FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By scotty
Crazy at the end there... only just got round to watching the race.
By oaba09
Lorenzo's back on top of the standings.
Dani is now a contender for the championship(If lorenzo doesn't win I'd rather see dani win the championship than casey)

Stoner should've just settled for 2nd place during that last lap...
By Frontrunner
First time I have seen Stoner crash out in a race from his own doing since the Ducati days
By vlad
Crazy races today! Maverick Vinales won in style, I really like that guy. I think he's the best driver in Moto 3, together with Cortese. In Moto 2 Marques had a strange race, possible bike problems, but Iannone did a great job in front of the home crowd. Fantastic. And in Moto GP Lorenzo won, as usual, fastest by far. I really like his driving style, but his personality is something else. He's trying too hard to be like Rossi, it's so obvious. He should focus on himself only. Dovizioso, my man, 3rd straight podium finish. And that's in private team. Awesome!!! :clap::clap::clap: Stoner terrible, again...
By andrew
You're right about Lorenzo copying Rossi. Remeber Rossi's victory shenanigans? Oh look who also started doing that pretty quick. Can't wait to see Rossi's next victory. The slow down lap celebrations will be immense.

Stoner having an off made me smile. Dovi 3rd was the only other thing to smile about though. Rossi and Crutchlow no where, sort of.
By oaba09
Lorenzo's consistent fast laps really amazes me. Once he got in the front, no one was able to match him.
Nice to see Dovi get another podium. He deserves a factory bike next year.
By vlad
IMO he should replace Spies.
By Frontrunner

Same here, Dovi done awesome on a satellite bike, Also Crutchlow has this contract offer from Ducati, Will Cal take it???
By andrew

Yeah, Spies has been a big disappointment. After his debut I thought he was going to be up at the sharp end but he isn't really.
By scotty
Spies to leave Yamaha at the end of the season...
By scotty
ROSSI BACK AT YAMAHA:

Valentino Rossi will return to Yamaha in 2013 after leaving Ducati at the end of the current season, the Japanese manufacturer confirmed on Friday.

Ducati announced this morning that Rossi was leaving the team following a disappointing two-year spell at the Italian squad, where the Italian rider struggled to be competitive, managing just two podiums and no victories so far.

Rossi enjoyed a very successful time at Yamaha, which he joined from Honda at the start of the 2004 season.

With the Japanese squad, the nine-time world champion took the titles in 2004, 2005, 2008 and 2009 and scored 46 victories before leaving for Ducati at the end of 2010.

Rossi will rejoin Yamaha alongside Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo, who was his team-mate at the team before he decided to leave for Ducati.

The Italian rider has signed a two-year deal with Yamaha.

"This announcement is once again excellent news for Yamaha," said Yamaha's Lin Jarvis. "In June we were able to sign Jorge Lorenzo for the 2013-14 campaign and now we are able to confirm Valentino Rossi for the next two years.

"In doing so we have been able to put together the strongest possible team to challenge for victories and to promote the Yamaha brand.

"The target for the future is obvious and we will do our utmost to achieve our goals.

"I have no doubt that with the experience, knowledge, skills and speed of these two great champion riders we will be able to challenge for many race wins and for the 2013 & 2014 World Championship titles."
By vlad
OMG, Rossi and Lorenzo!!! :rofl:
Too bad for Dovi... :(
By scotty
Yeah, feel sorry for Dovi after he is having an excellent season. But i guess Yamaha know Rossi from the past and how good he is anyway...
By vlad
Well, I'm not sure if two of them will get along. And Dovi could be a real team player with Lorenzo...

See our F1 related articles too!