FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By Frontrunner
I can only comment on SKY's commentary as thats what aussie viewers will be getting all year on our F1 coverage. I still would prefer Brundle and Coulthard calling the races, DC knows more about the F1 cars of this era and has good chemistry with Martin. With Croft and Brundle, I think will get better each race and will get use to it over time, Croft did make some mistakes on cars/drivers but its the first race of the new season so i will cut him some slack for that.
By stonemonkey
Probably not anything to do with sky but did anyone else notice the way the drivers sat in the press conference. I know they have to make sure the sponsors are visible but that just looked wierd. They must've been on some training course for how to sit.

Simon reminds me of Rik Mayalls characters.
By palmal
Spot on i am sat here hoping no one says who as won yet cos i am waiting here till 2` 0 clock to just be able to watch the best bits off the race. good going BBC! i have watched f1 for twenty years and now you sell out to sky,looks like f1 just lost at least one fan now THANKS BBC...........VERY ANGRY!!!!!!
By racechick
Well i got up and watched it but my opinion pf SKY hasnt improved any. No chemistry, dull, cars mixed up. No one appeared to notice the force india parked trackside for about 4laps :yikes: the main guy(Lazenby?) seems completely out of his depth. I used to love the red button programme but I turned off after the press conference, never done that before. Im about to watch the BBC effort. BBC's quali was way better (as someone said, they interviwed loads of drivers even in the shorter time they have). If SKY dont improve i think Id rather watch BBC highlights.
By LRW
Ha ha ha ha.

Just saw opening gambit from Jake Humphries on BBC. He is stood infront of Jenson car.

And in the background you see Martin Brundle trundling behind the car on his gridwalk!

I remeber watchig MBs grid walk. Brundle was walking up to Buttons car, was going to go left, then randomly tool the long way round and said "let's go this way so as to not get in way of Engineers". Ha since when has MB cared about getting in way of ANYONE on gridwalk. I think MB had clocked the BBC boys and was trying to hide.

So funny lol.
By acosmichippo
Sky was OK, better than expected. The race itself was just fine with Brundle and Croft, although I do kinda miss DC - he was quicker to catch things and kept Brundle on his toes. But at least we won't have to listen to Brundle rebuking him for saying VetTEL every five minutes. I agree with the sentiment that the pre and post-race gallery is off. Lazenby sucks. Damon Hill, meh. I'd rather have Eddie Jordan back, even with his dreadful attire.

The skybox just looks like eyecandy to me, to make people glad they paid extra to watch F1 on Sky. Firstly, the girl's huge butt. Secondly, the fancy touchscreen UI that brings nothing to the experience other than watching them awkwardly draw polygons and glowing circles on the track.

Also, really miss Lee McKenzie. <3

You guys wanting to go back to BBC... why? For the whole weekend, or just before/after the races? Have they confirmed who will be commentating the races? Can't imagine them getting someone better than Brundle.
By smokin
I guess we got the BBC feed here in Canada since DC was commentating. No change from last year, except Brundle wasn't there (didn't miss him), and they showed all of qualifying and the full race. Way to go TSN!

We never used to get the 'extras' like Brundle's grid walk and the Jake and Eddie show so I didn't miss them either.

I think TSN are taking the Sky feed for some of the races so I'll be able to compare but from what others said ^ if I was TSN I'd stick with the BBC.
By racechick
Hey, guys abroad. D'you know which countries BBC broadcast live to? Canada. Any others?
By McLaren
I don't mind skys coverage but that tit Lorenzo or whatever his name is couldn't even tell the difference between Jenson and Lewis coming into the pits.That really is as bad as it gets.
Unless one day he will be another Murray Walker :hehe:
By Blackavar
Hey, guys abroad. D'you know which countries BBC broadcast live to? Canada. Any others?

Ireland.
By darwin dali
So I watched the silent P1 Speed TV live stream on my puter while listening to the Sky commentary at the same time (Sky stream is a bit poor pic quality compared to the HD Speed stream). That was good, some info, background, etc. However, when it came to quali and the race, I just couldn't stand the guys on Sky anymore. What's with the hyper enthusiasm mostly directed at British drivers and teams? I had to turn off the volume while watching Speed's coverage on my TV and listening to our Speed boys providing a much calmer, more unbiased and wittier and sarcastic commentary. Whenever there was a commercial break on Speed, I turned the volume up again on the Sky live stream to watch what was going on when Speed was not showing anything and also to see whether the Sky guys still were hyperventilating at every possible and impossible occasion and artificially creating excitement when there really wasn't. And yes, they were still doing it and I couldn't wait to switch back to Speed after the adverts.
By vlad
I said the same thing few pages ago, or on other topic, not quite sure...
By synsei
Despite all my previous bluster I am happy to eat humble pie, try watching the BBC show on iPlayer guys it really was very good. It would be interesting to read your opinions on it... :wink:
By acosmichippo
So I watched the silent P1 Speed TV live stream on my puter while listening to the Sky commentary at the same time (Sky stream is a bit poor pic quality compared to the HD Speed stream). That was good, some info, background, etc. However, when it came to quali and the race, I just couldn't stand the guys on Sky anymore. What's with the hyper enthusiasm mostly directed at British drivers and teams? I had to turn off the volume while watching Speed's coverage on my TV and listening to our Speed boys providing a much calmer, more unbiased and wittier and sarcastic commentary. Whenever there was a commercial break on Speed, I turned the volume up again on the Sky live stream to watch what was going on when Speed was not showing anything and also to see whether the Sky guys still were hyperventilating at every possible and impossible occasion and artificially creating excitement when there really wasn't. And yes, they were still doing it and I couldn't wait to switch back to Speed after the adverts.

interesting. i'll have to try that next weekend.
By racechick

Ireland.

See our F1 related articles too!