FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I kinda thought he might be. What are the times of the practise sessions?

FP2 is about to start. FP1 was Alonso, then Lewis then Nico about .12 and .15 tenths off respectively.

Thanks WB, I might be able to get FP2!!
I think we can get Fox sports? maybe? Kimi was 1.27sec slower than Alonso in FP1, That's a big gap. Now how do I know about that? I have no idea!

Found FP2!! Whoop whoop!
Lewis 1.5 secs faster than Nico, interesting :D and did I hear Lewis may have been sandbagging? It's only practice of course , but that wasn't very cerebral of Nico now was it!
Maybe Nicos intellectual prowess doesnt extend to working out when to get the laps in. However I did notice that when he asked his engineers the gap to his teammate he was intellectual enough not to ask for sector times. On the other hand I though he had practiced not needing any info on the sim.
Surely he is not still using his teammate as a benchmark, I am sure I heard the dumber teammate ask about the lap time of all the other drivers - oh well I am sure this intellect will shine through sooner or later like it did in quali at Monaco
Lewis was about a second faster than Nico in the race runs which confuses me. Lewis also said he thinks more will come overnight.

To be fair, this has probably been the natural gap all season which has been masked by something or the other almost every race. We have seen Lewis show that differential at will in a few races. In other races when coming from the back of the grid we have also seen it. We saw it again in Monza and I suspect we will see it again a lot more now Nico will not have a clue to Lewis' pace unless he is right behind him which wont be the case if either has issues or splits strategy

The ban on teammate info during the race will most definitely hurt Nico a lot more, and Lewis has had a reprieve from the only ban that could have benefited Nico more (according to the armchair psycholanalysts) - info on managing the 6 main systems on the car.

All in all a good result so far, and provided Paddy can actually organise 2 cars that both finish a race, the fun part of the season beckons :hooli-popcorn:
Vettel is on thin ice at the moment. He's gonna have to take a penalty some point this year

It would be shame if it was this race. He has form here and, although it's been said countless weekends and turned out wrong, he could
finally get a good result over DR. However Ricc is definitely in that headspace where he expects to beat Vettel now. It'll be a close dry race
and if it's wet, who knows.

See our F1 related articles too!