FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By bmwpower
OK this is the reason why they need to have a save point, after finishing my 4th 24hr, the damn game froze on me before it had a chance to save :banghead:
By Stealthgate007
Well I guess I really cant say.. GT5 seems like a lot of work, but I've never owned any need for speed title.. It seems like fun and what I will probably get next..

I haven't played call of duty or any other top rpg, so I am thinking about going that route.

The only games I have are F2010 and GT5, so its all about racing right now..
By Forza_Rosso
I just got the X1 and all I have to say is HOLY S***. It's very fast but you need a lot of practice to really be able to race it.
By Stealthgate007
I just got the X1 and all I have to say is HOLY S***. It's very fast but you need a lot of practice to really be able to race it.

Really, that's nice.. how did you get your X1..
By myownalias
My poor GTR is getting battered in the 9hr Tsukuba race, my drivers have been off the track into the wall so many times I am amazed that the car is still running. The damage effects are getting better; apparently the damage doesn't get realistic until level 40, guess that I am going to have to play more A-Spec to catch up with B-Spec!
By bmwpower
Well I guess I really cant say.. GT5 seems like a lot of work, but I've never owned any need for speed title.. It seems like fun and what I will probably get next..

I haven't played call of duty or any other top rpg, so I am thinking about going that route.

I am in the same boat, I have all the F1 games, Project Gotham Racing, all the GT games and that's it, I don't play anything else. My son has all the games, COD, Halo, etc.... My wife has her Kinect. I am not a big fan of NFS because its too arcade but NFS Shift is different, its a cross between PGR and GT, the handling is a bit arcade but the racing and sense of speed is way way better then GT5, plus its got the latest RACE cars.
By Hexagram
I have to say after getting 25% of the way through GT5, it is fairly disappointing. I'm enjoying it but only just.

The only plus for me is that the core racing physics are solid on tarmac(the rallying is terrible).

The graphics are for a game that was so long in development poor in too many places for both tracks and cars. For example, Monaco looks barren in places and is missing road markings and bumps, it doesn't feel right.

Too many cars have no in car view and the ones that do tend to have low resolution textures! I was racing in a Lotus and the badge on the steering wheel was blurry ffs!

The driver animations are too rigid and unnatural looking and the menu systems right throughout the game are pure poo.

Am I being overly hard on this game? The the whole thing feels unfinished even though it was 5-6 years in the making.
By Stealthgate007

I am in the same boat, I have all the F1 games, Project Gotham Racing, all the GT games and that's it, I don't play anything else. My son has all the games, COD, Halo, etc.... My wife has her Kinect. I am not a big fan of NFS because its too arcade but NFS Shift is different, its a cross between PGR and GT, the handling is a bit arcade but the racing and sense of speed is way way better then GT5, plus its got the latest RACE cars.

Im definitely going to try some new titles when Im done with GT5. and NFS shift does look pretty good. Having PS3 for a couple of months, I am impressed with its versatility, internet, Netflix, media player, store, blu ray, I'm sure some other units may do somethings better and I am late in the game, but still think its worth the $300 I paid for it.. Im sure I got every penny out o GT5 if I calculate the hours.. 50 cents and hour maybe..

Hex I agree with you in some areas, that GT5 is a letdown in some places.
By Forza_Rosso
So today I took my X1 online. Getting in a room was a bit hard because of all the restrictions but I found one that said "Run what you got" or so they say. As we started, everyone with a head set started to complain saying how much of a douche I was for bringing it in against McLaren F1's and such. Partway through the race, my back tire touched the grass and I spun out. Even though I had a 45 sec lead the the guys started to complain about how they deserve the X1 and not me because "I couldn't handle the power". Man people can be A** H***'s online. ( BTW I lapped everyone then they kicked me out ) :bs::banghead::banghead::bs::censored::censored:
By bmwpower
So today I took my X1 online. Getting in a room was a bit hard because of all the restrictions but I found one that said "Run what you got" or so they say. As we started, everyone with a head set started to complain saying how much of a douche I was for bringing it in against McLaren F1's and such. Partway through the race, my back tire touched the grass and I spun out. Even though I had a 45 sec lead the the guys started to complain about how they deserve the X1 and not me because "I couldn't handle the power". Man people can be A** H***'s online. ( BTW I lapped everyone then they kicked me out ) :bs::banghead::banghead::bs::censored::censored:

I heard all about the douch bags complaining too everytime I bring the X1 online, what they don't realize is we worked hard to get the X1, ain't nothing but jealousy and that's why I love lapping them so much and toying with them. They bought their Ferraris, Lambos, McLarens, whereas we put in hundreds of hours for the X1 grand prize so their complains just fall o deaf ears.
By bmwpower
I have to say after getting 25% of the way through GT5, it is fairly disappointing. I'm enjoying it but only just.

The only plus for me is that the core racing physics are solid on tarmac(the rallying is terrible).

The graphics are for a game that was so long in development poor in too many places for both tracks and cars. For example, Monaco looks barren in places and is missing road markings and bumps, it doesn't feel right.

Too many cars have no in car view and the ones that do tend to have low resolution textures! I was racing in a Lotus and the badge on the steering wheel was blurry ffs!

The driver animations are too rigid and unnatural looking and the menu systems right throughout the game are pure poo.

Am I being overly hard on this game? The the whole thing feels unfinished even though it was 5-6 years in the making.

As you proceed further it does get a bit better and I mean a bit, not much. There's no fun factor, I mean zero fun factor but its more of obession to complete the game and unlock all the top prizes. I find myself trying to unlocking everything but not having fun doing it, its more of a chore.
By Hexagram

As you proceed further it does get a bit better and I mean a bit, not much. There's no fun factor, I mean zero fun factor but its more of obession to complete the game and unlock all the top prizes. I find myself trying to unlocking everything but not having fun doing it, its more of a chore.

The Karts are fun, real good fun lol

But ya, I'm on that total 100% completion mission at the moment. The rallying has to be the biggest let down. :(
By Forza_Rosso
The rallying has been a let down for me as well. Especially on the Driving Force GT wheel which jerks the wheel every time you're on a strait.

See our F1 related articles too!