FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By kneeby
Been to two Nascar events both Pepsi400 at Daytona, always arrange to go to Florida on holiday at that time, anyway granted it has the image of being boring but being there is awsome, the noise of 30+ cars flying past you close up is exhalirating. The whole event feels special, the fans are very loyal to there teams, and there is a lot of abuse being thrown about to drivers not from the 'south' all good fun.

F1 should take note of how fan friendly NASCAR is, we walked round the pits (no passes needed) managed to get a couple of drivers autographs, the exhabition stands that follow the series are unreal, last time i got free chewing tobacco!!!! and best of all beer comes to you on your seat!!!!!!!

Tobacco :vomit:
Beer :vomit:
But yeah, NASCAR is fan friendly.

haha agree with tobacco, it was chewing tobacco, only had a bit bloody awfull, felt like that sheriff of cannonball run!!
By suitcase
Been to two Nascar events both Pepsi400 at Daytona, always arrange to go to Florida on holiday at that time, anyway granted it has the image of being boring but being there is awsome, the noise of 30+ cars flying past you close up is exhalirating. The whole event feels special, the fans are very loyal to there teams, and there is a lot of abuse being thrown about to drivers not from the 'south' all good fun.

F1 should take note of how fan friendly NASCAR is, we walked round the pits (no passes needed) managed to get a couple of drivers autographs, the exhabition stands that follow the series are unreal, last time i got free chewing tobacco!!!! and best of all beer comes to you on your seat!!!!!!!

Tobacco :vomit:
Beer :vomit:
But yeah, NASCAR is fan friendly.

haha agree with tobacco, it was chewing tobacco, only had a bit bloody awfull, felt like that sheriff of cannonball run!!

Tobacco is disgusting.
By texasmr2
isn't Nascar normally in America ?

NASCAR is an american series but there are other forms of 'stock car' racing in other countries.
By texasmr2
Anyone else gonna watch the Daytona 500? I'm gonna grill a ribeye steak and watch it with my dog Max as he won't let that steak out of his sight anyway :hehe: .
By stonemonkey
Anyone else gonna watch the Daytona 500? I'm gonna grill a ribeye steak and watch it with my dog Max as he won't let that steak out of his sight anyway :hehe: .

Keep us posted, I'm sure everyone here's dying to know......

.....who got the steak?
By texasmr2
Pre-race is still 2hr's away.
By stonemonkey
Pre-race is still 2hr's away.

Ah k, gonna re-tune my box and see if i can pick it up anywhere.
By texasmr2
I normally do not watch a full 500 race as I will tune in and out, the last 20-30 laps are the most exciting.
By Stealthgate007
juan is currently if 5th place. He didn't pit after the first big wreck caution. He was in first place at one point..
By texasmr2
Congrats to Jamie McMurray! He is a great racer and a great guy imo.
By 7UpJordan
I ended up watching it on Sky Sports because there was nothing else on TV. I can imagine what would have happened if the BBC crew had been covering it, for starters Eddie Jordan would have gone into stuck record mode again and say "They should call the results because this race is not going to restart!" over and over again.

Next Brundle would have called the people repairing the potholes "pikeys" like he did at Montreal in 2008. And lastly Legard would have constantly shouted "JOINS THE BATTLE!!! HE'S ON A CHARGE!!! FOOT DOWN!!! WHAT CAN HE DO????".

See our F1 related articles too!