FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By Sam-KK24
Just to add, could anyone who is kind enough to make a donation PM or email me at [email protected] telling me that you have made a donation..

Thank you

Sam
By Sam-KK24
Got my New Gillard 010 2008 chassis this morning! :) Although I didn't get out on the track as there was quite a bit to do to the kart, and they wanted £40 for about 50 laps!

New matching suit ordered, just got to decide on boots and gloves now :)
By Jabberwocky
very cool mate
By texasmr2
Sam that's just super my friend I'm so very happy for but you know your gonna have to post a pic of you in the new suit right :wink: lol? I would like to appologize to you because I am not able to make a donation at this time, it's make's me feel bad, but until I am able to just know I am behind you 110% in spirit and support.

Send my best to your family mate and we will get the 'contributing sponsor' thing going and 'on track' :wink: eventually. Keep the faith bro.

Gregg
By Sam-KK24
Yeah mate, that's cool ;)

I think I will be getting my suit at my next meeting, I'm not certain though..
By Sam-KK24
Just thought I'd give everyone a status report:

I think I will be collecting my suit on the 1st weekend of March.

I should be giving the Gillard 010 it's first test during this week or at the weekend, I will be testing at my home track, and will have the honour of being the first to drive on the new section.

I have pulled out of the Motors TV event, at least for just now. With only 3 meeting at the very end of the season we do not think it would be worthwhile, and instead we are going to focus on the A.S.K.C Scottish Championships, which I expect to win, for the first time in my career.

Also guys, I think my website email is now working again, and questions... Just drop me a line ;)
By 7UpJordan
Just tried to make a donation but it said page not found. Is this still the right link? Or is there a different one now? :)

http://tinyurl.com/ysoz4x
By Sam-KK24
Thank you 7UP, I am not sure why the link is not working... I'll look into it right away!

I've added you on MSN, I'll hopefully catch up with you on there..

Thank also to Tex, without whom nothing would have happened :)
By texasmr2
Thank also to Tex, without whom nothing would have happened :)

No dont thank me mate I feel like I should be thanking you! My biggest enjoyment in life is helping other's especially those who do what I wish I was doing :lol: ! Thing's will pickup once everyone is settled into this idea and once I resume a steady monthly income I will be making monthly donation's, they might be small considering the big picture, but atleast I will know your team has a full belly of 'fish and chip's' for a race weeend :D !

Gregg

PS,
For everyone who has not realized yet this idea of helping Sam is solely based on helping a fellow racer, because most of us live vicariously through this sort of interaction, and to let the 'community' know whomever they may be that this forum is truelly about racing! Sam could be testing for a F1 team someday we never know but to one who played apart, albeit maybe small, the pride is just as large right!
By Sam-KK24
Thank you Gregg,

Of course thanks must also go to Jonathan Rockliff (7UP) for making the first donation :)

Heres hoping to a successful 08!
By Sam-KK24
I know this is off topic, but I found some of my Karting memories, and I thought I would share :)

First Kart

One of my First Test Sessions

My First Race

3 Years later and in the Minimax Class.

Leading the British Open Champion at the A.S.K.C round 2

Winning Round 1 of the NKRA Championships

Now in the Junior Rotax Class.

Leading the A.S.K.C Scottish Championship final round.

I made a slideshow of a Test session at my Home track, with a little video at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZqPW6tSJpM
By texasmr2
Excellent Sam thank's for sharing :D ! Any chance you can post a video without the music because the engine sound is the best music?
By Sam-KK24
No, as it was actually taken on a cheapy camera that didn't do sound, sorry!

P.S what did you think of my line in the infield, I think that was probably one the best laps I have actually done :lol:

Just to add, the reason I look so small in the first pics was because it was 7 years ago!
By Sam-KK24
Sorry for the double post :)

I might be picking up a Digital Camcorder this weekend, in which case I will be taking a few onboard laps of the new East Of Scotland Kart Club :0

Also, picking my suit up this weekend so hopefully get a few images of the equipment for the upcoming season.

I will be racing on the first Sunday of this month, so I'll hopefully give you another update on the Saturday (Testing day) and then a full race report on the Sunday..

Also, you can go to http://www.sammoffat.co.uk for more information, thanks

P.S I know I have been having a few problems with my website email, but that is now fixed ;)

See our F1 related articles too!