FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Winning a WDC as a rookie is a big ask! In any case, it's interesting to see the perception of Ferrari Man versus the reality of what happened. I'm not saying that you're wrong or that your opinion of Lewis is flawed based on what you perceived to be the case.

It's the reason I stated before that people tend to see what they want to see. Sometimes it's because of preference or opinion or loyalty or because of incomplete or faulty information or simply just perspective and point of view. But that's why we have horse races.

In any case, I'm glad that this year up and down the grid we've seen the better drivers generally outdrive the drivers that are either less experienced or simply not as good.
You know WB, that thought struck me the other day. The better drivers have been beating their team mates pretty conclusively this year. Which says that indeed these cars have handed something back to the drivers. Drivers are making a difference. And that can't be bad! Amongst the madness that is F 1, that is a good thing.
You know WB, that thought struck me the other day. The better drivers have been beating their team mates pretty conclusively this year. Which says that indeed these cars have handed something back to the drivers. Drivers are making a difference. And that can't be bad! Amongst the madness that is F 1, that is a good thing.

It was a complete accident RC. Remember Mercedes was begging for increased tire width at the back. (self serving I know) and were denied. It would have been massively easier to drive these cars were the tail not want to hang out every time they mashed the gas pedal, and with the increased rear grip because of the reduced aero.

So chalk this season's results up to it being a happy little FiA accident.

It was a complete accident RC. Remember Mercedes was begging for increased tire width at the back. (self serving I know) and were denied. It would have been massively easier to drive these cars were the tail not want to hang out every time they mashed the gas pedal, and with the increased rear grip because of the reduced aero.

So chalk this season's results up to it being a happy little FiA accident.

I do remember that. They wanted bigger tyres to make it easier to get the power down from that beast of an engine. ( I assume)

Well yes, thank heaven for little oversights :P Are they retaining skinnier wheels next year?
No change to the tires, just compound fiddling. It's likely now that we'll see some new wet weather tires though. Maybe the 17" or 18" tires in 2016?
Better wet tyres are needed, that would be a good thing, safety thing too. Many of the drivers have called for them. But other than that no change? So we should see some arses hanging out again next year? :P

It is very interesting to me that the more the increase in required raw driver input over aero and mechanical means to handle the cars - the more the drivers who are very skillful in the PR and 'media presentation appeal' side of racing have been thrashed.

Kimi who is generally elevated to greatness status anytime he completes a string of races without crashing, or even gets on the podium or wins, he is a big victim here. The gulf between how good the public THINK he is or would like him to be VS how good he really is

Seb also suffers a lot here, the gap between how good some would like him to be or blindly think he is VS how good he actually is to handling a car round corners using steering inputs allied with a feel for the limits of stability.
It is truly incredible to me that a 4x WDC with 2 races to go in a season can still be claiming that the reduced rear grip makes it hard for him to push as hard as others - this would be mindboggling even for 8 year old karting buddies

Button has of course confirmed this theory constantly over the last 3 years. When the car is perfect then he can go fast, but when it is not he is unable to even approach the limits of stability. Its no surprise that Button has almost never ever gone off the track, spun or crashed in free practice let alone quali or the race - thats the clue to his approach and why it is often said that development goes backwards as the team try to make a car 2 seconds faster so that it can be driven as fast as cars that are 2 seconds slower
This is why button has been out qualified by all his teammates since 2009, he doesnt have the feel that Magbnus or Perez have, although the cruise and collect has outscored those rookies without the 15 years experience

Massa is another example, fast in a straight line in the dry, but when it comes to his judgement and feel making the difference? No chance vs Bottas, just spins crashes complaining etc
I don't blame fans, certainly don't blame the casual fan but there is a consensus why you typically see the same names mentioned as capable racers by people that have watched for a while.

Like I said, in the end that's why we have horse races. If anything the direction the sport should take is more of what made this year great. More torque, keep the limits on aero dependency and maybe remove the mandatory change of tire compound in race. That would allow everyone to find what works best for them and bring it to the grid.
Better wet tyres are needed, that would be a good thing, safety thing too. Many of the drivers have called for them. But other than that no change? So we should see some arses hanging out again next year? :P

Yours? :twisted::whip:

If we're talking RC then that would be the cooch hanging out.

If we're talking RC then that would be the cooch hanging out.

She could mix it up a bit next year though and flash her booty :cloud9:

I see you baby, shakin that bottom
Shakin that bottom
Shakin that bottom

Cooch's , foo-foo's et al will not be be hanging out !

I see you baby, shakin that bottom
Shakin that bottom
Shakin that bottom

Cooch's , foo-foo's et al will not be be hanging out !

Err..."foo-foo?"

Sounds like such fun.
Yes that's a nice name.

See our F1 related articles too!