FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

If you're primarily a McLaren supporter then things should start looking up for you. Dead wood is leaving or getting sacked and things should slowly return to the norm for McLaren. Which is there or thereabouts, rather than the doldrums of the last few years.
Not sure if it will be very soon, it depends if Honda hit the ground running. Reports are they're a bit behind with the engine. But long term the furore is looking rosier.
By LH44
It can't get any worse than what we've seen for the past 2 years. I'm still very angry at how a team at the top of its game made some of the most disastrous decisions ever seen in F1 like the throwing away of arguably the fastest car at the end of the 2012 season. And then you have the lucrative deal that was handed to Jenson with very little fuss and the attempt to undercut Lewis in subsequent contract negotiations. Whitmarsh convinced himself that with the right system an ageing driver can upstage Lewis but he forgot there were races and championships to be won and Lewis represented their best chance of success. He also deserved a slap for the mess he made of the Sergio Perez situation. So now Ron has to clear up the driver mess as well as the car situation.
Agree completely LH44. And that mess ain't gonna clear up quick. At least things are moving in the right direction. But they've lost Lewis, they've lost Paddy, potential championships( 2012) , and they're changing from an engine that's the class of the field to an unknown quantity. There is no quick fix. Whitmarsh was a complete disaster. And button I'm afraid played his part. He has to go.
Every team has one of them, we have seen the Ferrari version and now we have the McLaren version. Yet the 2 proponents for """support""" on a """support""" thread never seem to be around at the same time :scratchchin:
Statistically and factually he is therefore the most unsuccessful Team Boss EVER in the history of F1 - FACT

The more successful you are the more visible you will be when new roles are mentioned. The more successful you are the more column space and publicity you will garner afterwards - and ofcourse goes without saying that the more successful you are the better your next job or role or considerations or short listings or status and visibility

the biggest failure in F1 management history yet the 'loyal' McLaren fans claim its merely fashionable to blame him AT ALL, and they would prefer to have him than RON, because he isnt to blame for the slide, Ron is :rofl::rofl:

Everything he introduced and employed has been reversed, sacked or changed - except one Jenson Button whos contract runs out in 3 races
Jenson clearly spends far too long reading through our forum!
JB is honest about himself on twitter at least, that's good to see.
Sounds about right. I was reading through his fans replies and I came across this one..

@JensonButton great racing Sunday ... It's not always about the points !! I'd love to see you in a @MercedesAMGF1 ! You would own it ! #JB22

I thought about putting him right. But then I thought , nah, leave him in blissful ignorance.

See our F1 related articles too!