FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By stonemonkey
Not too keen on seafood, how do you cook it, would you have it as a pie?
By sagi58
...I'm sure fried pastry would go down well in Scotland...

Apparently, the ingredients are easily had, wherever you hail from! :thumbup:
By stonemonkey

In Scotland we have a tradition of frying (esp. deep frying) everything, that includes the fantastic deep fried battered Mars bar.
By sagi58

In Scotland we have a tradition of frying (esp. deep frying) everything, that includes the fantastic deep fried battered Mars bar.

Italians from Calabria have been known to use one of two cooking methods for pretty well everything:
boil it to death or fry it until it burns, baby!! :hehe:

p.s. Haven't tried frying Mars bars... or boiling them, for that matter!!
By Jabberwocky
The deep fried Mars Bars are in batter, I think boiling them would be an interesting mess
By Jabberwocky
Today I plan on making some Gooberz (It is how the Cypriots pronounce it) even thought it is spelt Koupes, one of my favorite dishes from when I lived in Cyprus, but sadly we do not seem to get them in the UK
By What's Burning?
I don't normally put pictures of food on the internet, but when I do...
By spankyham
And where's my invitation .... foot tapping
By sagi58
Looks just divine!!! Mind you, I looove Caprese salads!!

My newest variation is to use the mini bocconcini and the small grape/cherry tomatoes!!
And, of course, fresh garlic and basil!! hmmm...
By spankyham
Looking at that salami in WB's pic reminded me of my luggage..... let me explain. When I travel between my homes in Perth and the Philippines I don't need any luggage, but I always carry two empty bags from Philippines to Perth. They come back full of salami's, olives, 00 flour etc - you just can't get decent quality in the Philippines. I spent over $500 on salami's and prosciutto alone this last trip :hehe:
By spankyham
Aren't there export/import regulations? :confused:

In 20 years of travel in and out of the Philippines I've never had a bag opened or looked at, having said that, I don't think there is restrictions on personal food items like this. If it was going the other way (Philippines into Australia) there'd be no chance. I suspect if I ever was asked they'd probably what me to give to them a "sample" and all would be ok :hehe:
By sagi58
Our Canadian laws are very strict about what foods, plants, etc. you can bring into the country.
Of course, that's also dependant upon getting "caught", which is more common these last few years.
By darwin dali
Hey, stonemonkey!!

You did a great job looking for foods from different countries!
Just in case anyone doesn't know this, you can find pretty well any of those
foods right here in T.O.!! We're very multicultural, eh!

p.s. Canada is not only the home for poutine, but also for beaver tails!!

So that's what happened to all those strip clubs in Toronto.

Two years later, the Hookers opened up the first BeaverTails stand in the Byward Market in Ottawa.
:yikes::thumbup:
By What's Burning?
Looking at that salami in WB's pic reminded me of my luggage..... let me explain. When I travel between my homes in Perth and the Philippines I don't need any luggage, but I always carry two empty bags from Philippines to Perth. They come back full of salami's, olives, 00 flour etc - you just can't get decent quality in the Philippines. I spent over $500 on salami's and prosciutto alone this last trip :hehe:

So I'm a displaced Mediterranean soul living in central PA, far from all the good things I like to eat.

Thankfully we have here one of the world's top ten farmer's market and I can get a hold of pretty much anything, very fresh, mostly locally grown, and there's a goon foodie culture so there's a lot of local craftsman cheeses and sausages. That's a chorizo I got from a local artisan. Not from Spain, but it was pretty damned good.

Cheese however, I still have to get some of the stuff gray market, especially the raw milk washed rinds I love like Epoisses or Langres.

The next time you're stateside Spanky, smuggle in a soppressata for me. :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!