FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
True, but lewis is in a better position for Abu double. As long as he goes into Abu double with a points gap on Nico then Nico will have to jump clean out the way if Lewis has to overtake. because if lewis took them both off, he would win yet retain some benefit of doubt - so Nico has very little chance in Abu barring relaibility
In the other 4 races again lewis has this advantage plus the better race craft so its gonna be even harder for Nico to overtake or stay in front of Lewis - so quali matters less

i think lewis played a masterful psychological warfare strategy against Nico since Monaco quali that culminated in Nico losing it making contact, getting his pants pulled down by the team, booed in Hungary, Italy and Singapore and now under scrutiny on track with Lewis not just, the victimised one, but also the unlucky one and most important for Merc the loved by public one

All in all those failed qualis for Lewis have been well worth it, as he can now crash into Nico once and get away with it

personally, I would take Nico out the first corner - end of story
By ang4f1
I would love to see that at the first corner...
But after the Monaco Q3 cheating....Lewis said he could understand Senna doing what he did...
And the driver steward....slated him & said he had noted the comment & added that Lewis ought to 'suck it up'...or something similar...
This Championship is going to go all the way to Abu Dhabi, No Question. You just get that feeling that something big is going to go down at Abu Dhabi. There will be some sort of drama just because of it happens to be double pts. And you would think Mercedes are going to get a lot of hate if its decided by a Mechanical, doesn't matter which driver.

Anyway we shouldn't look to far ahead yet, got Japan first and the massive unknown of Russia. More drama to unfold yet.
I'd love Lewis to pay back Nico's tricks in Abu Dhabi, but it's not Lewis' style. And I guess I'd love it even more if he won without resorting to that.
On where Toto stands I'm not sure, I haven't seen post race comments from anyone, since the last race. The above comments do sound more extreme than when Lewis had issues, but I do remember Lauda speaking up for Lewis In public everytime he had an issue.
but I do remember Lauda speaking up for Lewis In public everytime he had an issue.

Correct. Lauda is always in Lewis' corner. It always seems like Lewis & Lauda against the world (within the team). Without Lauda, Lewis seemingly has no great supporter within Mercedes AMG. The one that really surprised me is Paddy. I thought with him coming over from McLaren and being a fellow brit, there would have been more kinship visibly from the outside. He seems very indifferent towards Lewis to me. Again, this is from my armchair. No idea how he treats Lewis away from my...our prying eyes.

Such fun tho...
Wolff was also pretty public in condemning Nico at Spa. Though he never mentioned his name, it was all around it. I don't think Lewis and Lauda is 'against' the rest of the team, it seems to be a pretty close knit team offering equal support for both drivers.

And Wolff's comments about reliability now is understandable since we're approaching the knife edge of the WDC and Mercedes has had embarrassing reliability as the season has progressed. The latest one being a car not even being able to take the start of a GP. I don't see anything odd about the timing of the comments.
After the Singapore race, Toto did say on sky, during a interview "perhaps the racing gods have played a part" or something along those lines, which interested me. Can't find that interview clip anywhere but he did say something like that during the interview on sky, So he thinks justice has been served.
Last edited by Frontrunner on 23 Sep 14, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
How much more praise can the guy give when he said this in a post race Singapore interview.
“These are the Lewis Hamilton days. These are the days when you recognize how great he is and it makes the difference between the superstars and the stars.”
How much more praise can the guy give when he said this in a post race Singapore interview.
“These are the Lewis Hamilton days. These are the days when you recognize how great he is and it makes the difference between the superstars and the stars.”

Especially when the muppet in the other car bowed out before the lights went out. :hehe:

This reminded me of this commercial:hehe:
Yep, yep, yep...Hammer, Frontrunner and WB, points well taken. I've just been taking a broader view over the entire season. The gushing just seemed a bit off balance. I did see the comment Toto made about Lewis being "great." That was a nice touch. :)
Regarding the double points, it is insane that hypothetically Lewis can win the next four races, winning 11 GPs in the year yet DNF in Abu Dhabi, with Nico coming in 2nd in all of the remaining events... Nico Rosberg would win the WDC having won only 5 GPs.

Unless there is an additional DNF for Nico, he will have the statistical advantage for the remainder of the contest.

WB, that's the most absurd realization I've heard to this point! How wrong is that...if it comes true? How can you win 11 to 4 in any sport and still lose the Championship trophy to the person/team who just won 4? Bernie...WTF!!! :irked:

And yes, moderators...I realize that profane outburst just likely got me banned from this site. It was worth it! This double points rubbish is too much. Cheerz!

Don't worry second coming, you're going nowhere! If only all our 'customers' were as easy to deal with as you!
The double points are an abomination, and the more people that point (no pun intended :D ) it out the better!
Regarding the double points, it is insane that hypothetically Lewis can win the next four races, winning 11 GPs in the year yet DNF in Abu Dhabi, with Nico coming in 2nd in all of the remaining events... Nico Rosberg would win the WDC having won only 5 GPs.

Unless there is an additional DNF for Nico, he will have the statistical advantage for the remainder of the contest.

WB, that's the most absurd realization I've heard to this point! How wrong is that...if it comes true? How can you win 11 to 4 in any sport and still lose the Championship trophy to the person/team who just won 4? Bernie...WTF!!! :irked:

And yes, moderators...I realize that profane outburst just likely got me banned from this site. It was worth it! This double points rubbish is too much. Cheerz!

Don't worry second coming, you're going nowhere! If only all our 'customers' were as easy to deal with as you!
The double points are an abomination, and the more people that point (no pun intended :D ) it out the better!

AWESOME! I'll start unpacking. Heyyy...which one of you buggers took me hangers?!

Such fun!
I'd love Lewis to pay back Nico's tricks in Abu Dhabi.

So would I, as long as Ricciardo is within 49 points. It would be hilarious if Hamilton took Rosberg out and handed Ricciardo the title on a plate.
I'd love Lewis to pay back Nico's tricks in Abu Dhabi.

So would I, as long as Ricciardo is within 49 points. It would be hilarious if Hamilton took Rosberg out and handed Ricciardo the title on a plate.

I think Red Bull's lack of "team orders" Sunday means they know there's not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

See our F1 related articles too!