FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By racechick
We now have two photographers and a video man!

That reminds me. Any update on Geet?

No :( I found his facebook and sent a friend request but nothing.
By racechick
:rofl::rofl:
By Jabberwocky
I just sent him a fb message. (assuming it is him)

it is worrying what the santander logo could be used as in a movie
We now have two photographers and a video man!

That reminds me. Any update on Geet?

Today he's busy sorting out Webbers from Vettels trophies.

He could have put all of Webber's trophies in one satchel, didn't need to cars for that. :hehe:
By myownalias
Yesterday was a crap day because my medical insurance company double billed us; so our rent check bounced and we incurred an $32 insufficient funds charge.

Today, however is a complete reversal, we now have enough funds for the second time the check is presented; plus as a result of yesterday, my wife and I applied for a credit card with a $2500 balance (an amount that is half our total income) and refinancing on our car loan. Amazingly, both come back as approved, so we now have a $2500 credit card and a car loan that is half the interest rate of the current loan, saving over $50 per month, my bank even gave back the $32 insufficient funds fee.
By myownalias
Gotta play the game to make headway :thumbup:

The funny thing is before moving to the US, I turned down credit card after credit card as I always saw credit as a sure fire way of getting into financial trouble and it served me well as when I left the UK I had a 800+ credit score because of just paying bills on time. Here in the US, simply paying bills on time gets you absolutely nowhere, you need to have debt up the wazoo before your credit score starts to rise. I already had the car loan, obviously and two store cards, this is my first full credit card.
By darwin dali
Gotta play the game to make headway :thumbup:

The funny thing is before moving to the US, I turned down credit card after credit card as I always saw credit as a sure fire way of getting into financial trouble and it served me well as when I left the UK I had a 800+ credit score because of just paying bills on time. Here in the US, simply paying bills on time gets you absolutely nowhere, you need to have debt up the wazoo before your credit score starts to rise. I already had the car loan, obviously and two store cards, this is my first full credit card.

Sorta.
You want a decent amount of credit available to you (i.e., credit cards with high limits), but then be careful not to use too much of it (stay below 20-30% of your credit line) or else your credit score takes a dive. Best to always pay off your credit card every month and reap the rewards in form of cash back without ever paying any credit card interest.
You also want a 'good' mix of debt such as mortgage, car loan, student loan, revolving credit (i.e., credit cards) and keep your nose clean re. on-time payment (that's true for rent payments as well).
Try not to close any credit cards either, especially old ones since that would affect your credit history (average age of open accounts).
That way you can establish credit worthiness, which in turn will open up new opportunities.
By sagi58
...Try not to close any credit cards either, especially old ones since that would affect your credit history (average age of open accounts).
That way you can establish credit worthiness, which in turn will open up new opportunities.

Or to have "too" many new ones, as that changes your Equifax score,
until you establish yourself with the new ones.
By myownalias
I actually knew all this already, but thanks for the advice. I have done a lot of reading up on how credit works here in the US; currently what cards I do have are all less than 40% usage. And this new card will be kept under that level as well, pay off about 85% each month so I can roll over into a new month with a minimal balance, completely clearing a balance each month will not help my credit score, I'm not worried about rewards and that sort of thing, my primary intention is to increase my score. I'm certainly not going to have 15+ credit cards that is needed to for an A+ rating according to Credit Karma, which incidentally is a pile of useless crap, it claims to use Trans Union, which my bank used to pull my credit and there is a 50+ difference to the negative between my score on Credit Karma to the full Trans Union report.
By racechick
But if you don't pay off the whole thing each month aren't you just handing high percents of interest to the card companies?

See our F1 related articles too!