FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
Does the game still have that stupid penalty system (the black/white flag at the top of the screen)?? That annoyed the hell out of me on F106.

avoid penalties then :hehe:

I knew some smartarse would say that :twisted: but you got a penalty even if the computer rammed you!! :irked:

im the loyal smart arse around here i couldnt help it :hehe: But yeah i hear you! Racing incidents shouldnt be penalised in that game. Surely the developers could have made it so if you are going a certain speed whilst cutting the corner then its clear youre cheating not if you are going backwards or sideways due to a mistake which then makes the mistake worse because you get the dreaded flags and timer pop up.
Does the game still have that stupid penalty system (the black/white flag at the top of the screen)?? That annoyed the hell out of me on F106.

avoid penalties then :hehe:

I knew some smartarse would say that :twisted: but you got a penalty even if the computer rammed you!! :irked:

im the loyal smart arse around here i couldnt help it :hehe: But yeah i hear you! Racing incidents shouldnt be penalised in that game. Surely the developers could have made it so if you are going a certain speed whilst cutting the corner then its clear youre cheating not if you are going backwards or sideways due to a mistake which then makes the mistake worse because you get the dreaded flags and timer pop up.

I've tried the PSP version its alright looking forward to the ps3 or xbox version.
Yep, I got a penalty at the start of the Australian GP when I clearly had the racing line. But before the first corner (you will see this) the cars on the right hand side cut to the left to take the driving line.

Well, for some reason, they are programmed to do that even when you are there. And then I got a penalty.

<PRESS RESTART>

Another problem, why is Nelson Piquet so bloody hard to overlap. He slows down on the driving line, I plow into him - and guess who gets the freakin' penalty???
The 06 game annoys me because if you reverse into a wall at 15mph, your rear wing falls off and thats end of.
SOOO annoying.
Look at this year qualy, Buemi smacked the wall with his rear wing.
Fine it was.
Does anyone else have this problem in F1 2009:

It is impossible to get a good start from Pole. It happens every time. I take Pole, I line up on the grid, I set off with the KERS going full blast...And the car from Slot 2 surges easily ahead. I've tried waiting to deploy the KERS, waiting to apply the throttle, nothing seems to make a difference to how well the car gets off the line.

It is impossible to get a good start from Pole. It happens every time. I take Pole, I line up on the grid, I set off with the KERS going full blast...And the car from Slot 2 surges easily ahead. I've tried waiting to deploy the KERS, waiting to apply the throttle, nothing seems to make a difference to how well the car gets off the line.

You must be driving as Rubens :P

You must be driving as Rubens :P

lol, so that's what I've been doing wrong!

Seriously though, it happens in everything from JB's Brawn to my career BMW.

Anywho, I posted a review here
I noticed it too. I've restarted the Australian GP about 30 times now. :hehe:

I've now perfected the start.

1. Rev your engine, but release the throttle when all lights are lit up. (The lights can sometimes stay on for 5 seconds, in that case you have to gamble about another rev vs. patience)

2. When light's go green, you should still be in 1st gear. Wait one or two milliseconds before you shift up to second. The engine will over-rev for another 1 or 2 seconds.

3. The speed will build up quickly, after it hits 60. (km/h) The revs will start to level out, and you should stay in second gear. Avoid the temptation to shift up to third. :)

4. The 90's (km/h) are over in a fraction of a second. Press the KERS button at about 85 km/h. This way you will not lose your place (at least not for too long.) By the time KERS starts going (a fraction of a second response time) you're already going at 100 km/h. KERS only seems to work after 100km/h.

From there you can out-brake your oponents into the first corner. The best I've done is from 6th to first. But I can usually get up to 3rd. :wink:

Hope this helps.
I noticed it too. I've restarted the Australian GP about 30 times now. :hehe:

I've now perfected the start.

1. Rev your engine, but release the throttle when all lights are lit up. (The lights can sometimes stay on for 5 seconds, in that case you have to gamble about another rev vs. patience)

2. When light's go green, you should still be in 1st gear. Wait one or two milliseconds before you shift up to second. The engine will over-rev for another 1 or 2 seconds.

3. The speed will build up quickly, after it hits 60. (km/h) The revs will start to level out, and you should stay in second gear. Avoid the temptation to shift up to third. :)

4. The 90's (km/h) are over in a fraction of a second. Press the KERS button at about 85 km/h. This way you will not lose your place (at least not for too long.) By the time KERS starts going (a fraction of a second response time) you're already going at 100 km/h. KERS only seems to work after 100km/h.

From there you can out-brake your oponents into the first corner. The best I've done is from 6th to first. But I can usually get up to 3rd. :wink:

Hope this helps.

Cheers for that. I think the fact that the process for getting it right is so complex is kinda implicit proof that the starts are broken. I might just stick to outbraking them into Turn 1 or Turn 2 to regain the lead.
Hey, I'm really struggling to make it around Monaco. :(

The only way to race is with 100% race distance. But I can't accept the fact that my car is the only car that get's damaged at Monaco. I tried parking my car on the racing line (Like Schumi) and force other cars to crash into me, and they get no damage.

After eating up all my practice time I've taken it to Single-race with Nakajima. I start 17th and the drivers behind (Namely Piquet) keep turning me into the wall! :( I've restarted a billion times and can't make one lap without getting a damaged wing or a drive-through/stop-go penalty.

In one restart I saw Piquet just KERS past me into the 1st corner, CUT the corner and plow into Alonso ( :hehe: ) and get up into the points. he actually T-Boned his team-mate. Imagine if it happened in real-life, lol. I don't think he got a penalty, and there was no damage. Meanwhile I'm involved in the resulting pile-up and get a black-and-white flag. :(

One instance (typical Crashajima) I lose my front wing and get a mechanical black flag. I get a drive-through on the next corner for cutting a chicane. So i lose my temper and KERS into Hamilton, thus damaging my front-left wheel. Before any damage get's fixed I serve my drive-through with three-wheels. I then have to chug along with the the wheels and then get overlapped. Someone overlapping plows into me and takes out my rear wing. So three wheels and no wings.

I cut another corner and get another drive through. And then finally get black flagged. I can't retire from the race, which sucks! :(

Going good so far in Career mode. I restarted Adelaide about 50 times, but every other track I'll restart only a few times if ever.
Hey, I'm really struggling to make it around Monaco. :(

I wrecked the tyres in Monaco, and I had to get the wings repaired in both pit stops. It's a nightmare.
Monaco has always been a nightmare in racing games for players, particularly for accurate ones, its just so slow and tight that the average gamer is impatient with it.

Anyway, I asked for this game for chirstmass :)

See our F1 related articles too!