About FORUMula1.com
F1 and Motorsport Forums
F1 and Motorsport Forums
burt estep wrote:tex buddy it was henry manny the 3rd. check out the lime rock post. burt.Ah your right and those were fantastic articles, they made my day getting an insider's perspective.

gilles27 wrote:Fangio was famous for only going as fast as he needed to so I don't really consider him one of the super fast drivers. Ascari was faster round the old Fiorano test track although the circuit record was held by one of the mechanics!I must admit it's over 40 years before my time.
Big Azza wrote:We wont hold that against you eithergilles27 wrote:Fangio was famous for only going as fast as he needed to so I don't really consider him one of the super fast drivers. Ascari was faster round the old Fiorano test track although the circuit record was held by one of the mechanics!I must admit it's over 40 years before my time.
gilles27 wrote:Fangio was famous for only going as fast as he needed to so I don't really consider him one of the super fast drivers.You know, as great of driver as Fangio was, I kinda take away from him the fact that whenever his car broke down he just took over his teammates' car. I'm pretty sure Prost, Senna, Schumi, etc. would've had more titles if they just jumped into their teammates' car. Thats off-topic, I know, but I'm just wondering if anybody else thinks the same.

Rivelution wrote:True.gilles27 wrote:Fangio was famous for only going as fast as he needed to so I don't really consider him one of the super fast drivers.You know, as great of driver as Fangio was, I kinda take away from him the fact that whenever his car broke down he just took over his teammates' car. I'm pretty sure Prost, Senna, Schumi, etc. would've had more titles if they just jumped into their teammates' car. Thats off-topic, I know, but I'm just wondering if anybody else thinks the same.
Big Azza wrote:Many people don't like him, only because Senna has all hit a soft spot in our hearts. And that's only 'cos he died. And if you liked Senna, you got to hate Prost.What? I like Senna and I dont hate Prost, both of them are in my 'favorite' drivers group. I was only 3 at the time of his death too, but I still read about him and watch the races from that time.


Big Azza wrote:...Senna has all hit a soft spot in our hearts. And that's only 'cos he died.Wrong.
Big Azza wrote:And if you liked Senna, you got to hate Prost.Not necessarily.
Big Azza wrote:Senna is before my time. He died when I was 3.Okay, so why make the aforementioned assertions?

McLaren Fan wrote:Precisely Chris, I have not heard such utter bollocks from someone who knows squat about Aryton in ages and I hope I dont again for a long long time.Big Azza wrote:...Senna has all hit a soft spot in our hearts. And that's only 'cos he died.Wrong.Big Azza wrote:And if you liked Senna, you got to hate Prost.Not necessarily.Big Azza wrote:Senna is before my time. He died when I was 3.Okay, so why make the aforementioned assertions?
gilles27 wrote:Graham hill was not that fast in comparison to Clark, Stewart, Moss or Mansel. He wasn't even that quick compared to a lot of his contemporaries who never won the WDC like Pedro Rodriguez, Dan Gurney, Francois Cevert, Jacky Ickx. Clark, Stewart, Moss and Mansel are the only Brits who should really be on the list but then it's not exactly a comprehensive list
If I was doing a poll with the 5 fastest F1 drivers of all time, it would involve:
Schumacher
Senna
Bellof
Villenueve
Peterson
with Rindt, Raikkonen, Clark, Gurney, Moss, Stewart, Ascari and Fangio as notable mentions
Vanilla-Bear wrote:What you meant to say was ' I disagree as he was the only F1 racer to win the triple crown of Motorsports.gilles27 wrote:Graham hill was not that fast in comparison to Clark, Stewart, Moss or Mansel. He wasn't even that quick compared to a lot of his contemporaries who never won the WDC like Pedro Rodriguez, Dan Gurney, Francois Cevert, Jacky Ickx. Clark, Stewart, Moss and Mansel are the only Brits who should really be on the list but then it's not exactly a comprehensive list
If I was doing a poll with the 5 fastest F1 drivers of all time, it would involve:
Schumacher
Senna
Bellof
Villenueve
Peterson
with Rindt, Raikkonen, Clark, Gurney, Moss, Stewart, Ascari and Fangio as notable mentions
he is the only man to win the triple crown on Motor Sport! so he has to be fast enough to win that
McLaren Racing opened its new state-of-the-art Rac[…]
Madring was a pretty dull race. I wouldn't mi[…]
Not sure yet, but it looks that way - Kimi is on[…]
Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!