FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
We weren't talking about Prost or senna we were talking about the cheat Schumacher who was removed from the whole competition. Lewis lying to the stewards as ordered to by his team was a team failure and the culprit was sacked
The driver himself cannot be said to have cheated in the same way the cheat Schumacher did.
The history books will always allow for the word cheat next to Schumachers name - FACT

Infact there is a list of the top 20 cases of cheating in f1 somewhere I will fit up later, and guess which driver(s) star prominently? Clue they both drive for the team that also stars prominently

And yes before you turn to wiki - McLaren spy gate is up there with a certain driver at the center

Ms - Ferrari - Alonso - the unholy trinity of sporting rule breaking
...the cheat Schumacher
...the cheat Schumacher
...the cheat Schumacher
...the cheat Schumacher...

It's like a Mantra you repeated four times in just ONE post. :yawn:

No offence intended to Hinduism.
Yes sagi, it's a title, like WDC Hamilton, the cheat Schumacher expression allows those new to F1 ( yet after a year still just as new) to learn more about f1. I am sure even a new fan now knows that the cheat Schumacher was dqed for crashing into a rival
Funny how bright school kids can learn a whole new language in a year yet in f1 new fans without much knowledge can still claim the same status a year later
Maybe it is time to get back to the present and talk about McLaren and it's 2015 driver lineup, there is more talk about non McLaren drivers than anything.

Magnussen is the obvious choice, with a rumored $35m a year for Alonso, JB will be too expensive, I do think he should simply say, I'm done and off to WEC, seems he has a few options there. And it will give me a reason to also follow WEC with both Mark Webber and Jenson Button racing!
Thats the thing MOA, I think Jenson has left it too late for WEC, Porsche and Audi have both confirmed thier drivers, and Toyota were there was a seat, apparently it has recently been handed over to a junior driver (IIRC)
Also from Jensons comments now, its obvious there has been an ofer made by the team, along the lines of 'Jenson, you are too expensive, going by who else we culd get we are willing to offer you this' and the 'this' will be less than 1 mill I reckon. To which Jenson has probably said (and quite rightly) 'go and do one Ron' (no singing of do Ron Ron in the back seats please)

This is what Rons does, he did it with Lewis and Lewis walked, im sorry but jenson was either too lazy or too complacent not to have seen this coming and made other arrangements, But then he has a capable manager and so the other conclusion is that no one wants Jenson- makes more sense when you consider his pay packet.

There is no way Button could have accepetd a Wage 1/30th that of Alonsos, he might as well just strap on the knee pads whilst after he signs.

And all this talk now of, 'I am worth something because I bring results and develop the car is exactly what will irritate Ron no end (or any other ambitious boss) Yes Jenson brings home the minor points in a crap car, but the whole idea of change is to bringhome the major points in a giood car, and jenson doesnt seem to remeber that he has been payed the highest amount in the teams history for 2 years during the 2 worst years in their history for exactly the things he is bleating about - good with sponsors? - no sponsors, good at development - backward development, brings points - no one cares about mickey mouse points only doing what Alonso does, consistently get more points than anyone else in the car could do.

look what the blackmailer has done to Kimi who is a WDC, compare that to what Jenson has done with to a rookie, now tell me the McLaren with its Merc lump is worse than the Ferrari with its donkey engine?

Jenson is a joke, he should leave quietly without trying the guilt game on a guy like Ron who could (PROBABLY) happily get those he is up against photographed doing their thing in nazi dungeons and even supply the pictures for free to the press. I just dont know how one guy can be such a smarmy backstabbing personality yet charm so many so effectively that they never remember his form.

rant over/
I agree that Jenson has left it too late if a deal if not already in place, maybe I should have written that Jenson should have said I'm off to WEC two months ago when all the rumours that Alonso was to join McLaren Honda began. Unless he has other plans outside of motorsport and it's not like he needs the money!
And we have the final pitch from Jenson before McLaren apparently 'make their decision' this week. The British media onslaught has receded in the face of zero effect and now Jenson himself is being wheeled out to make the final clarion call. Never have the phrases 'barking up the wrong tree' or 'flogging a dead horse being more appropriate'

The Woking squad's team bosses are expected to make a decision on their driver line-up this week and Button says the appetite for a good challenge from a team-mate remains as strong as ever, but he is more concerned about having a car that can challenge for victories.

This is the Jenson that said the best way forward was a number 1/2 driver situation, and the reason the tyre friendly, pull rod compatible Sergio Perez was signed. But now Jenson is more concerned about a good car

Asked about being Alonso's team-mate, the 34-year-old told Crash.net: "I think every driver likes the challenge of a good team-mate. That's why I loved the three years I spent with Lewis. He was extremely quick, he was better than me in qualifying over the three seasons but I could really challenge him in the race and a lot of times put him in his place in different situations and different conditions.

The facts are that in the races they both finished Lewis was ahead in DOUBLE the races
This is the real story just to set the context for this post
Faster qualifying time: Hamilton 44 / Button 14
Poles: Hamilton 9 / Button 1
Front rows: Hamilton: 23 / Button 9
DNFs: Hamilton 13 / Button 8
Best race result (inc DNFs): Hamilton 32 / Button 26
Ahead in two-car finish: Hamilton 24 / Button 13

"That's what I miss more than anything else right now, it's that fighting for a win. That's what probably is the most difficult thing at this moment in time is that we can't challenge for wins in Formula One. So for me if I'm in Formula One next year I've got to be winning, that's what I'm here to do.

Are you serious?? he didnt complain and leave the last 2 years, and there is no chance of winning next year at Mclaren, what can he mean, he is too good for the team now they wont pay 15mill?

The first three years with McLaren have been amazing, challenging for wins; yeah we didn't quite with the Championship but it was a mega challenge. The last two years have been tough. Next year, if I'm in Formula One I want to be winning races."

Tough??? on a massive pay check while the team is thrashed
In his 15 years in F1, Jenson has won races in 4 years - in one it was the first 6 races in a 2 sec car, apart from a lone win, the rest was at McLaren - and now its TOUGH at McLaren???

Lets hope this is the end of these comments and that after the 'decision' he will withdraw gracefully (if that is the decision ofcourse)
Heres a quick reminder for McLaren fans of the stellar contribution to the team they have to now do without

[youtube]888kSm8UdCI[/youtube]
I wouldnt actually mind seeing Button up against Alonso, but not at McLaren, maybe at Ferrari, imagine Jensons face when he gets the radio message

'JB, Fernando is more disturbing than you, do you understand?'

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

edit: its a slow day, what can I say
I'd just like to see them both up to their shenanegins with each other , with my driver safely out of the way :D . Jenson working overtime behind the scenes spending half his wages( cos they'd be cut) on buying the 'family' steak dinners and taking them on triathalons and always the cheeky chappy to the press. Meanwhile Alonso would be all dour looks and eyebrows. He would be throwing toys about and insisting on number one status and claiming every improvement was down to him. Oh t'would be fun. :twisted:
I'd just like to see them both up to their shenanegins with each other , with my driver safely out of the way :D . Jenson working overtime behind the scenes spending half his wages( cos they'd be cut) on buying the 'family' steak dinners and taking them on triathalons and always the cheeky chappy to the press. Meanwhile Alonso would be all dour looks and eyebrows. He would be throwing toys about and insisting on number one status and claiming every improvement was down to him. Oh t'would be fun. :twisted:

Ah rc, I have an opening for a dominatrix at my dungeon - would love to add your kind of sadism to our offerings :twisted:

Ah rc, I have an opening for a dominatrix at my dungeon - would love to add your kind of sadism to our offerings :twisted:

Send me the job spec , I'll look it over.
If Button leaves McLaren, I wouldn't mind Ferrari taking Button for next year. I doubt he would do any worse than Raikkonen has this year.

Petafromkimi is going to have such a go at you.

Aww. I am a Kimi and Jens fan. And a McLaren supporter. Not a great season for me. :( Now I know why I am so angry all the time :banghead:
Not sure about my new name, I should make a poll

And Kimi has not done well. No quarrels from me.

See our F1 related articles too!