FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By Stealthgate007
And...

You can only have 20 million credits, max..

I started a championship and half way through it reached 20 and a note comes up and says you cant have more than 20 million credits.. I lost about 750,000 on the deal...

We'll time to buy some cars..
By Hexagram
For those of you that need to tune a car but don't have a clue where to start;

To cure understeer:

increase the front spring rate until you find a balance that works for you!

To cure oversteer:

Increase the rear spring rate until you find a balance that works for you! Sometimes reducing the front downforce can also help with curing oversteer, I had to use a combination of both reduced front downforce and increased rear spring rate on the Red Bull X2010, I also softened the anti-roll bars and springs bound/rebound!

Another thing to add to the good tips above is about your gearbox and tyres. If you pick up the custom gearbox from the tuning shop it will allow you to adjust your target top speed and the gear ratios will adjust for you.

And as for the tyres, don't think about racing on anything other than the racing tyres. I've stuck with the soft compound the whole time but I'm yet to do some really long distance races.

Simple adjustments some of my friends were not doing. :hehe:
By myownalias
The tyres are a bit of a joke in GT5; the hard racing compound seems to last no longer than the soft so you might as well use the soft racing tyre as said above.

Another suggestion for better handling, in many cars; adjusting the cars ride height a little higher at the rear for rear wheel drive cars will help immensely, for example if you set your front ride height to -10mm, set the rear to -7mm, the reverse is true for front wheel drive cars, adjust the front ride height 3mm higher than the rear, four wheel drive can be set equal but as a personal preference I tend to set the rear 1mm higher than the front as more power tends to go to the rear!
By Forza_Rosso
I hate the X1 now.... since I've been playing with it so much now, when I go to play F1 2010 all the cars seem so slow. I was so used to the X1 with it's lightning fast cornering that when I drive an F1 car it seems sluggish and I can't seem to get used to it ... :(
By vaptin
Just an outsiders comment, surely the X1 ought to be virtually the last car/achievement? Doesn't it ruin the feel of the rest of the game?
By Hexagram
I'd love to know what the folks at Polyphony were smoking when they were working on the rally dirt surface car physics.

It's like Sega Rally but the rear wheels are turning not the fronts. It's absolutely horrendous. :banghead:
By myownalias
I'd love to know what the folks at Polyphony were smoking when they were working on the rally dirt surface car physics.

I played through a couple of rally stages today and the snow stages are even worse, I have more grip on snow and ice than I do on tarmac, very odd! :confused:
By Hexagram

I played through a couple of rally stages today and the snow stages are even worse, I have more grip on snow and ice than I do on tarmac, very odd! :confused:

I know it's just insane. The car slides almost uncontrollably on dirt yet on ice you have all the grip in the world. :hehe::banghead:

The tarmac rallying feels closer to being right, you can throw the car into the corners but ya the feeling is weird since on ice you can push harder with a feeling of more grip.

One of the more annoying aspects is the co-driver who likes to tell you about tight corners at the end of long straights after your 1-2 seconds into the braking zone. :rolleyes:
By myownalias

One of the more annoying aspects is the co-driver who likes to tell you about tight corners at the end of long straights after your 1-2 seconds into the braking zone. :rolleyes:

I simply ignore the co-driver and watch the map on the middle of my HUD + take note of the gear suggestions and brake when it starts flashing!
By Hexagram

I simply ignore the co-driver and watch the map on the middle of my HUD + take note of the gear suggestions and brake when it starts flashing!

Ya, I resorted to that after a while. :(
By Hexagram
Right if you want any joy on the rallying in GT5, specially on dirt. Put SRF: On, Active Steering: Strong and ASM: On, ABS: 7 and TC: Off.

Feels better. Totally unrealistic though, but better.
By Hexagram
It has finally clicked why B-Spec racing is in GT5. Easy grinding is what!
:imwithstupid::deadhorse::banghead2::drunk:
By Stealthgate007
It has finally clicked why B-Spec racing is in GT5. Easy grinding is what!
:imwithstupid::deadhorse::banghead2::drunk:

what do you mean? just an easy way to make money/levels?

I'll say this.. I never devoted this much time to b spec in GT4...
By Hexagram
Two words boys...... Dirt 3

:yes:

[youtube]JvqmNVjFM30[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!