FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
I am sure other programs do that as well. It is just the option I use. You can get it from Google play (should be one of the pre loaded apps)

Sent using NCC-1701
When you set up wifi one of the options is that the phone alert you when wifi is available. It don't connect automatically because you'll need a password but at least you'll know if the coffee shop or waiting room has it available.

The problem with Android is that they al vary slightly in how you actually get to a feature. Unlike the iPhone that works the same.
I might try and get that juice programme. I think my main concern is that I'm not roaming about when I'm abroad without realising.
Here's my phone, but it's still doesn't work yet.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Everyone's got one of those or an iPhone.

Still waiting for my Blackberry Z10 to materialize next to me when I wake up. :hehe:
I might try and get that juice programme. I think my main concern is that I'm not roaming about when I'm abroad without realising.

Only turn on the data connection when you're using it then, I've just got a galaxy mini which is probably similar. Like JW said, swipe from the top of the screen down to the bottom. Along the top of the screen are boxes with things like GPS and wifi that you can turn on and off, swipe/scroll the boxes from right to left and there should be one that says Mobile Data, that turns the data connection through the mobile network on and off.

You can turn it on/off in the settings too, Settings -> More Settings -> Mobile netwoks -> Mobile data

With it turned off you won't be able to send/recieve picture messages even if wifi is connected.
By LRW
OR - she could stop being tight and buy a bundle with unlimited data in the UK, and a roaming bundle for when she is in France. If she can afford half a chalet in France, she can afford a decent phone contract.

:D
that is why she can afford a multi million pound property portfolio, look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves lol
that is why she can afford a multi million pound property portfolio, look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves lol

:thumbup: ...something like that.....except the multi million bit :hehe:

:thumbup: ...something like that.....except the multi million bit :hehe:

Only turn on the data connection when you're using it then, I've just got a galaxy mini which is probably similar. Like JW said, swipe from the top of the screen down to the bottom. Along the top of the screen are boxes with things like GPS and wifi that you can turn on and off, swipe/scroll the boxes from right to left and there should be one that says Mobile Data, that turns the data connection through the mobile network on and off.

You can turn it on/off in the settings too, Settings -> More Settings -> Mobile netwoks -> Mobile data

With it turned off you won't be able to send/recieve picture messages even if wifi is connected.

Thanks. I think I get that. I don't actually use my phone much and on my last contact used none of the data at all , and only a fraction of the minutes and texts. I'm going to search for those controls you said.....still no active sim yet :banghead:
Or do like I do and get a job with a multinational telecommunications company, I've not paid a bill for my cell phone since 1988. :hehe:
Can you imagine a telephone company employing mee Wb?

I've done the swipe thing and these are the buttons I've found. Is the grey one the one I have to turn off? I'm assuming it's grey because the sim isn't active yet? I don't think there's any more buttons , it won't swipe sideways. What does BT mean?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Or do like I do and get a job with a multinational telecommunications company, I've not paid a bill for my cell phone since 1988. :hehe:

New for 88, check out the great features...

Can you imagine a telephone company employing mee Wb?

I've done the swipe thing and these are the buttons I've found. Is the grey one the one I have to turn off? I'm assuming it's grey because the sim isn't active yet? I don't think there's any more buttons , it won't swipe sideways. What does BT mean?

B/T=bluetooth

there's more to the right off the screen, you can slide them across. (edit: i think, there is on mine... oops didnt fully read that there. the symbol on mine is 2 arrows side by side, 1 up and 1 down) if not then you should be able to find a widget for it somewhere.

See our F1 related articles too!