FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

... It's not always about the points

Is that person on crack?

Could be on Quack

sounds in line with what his fans say on this thread

while complaining loudly about posts like this from June
Button is about to get humiliated on an industrial scale unless he really starts earning his 15x mag pay check
:hooli-popcorn:

At least this fan knows where its at
♔ André ✫ #100 ⓟ ‏@ASM7 Nov 2
@JensonButton I'm waiting for you in my country. Good memories, right? COME ON JB! #TeamQuackQuack

TeamQuackQuack

:director: We have a better icon for TeamQuackQuack = Team :duckie::duckie:
Sounds about right. I was reading through his fans replies and I came across this one..

@JensonButton great racing Sunday ... It's not always about the points !! I'd love to see you in a @MercedesAMGF1 ! You would own it ! #JB22

I thought about putting him right. But then I thought , nah, leave him in blissful ignorance.

You done good RC.
Sounds about right. I was reading through his fans replies and I came across this one..

@JensonButton great racing Sunday ... It's not always about the points !! I'd love to see you in a @MercedesAMGF1 ! You would own it ! #JB22

I thought about putting him right. But then I thought , nah, leave him in blissful ignorance.

I almost replied to that moron that JB would surely own it, own some shares in the AMG division if they float it. But my twitter password is not working. :(
Thank the Lord you didnt do that, could have upset the chaps feelings

When JBs biggest supporter, the Daily Heils McEvoy throws in the towel, its possible the time to start look back to Jensons high points over the last 15 years

Jenson Button to quit Formula One with Fernando Alonso to replace Brit at McLaren

Jenson Button will retire after the final two races of the season
The Brit won the drivers' championship in 2009 with Brawn
He looks set to end his career having raced in 266 grands prix
Button could follow Mark Webber into World Endurance Championship

By JONATHAN MCEVOY FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 23:16, 5 November 2014 | UPDATED: 10:42, 6 November 2014

Jenson Button’s 15-year Formula One career will end at the final race of the season in Abu Dhabi on November 23.

Sportsmail understands that McLaren will bring in double world champion Fernando Alonso to replace the Briton with an announcement imminent.

Button, 34, has waited for months in the hope that his rookie team-mate Kevin Magnussen would be the one to make way if Alonso signed but McLaren principal Eric Boullier believes that 22-year-old Magnussen will complement Alonso better than Button.

An insider said: ‘Eric thinks the drivers must fit together rather than having two No 1 drivers. That is bad news for Jenson.’

Button, who flew into Sao Paulo, Brazil on Wednesday for this weekend’s penultimate race of the season, has said he does not want to move to a lesser team to prolong a career that has yielded 15 victories.

He has raced in 264 grands prix, more than any contemporary.

Button’s first victory came at the 113th attempt, in Hungary in 2006, and he won the world title with Brawn in 2009 before moving to McLaren.

There, he embellished his reputation as a formidable talent, particularly in the wet.

He briefly considered whether to stop racing at the start of this season after the death of his father John. He has since worn a pink helmet to recall the colour of the shirt John wore on race days.

Button may now follow his friend Mark Webber, the former Red Bull driver, into sports cars and the Le Mans-style World Endurance Championship.

Button’s manager Richard Goddard said recently: ‘Jenson is too good to sit at the back of the grid, so if McLaren haven’t got a seat for him, he would look elsewhere.’

not sure which team, its not Porsche or Audi
Time to goodbye to Jenson Button.

Bye fella.
By LH44
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29941679

Makes sense to pair KMag with Alonso. It's all about complements at this stage but no doubt if that incompetent TP was still around it would've been the other way round.

Long term I'm not sure KMag fits the succession planning needs. There are plenty of him in GP2, good qualifiers average racers and I think McLaren can do better.
The McLaren shop now has Jenson Button's top at a reduced price, but not Kevin Magnussen's.

Why oh why didnt Button do some research into Rons dealings with drivers who have not contributed anything to the Mclaren legend, and save us all this humiliating exit from the team. Why doesnt he just quit or announce another team for next year? He is no stranger to the ruthlessness involved with F1 contracts and commitments

Surely he never actually thought he would be retained after the guy who hired him on 15mill was measured up for the role of the worst TP in McLarens history, and a maker of the worst decisions ever, did he not notice how Sam Michael went from mouthpiece to the walking dead?

Oh well, Jenson had a good time before Ron came back so what goes round comes around
Did you miss the support posts from Lewis and Alonso that were posted a few posts back? You should read them, they're really nice about Jenson.

Edit: I do apologise, it's in the ' McLaren drivers thread' not this thread. But I do urge you to read it if it's positive things about Jenson you're looking for.
I did read them, they were positive from Lewis and Fernando and very nice to see. What I am mentioning is the constant Jenson bashing on this forum from certain posters and this is the Jenson Button Support Thread.
Correct me if I am wrong but the Jenson Button Support thread should be the place I look in for positive things about Jenson?
Its the place you should post positive things about Jenson :wavey:

If you cant or dont have anything positive to post about him...allow me to relay what his real fans are posting on tweeter to encourage and support him with

♔ André ✫ #100 ⓟ ‏@ASM7 Nov 2
@JensonButton I'm waiting for you in my country. Good memories, right? COME ON JB! #TeamQuackQuack

TeamQuackQuack
Ah, so one fan tweets something you can get behind and you run with it in so many posts. Not exactly original is it? I have many positive things to say about Jenson but anything I say would be overran with spiels of quotes from you along with your made up names for him and anyone you don't rate/dislike.

I remember giving derogatory /unkind nicknames for people when I was 12. I have matured since then, I can like or dislike a driver or a person without resorting to childish names . Anyway I think Lewis will win so you will all be happy. I will miss Jenson on the grid but I will not miss the constant trash talking, it tires me out :(
Petra, PLEASE, come on the forum just once and offer a view of yours on F1 rather than your dislike of the forum or it's members. There is so much to discuss at the moment.
What will Jenson do next year?
When will Alonso sign?
What's going to happen at the last race with the double points?
Will the engine freeze be relaxed?
What's going to happen about funding for the smaller teams?
And lots lots more.
Or you could start your own thread about something that interests you. Doesn't even have to be about F1, there's an 'anything else' section.
I'm sure you'd enjoy the forum more if you posted in a positive manner instead of always negative. And I think you'd find people would respond more to you.

See our F1 related articles too!