to that chance the current Ferrari havent a rats chance of offering anything near that chance for a good few years - and it will be too late. So does he stay knowing when he had the best chance to win they threw it away anyway 'together'

then you have McHonda, at least thats a change and a gamble on one thing mainly - Honday throwing the kitchen sink in resources at the team, which they could do if they were convinced and maybe if they had Alonso on board. On the other hand McLaren would need to improve the whole chassis and car around the Honda unit to even match where they are now with the Merc lump - they have made the moves staffwise but again that could be fruitful in a couple of years. However I think there is no choice, he is lucky to actually have a plausible escape route from his red hell

Therefore he has to go - in fact he is gone
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 03 Oct 14, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

See our F1 related articles too!