FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Jabberwocky
I think that Williams like a lot of smaller team, struggle with choosing development paths. The big teams can say right we have 3 ideas for a front wing that will make us faster right lets design and build all 3. Williams etc have to best guess which one and only one they can dedign and build. So it is hit and miss

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
By 1Lemon
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24013061

Willaims report a loss but this bit is quite nice

He added that the team had announced a total of nine new sponsorship acquisitions, renewals and upgrades for 2013, and had a strong pipeline of potential sponsors in place for 2014.
By LewEngBridewell
Come on Williams! Make up some ground! :thumbup:
By Rattlehead22
I'm hoping the new Mercedes lump for next year elevates William's to at least Lotus/Force India levels. It's been a rough few years for the boys at Grove. I'd love to see them fighting for podiums again in the coming years. :cloud9:
By Zekenwolf
I have this odd feeling that if ever BMW return to Formula 1, they will (or should) team-up with Williams once again and this time around they will produce excellent results.
By Hammer278
I have this odd feeling that if ever BMW return to Formula 1, they will (or should) team-up with Williams once again and this time around they will produce excellent results.

Bet Williams are missing those good old days when they were sporting BMW power...I miss the old blue and white with Montoya and Ralfyboy actually making good headlines once in a while. Good days.
By Zekenwolf
I miss the old blue and white with Montoya and Ralfyboy actually making good headlines once in a while. Good days.

Yes, those were nice looking cars. I love those stylised BMW noses!
By LewEngBridewell

Bet Williams are missing those good old days when they were sporting BMW power...I miss the old blue and white with Montoya and Ralfyboy actually making good headlines once in a while. Good days.

Hear, hear!

I too miss Williams being at the front :(
By 1Lemon
There are rumours that Ross Brawn has signed a contract to join Williams in 2014. :yikes::thumbup::clap::cloud9:
By Hammer278
COOL STORY! :hehe:
By LewEngBridewell
There are rumours that Ross Brawn has signed a contract to join Williams in 2014. :yikes::thumbup::clap::cloud9:

The Monza paddock began to disband late on Sunday amid the swirling rumour that Ross Brawn may be buying into the Williams team.

The story was mentioned by the British broadcaster Sky, in the wake of earlier news that Toto Wolff is moving to sell his 15 per cent share in the Grove based team.

Wolff and Brawn currently work together at Mercedes, who will supply V6 engines to Williams next year.

Brawn, team boss, has acknowledged he will eventually be replaced by Mercedes' new signing Paddy Lowe, so - if true - buying into Williams would breathe new life into his long career.

Briton Brawn, 58, began his career in the 70s when Sir Frank Williams gave him a job as a machinist.

Later, in the mid 90s, he worked with great success at Benetton alongside Pat Symonds, who has just started work as Williams' new technical boss.

Germany's Auto Motor und Sport, however, reported on Saturday that Wolff in fact seems to be selling his 15 per cent team stake to a Russian interest.

And Sky acknowledged on Sunday that Williams advisor Alex Wurz, a former team driver, had vehemently denied the rumour.

Other reports said Wolff himself also denied he is selling his stake to Brawn.
By 1Lemon
This makes me infinitely happy!
By What's Burning?
Hulkenburg in a Williams would be a very easy to support long term pairing.
By Jabberwocky
Hulk at williams again

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

See our F1 related articles too!