FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
You didnt prove that Lewis thought he was owed anything as a 'chosen' one - so that must be a lie you made up
You didnt prove how teams can develop their own engines or how doing so between races is cheaper than the freeze, and saying its only more expensive till parity is reached doesnt make it cheaper than the once yearly fix - but we already know you made that up

It seems that there is no proof that you agreed with the other 'non factual' debaters about MS's role in designing the Hybrid, so i am happy to retract this charge against you

however please go away and make sure you can back up what you say as i am only interested in true things

Ha! now you want proof of a person's thoughts. Good luck with that. We do know what Dennis said though that his "chosen one" was the trigger man on the 2007 debacle. Whether that was Monaco, Hungary or another yet undisclosed incident Hamilton certainly felt he was owed something!

Why am I to prove that additional in-season development is cheaper?, it would add costs and I have already posted that over a week ago. The way though to reduce costs is to remove the complexity from the expensive v6's ie. standard ecu, twin turbo, and ERS units etc. This would leave some budget money for in season updates, just like in the V10 days. Engineering competition is what F1 is all about. Much better than your 'financial competition'. :yes:

And I could care less about what you think about MS and hybrids! As I said before stop posting false quotes and attributing them to me.
Got it? Good. :wink:
Hamilton felt he deserved equality of treatment and opportunity....all he's ever requested.
The way though to reduce costs is to remove the complexity from the expensive v6's ie. standard ecu, twin turbo, and ERS units etc. This would leave some budget money for in season updates, just like in the V10 days. Engineering competition is what F1 is all about. Much better than your 'financial competition'. :yes:

Im speechless, I feel like I went to watch some award show and ended up with the prize!!
So after the huge costs sunk by each of the 3 engine makers into the hybrid, they should remove the expensively created methods of using half as much fuel to get more performance.
And then use the money saved to make multiple in season updates to try and get back to that performance? And the good old days are now the V10s, not last years V8s? Ok!!!!!

I am sure you went to read through the engine regs like I suggested, I will just set out the part that you need to know as it might make someone point out that what you are saying is fantasy that cannot be taken seriously
This would leave some budget money for in season updates, just like in the V10 days.

-Apart from the fact that a big component of the 'ongoing' charge for the engines is the development cost, removing those parts would turn F1 into a joke. It would have to be a whole raft of regulation changes, like the big change to go to hybrids, so the next one is in about 4 years or so, the clever engine makers would target that as an opportunity to try win themselves, and as soon as the format is agreed they will start preparing (like Merc did for 2014)
This would leave some budget money for in season updates,

-ONLY ENGINE MAKERS MAKE UPDATES ON THE ENGINES AND THEY HAVE TO MAKE THEM AVAILABLE ON EVERY SINGLE ENGINE this means both the rich and poor customers of a maker would be forced to implement EACH TIME there is an update, this ofcourse costs most money, so the money saved by a team paying less 'rental' fees would be spent on these engine updates through the season instead according to your understanding, and you can keep a straight face?
Engineering competition is what F1 is all about. Much better than your 'financial competition'. :yes:

-Engineering competition is what F1 is all about. Much better than your 'financial competition' - you typed or cut and pasted it but are advocating the engine makers who were not good enough to get it right to spend their way above other teams, and indeed 2 have already been put out of business by the cost of the Ferrari and Renault engines. But you want the engine makers pet teams to be allowed to spend even more, raising the price even more for all their customers and everyone elses?
Much better than your 'financial competition'. :yes:

Thats why they made the rules - to try and reduce the 'financial competition' part by agreeing to some fixed rules on spending money. And now people can type or cut and paste mantras calling for those rules to be torn up and 2 teams try spend their way above Mercs customers, oh yes and Honda as well. In the meantime the author of those mugbait items has since given up and turned instead to competing within these rules and hoping to do better, someone also took away his trophies, but I dont think that has had any effect, but at least Horner is no longer making these cheap and embarrassing claims

Its just people on forums

This is the likely order next year IMHO - Merc then Mclaren mixed with the Merc customers - then a mix of RBR, STR, Ferrari, Sauber - This is likely to be the case till 2017 earliest
Hamilton felt he deserved equality of treatment and opportunity....all he's ever requested.

I do think it was more than that.

My impression is that Dennis did not know how to say no to Hamilton and that Hamilton (and his father) were able to take advantage of this very effectively.

And his defiance of the team protocols in Hungary where it was Alonso's turn for the extra qually lap show he wasn't interested in just equal or fair treatment, imo his actions demonstrated he was after preferred treatment.
Back on topic please, we already have enough engine/power unit discussion threads.

Obviously depending on the Honda power train, we could have a race next year. Don't see Button taking a second position to anyone. Mercedes showed how that was done this year.
And, with Lotus switching to Mercedes power....

My impression is that Dennis did not know how to say no to Hamilton and that Hamilton (and his father) were able to take advantage of this very effectively.

And his defiance of the team protocols in Hungary where it was Alonso's turn for the extra qually lap show he wasn't interested in just equal or fair treatment, imo his actions demonstrated he was after preferred treatment.

Dennis doesn't get dictated to. Where have you got that information from? That Dennis couldn't say no to Hamilton? He did say no to Hamilton and his father and Hamilton nearly signed with another team because of it( prior to F1) so that directly contradicts what you've just stated.
And If Hamilton had preferential treatment as you state, why would he have to 'do an extra quali lap'? Surely if he had preferential treatment he would already be on the preferred Quali strategy?

Dennis doesn't get dictated to. Where have you got that information from? That Dennis couldn't say no to Hamilton? He did say no to Hamilton and his father and Hamilton nearly signed with another team because of it( prior to F1) so that directly contradicts what you've just stated.
And If Hamilton had preferential treatment as you state, why would he have to 'do an extra quali lap'? Surely if he had preferential treatment he would already be on the preferred Quali strategy?

Best to get on with the business of enjoying the championship season and looking forward to another championship battle next season, either with his teammate or with a couple other players should the Williams continue to evolve and the McLaren get it right out of the gate. Competition is good, but I fear that competition with Ferrari and Red Bull will take a while as they got caught with their pants down.

And his defiance of the team protocols in Hungary where it was Alonso's turn for the extra qualy lap show he wasn't interested in just equal or fair treatment, imo his actions demonstrated he was after preferred treatment.

They just make things up and then deny it later. He latches on to Lewis breaking team protocol with an extra quali run, but has obviously read that somewhere and got confused - It was Alonso who did an extra Q2 run in Monaco to get preference for Q3 - they had agreed to equal amount at each stage. haha, its sad and desperate stuff. And there seems to be a lot of changing their posts meanings later shamelessly
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 17 Dec 14, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.

And his defiance of the team protocols in Hungary where it was Alonso's turn for the extra qualy lap show he wasn't interested in just equal or fair treatment, imo his actions demonstrated he was after preferred treatment.

They just make things up and then deny it later. He latches on to Lewis breaking team protocol with an extra quali run, but has obviously read that somewhere and got confused - It was Alonso who did an extra Q2 run to get preference for Q3 - they had agreed to equal amount at each stage. haha, its sad and desperate stuff. And there seems to be a lot of changing their posts meanings later shamelessly

I think it's just a bit of swelling.
[youtube]dZ4RS4i_RUQ[/youtube]
All that anusol we fedexed over to the h8rz must have got lost on the way = At least they have a good few weeks to heal those gashes and find a comfortable seating position for 2015.

Nico could beat Lewis In Aus quali and we can once again hear the that pathetic whinny sound - 'Lewis has lost it, Nico has struck the first mental blow, Lewis has a mental weakness, but that doesnt mean the weakness Lewis has is mental, or that its even Lewis', and doesnt even have to be about Lewis at all.

What splendid fun we had last year
The haters will have something to cheer for when Nico tops FP1 and FP2 in Melbourne.
Clearly this thread has run it's course, I don't want to listen to any more of this childish bulls***, thread locked!

See our F1 related articles too!