FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For all your expert predictions
Me too Jab :(
congratulations Stonemonkey :clap:
Thanks Myown for running this, it was good fun.
Next year I need to engage brain and disengage heart. It won't work.

Who are you kiddin' next year you'll just be betting against Button. :wink::twisted:

Ey gods, there's all that crap to come next year :banghead: yeah as I said, engaging brain won't work, even if the McLaren is a rocket
Just echoing the sentiments, by adding my congratulations to MOA for running the F1 Pool. It's been immense fun, and a big improvement on its meagre beginnings last season.

Hopefully, you'll continue to run it next year?

Looking forward to getting cracking with it again in Melbourne. :thumbup:
All being well; the pool will be returning in 2013; assuming the world doesn't end on December 21, 2012!

I was thinking next season, we could make it a little more interesting, maybe a small entry fee; say $/£/€1, the winner of the pool at the end of the year will get all the entry fee money!
All being well; the pool will be returning in 2013; assuming the world doesn't end on December 21, 2012!

I was thinking next season, we could make it a little more interesting, maybe a small entry fee; say $/£/€1, the winner of the pool at the end of the year will get all the entry fee money!

I doubt my luck will hold up again but I'm up for that.
Paying? No, thanks. :nono:

That's not paying that's gambling. I guess if we *wanted* to do something like that we'd need to look at the legality of it, and how we'd pay in and collect money out.

We'd not get nearly as much participation I'm thinking. Personally I'd rather win zero in a game with fifty people playing regularly than win a given small sum of money with five or ten people playing.
Could always do it sweepstake style - whoever wants to pay in before round 1 can do, then the highest placing person who chipped in gets the winnings. Anyone else could just play for bragging rights. I'd do that for a quid, what the hell! Makes it a bit more fun, even if only for a few £/$/etc. :twisted:
Paying? No, thanks. :nono:

That's not paying that's gambling. I guess if we *wanted* to do something like that we'd need to look at the legality of it, and how we'd pay in and collect money out.

I don't see it as gambling; otherwise F1 itself would be gambling; paying a fee to enter to win monies at the end of the season!

How it would work is; a neutral would set up a Paypal account, which everyone that wants to take part in the 'sweepstakes' can pay in their 1 dollar/pound/euro and it will be paid out to the winner of the pool in November. If the winner is a non-payer, the money goes to the next highest who paid their entrance fee. I like the idea of a small wager to spice things up, it also may encourage people to play more regularly with something tangible at stake!
There are some laws to consider...

We could always call it a service fee to me for hosting the pool; it does cost me $12 per year plus my time, which is charged at $25 per hour. ;):D
There are some laws to consider...

We could always call it a service fee to me for hosting the pool; it does cost me $12 per year plus my time, which is charged at $25 per hour. ;):D

Finding a neutral party in this place? :rofl:
Finding a neutral party in this place? :rofl:

We could always ask Bernie Ecclestone to hold the prize winnings for us? Everyone trusts Bernie, right? :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!