FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I'm close on sentiments to you with that one F1 bettings. Lewis is always my man, but Ricciardo has become my second favourite. I'm hugely impressed with him this year and I like the way he goes about his business.
That wasn't quali, so let's wait and see. Lewis was 1.5 secs faster yesterday.
Lewis spent lots of time in pit on setup - he then came out and did a competitive lap - therefore I understand that he has spent more time tweaking his car than Nico. This leads me to believe that when the crunch comes we already know how fast Nico will go but we dont know yet about Lewis - he is now truly able to keep his best for when it matters as once he is on track for quali its too late for Nico to know how to match him due to radio ban.

lets see in a couple hours :hooli-popcorn:
That wasn't quali, so let's wait and see. Lewis was 1.5 secs faster yesterday.

Not really, Nico had his lap ruined by Maldonado crashing and to be honest I think he would have been faster had he finished his lap. This morning Nico can just do 1 tidy lap and go P1 while Hamilton looks all ragged and all over the place. I know Lewis has more up his sleeve for sure but I'm sure Nico has too.

Hamilton was 1.5 faster on long runs but we all know that isn't realistic.
The whole idea of practice is, errm, to practice

Lewis traditionally spends the practice probing for the performance edge, to do that yu gotta be on the ragged EDGE, then he returns to the pit and spends time in there and then comes out and does a competitive lap

That is exactly what a smart driver would do, anyway we will soon see. Lets not forget that before all this intra team sandbagging stuff started after Monaco, Lewis' method for each one of the 5 races he before was the same modus operandi - everyone said Nico is fast in practice then come quali Lewis brings the best last

What would be the point of going fast early then not finding out how fast you can really go before completing the setup
Well we'll find out soon enough. Lewis did look more ragged. Was he testing the limits of different parts of the track on different laps? I was fully expecting Lewis to be slower this session because anything he does can be copied......but maybe he hasn't cracked his set up, which is odd when he was so on it yesterday. We'll have to wait and see.
:rofl: great minds Cookie! We posted those posts at the same time :thumbup:
Lewis has the highest quality fanbase RC :thumbup:

Apparently not according to a lot of people

Yeah, we're on some people's hit list, ne'er mind. It's worth it :wink:
I'll just mock those moaning about Hamilton fans....

"WAAH, HAMILTON FANS MOANING IN 3....2....1"

"HAMILTON IS IMMATURE"

"HAMILTON CAN'T TAKE LOSING SERIOUSLY LOL"

thats a great impression of the dreamteam :imwithstupid::doh::gonnagetit:

Nicos intellect is asking for driving advice on the radio???

See our F1 related articles too!