FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By McLaren
Mystery of the missing fish!! :yikes:

I was hoping if people who knew fishes well could give some input..

I had left my tank alone for 5 days...and now I'm back and there is 1 fish missing! The tank had 3 tiger barbs and 1 sucker fish...and now I have 2 tigers and 1 sucker!! No sign of 1 anywhere inside/outside the tank. Do these tiger barbs have the ability to eat an entire fish if its dead? As the one missing now was a bit sickly and bullied often by the other two. Anyone?? :confused:

At a guess I would say it died,then the rest fed on it.It's surprising how quick it could go,I guess your sucker fish is a pleco?,I've known one of mine to not leave a dead fish till its more or less gone.It's also possible there is a bit left of it somewhere.
Fish will eat and eat,hense why you can over feed and kill them,but its very hard to starve a fish(not that I've tried ) :wink:
By f1ea
Mystery of the missing fish!! :yikes:

Anyone?? :confused:

do you have snails in your tank? if you do, they go through a dead fish in a matter of hrs

Also, if it jumped and dried on the floor, after a few days its easy to miss it... ants can grab it and take it to their base without you noticing, or someone could swipe the fish without noticing.
By Hammer278
Appreciate the input from you both. I'm guessing the fish was completely eaten up. And no, no snails whatsoever. Just these 3 left in it.

There's no way it could've jumped out, as the cover is on with a small gap in the center though even if it made it through that gap it would've been caught by the cover (plate-shaped).

McLaren, its a sucker catfish. I still find it very hard to believe the other 2 and the sucker could've virtually deleted any traces in less than 5 days though. :(
By texasmr2
:rofl::rofl:
[youtube]3jBqgjBVAhA[/youtube]
By Hammer278
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Holy crap, I've not laughed that hard in a long long time...

I'm exhausted. :blush:
By McLaren
Appreciate the input from you both. I'm guessing the fish was completely eaten up. And no, no snails whatsoever. Just these 3 left in it.

There's no way it could've jumped out, as the cover is on with a small gap in the center though even if it made it through that gap it would've been caught by the cover (plate-shaped).

McLaren, its a sucker catfish. I still find it very hard to believe the other 2 and the sucker could've virtually deleted any traces in less than 5 days though. :(

My stepdad had a sucker fish and it ate live fish in the tank let alone dead ones.they have a healthy apetite to say the least ,he wondered how it was growing so quick till the other fish started vanishing :hehe:
By Jabberwocky
I have added a few more fish today, 2 Paradise fish, 4 Gouarmis (2 opalite and 2 golden) plus a Shrimp that has been named Wally
By Jabberwocky
I only went into the shop to get some anti fungus/infection stuff. The Silver Shark has done his nose in on something.
By f1ea
Some pics of my planted 36 Gal, about 137 L.

This tank has:
10x Harlequin rasbora
7x Black skirt tetra
5x Corydoras Julii
and a pair of German Blue rams
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Hammer278
You have a great tank man. I'd like a tank like that one day.

If budget permits in the future, I'm thinking of getting the cylindrical tank..the massive one which is able to house sharks. You might've seen these mini sharks in trendy department stores/airports/etc...they look bloody amazing. Just like real sharks only smaller. Anyone have any friends with these?

http://www.google.com.my/imgres?imgurl= ... 45&bih=583

Looks like this, only shorter and fatter.
By horsepower
i have three dogs, my old boy border collie, young boy border collie (totally nuts, chaces birds like a cat and thinks he's alan titchmarsh) and a patterdale bitch.

two horses, stallion i bred myself, arabian cross thoroughbred, and his old mum.

two chickens, buff orpintons

and a boy.

hp
By texasmr2
I'M A DAD I'M A DAD!!! Not more than 4 min's ago I heard a kitten crying and was like "Who dat?" Then I look for Mrs.Shitty and she delivered two and then I helped her with the 3rd putty putty. Hold that thought as she look's to have a 4th bun in the oven ready for butter.
By Jabberwocky
I'M A DAD I'M A DAD!!! Not more than 4 min's ago I heard a kitten crying and was like "Who dat?" Then I look for Mrs.Shitty and she delivered two and then I helped her with the 3rd putty putty. Hold that thought as she look's to have a 4th bun in the oven ready for butter.

Congratulations :-)
By vlad
:clap::clap::clap:
By texasmr2
Next step is finding out the boy/girl thingy so I can name them appropriately :hehe: .

See our F1 related articles too!