FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By bud
Problem is a lot of people don't set up their HD tv correctly, they will use AV cords for DVDs instead of composite. Or even worse AV cords for BluRays instead of HDMI.
If you see a 1080p HD signal on full HD 200hz tv it's pretty good. :D
By darwin dali
Got my soundbar, 3D BluRay player, HDMI cables and family pack 3D glasses delivered today. The 3D HDTV (55LM7600) is still in South Korea me thinks as it will arrive only some time in April :(
By SuperSenna
Ok is it just me or is Sky constantly showing the same things over and over in the week? I must of seen the Mansell and Fittipaldi interviews a 1,000 times now! Surely! (Might just be me) That they would show the last say 5 races of the upcoming Grand Prix for example like Malaysia why don't they show old races and the best bits and history etc? Just seems a complete waste of money to buy a channel just to watch on weekends?! :banghead:
By myownalias
Here's a cheaper solution for Sky F1: £4.99 per month for the iPad app and it offers different angles.

Not the way it works, £4.99 only includes Sky Sports news, which doesn't cover races live; to use the iPad2 to watch F1 five in the UK, a Sky Sports/Sky HD subscription is still required!

Ok is it just me or is Sky constantly showing the same things over and over in the week? I must of seen the Mansell and Fittipaldi interviews a 1,000 times now! Surely! (Might just be me) That they would show the last say 5 races of the upcoming Grand Prix for example like Malaysia why don't they show old races and the best bits and history etc? Just seems a complete waste of money to buy a channel just to watch on weekends?! :banghead:

Sky have been too ambitious with their 24/7 F1 channel; there is not enough content to keep unique content on the screen 24/7, realistically, it should only be broadcast at weekends, Thurs - Sun!
By McLaren
Good call MOA having the channel run thur-sun would be a good idea.It might improve when all the feeder races kick off,but never enough for 24/7
By SuperSenna
Definetly agree with the two of you! :D
By acosmichippo
This is really all I want from an F1 broadcast.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK??? Sheesh.
By Blackavar
BBC all the way! :P

Yup! I was watching on Setanta Ireland (Which uses BBC coverage) and both David and Ben were great.

Ben does seem to make the odd silly mistake though and his knowledge can be limited. He sounds more like a really excited fan rather than a commentator. But I do like him at the same time. Where was Eddie today?
By LewEngBridewell
BBC all the way! :P

Yup! I was watching on Setanta Ireland (Which uses BBC coverage) and both David and Ben were great.

Ben does seem to make the odd silly mistake though and his knowledge can be limited. He sounds more like a really excited fan rather than a commentator. But I do like him at the same time. Where was Eddie today?

Not sure. Out of the four days of broadcasting (quali and race @ both Melbourne & Sepang) he's only been present for race day at Melbourne! Come on Eddie! :hehe:

Going back to BBC vs Sky, I fully expect the BBC viewings to blow Sky's out of the window and beyond when we get to Shanghai...
By Denthúl
I was actually quite surprised that they didn't make a quick advertisement break during the stoppage today. I was under the impression that they would do so if there were any race delays like that.

It should be interesting to compare the live coverage of the BBC with Sky at the next race. I just have to remember to do it. :hehe:
By LRW
I detest Johnny Herbert. He is such a smug bum, and doesn't know how to present. He was awful on the practice sessions today.

Can we have Damon back for Quali and race?
By LewEngBridewell
I detest Johnny Herbert. He is such a smug bum, and doesn't know how to present. He was awful on the practice sessions today.

Can we have Damon back for Quali and race?

Or you could just watch the BBC :P

See our F1 related articles too!