- 30 Jul 11, 11:25#268485
Bernie has sold out the british public !!!!!!! shame on you Bernie the sky deal is the lowest of the low and just goes to show what you realy think of the fans, just a way to put more money in your pocket ! 
F1 and Motorsport Forums
darren wrote:Bernie has sold out the british public !!!!!!! shame on you Bernie the sky deal is the lowest of the low and just goes to show what you realy think of the fans, just a way to put more money in your pocket !
tco wrote:I have just read in two papers thatThis to me confirms what I have been thinking all along - it is the BBC that have shot the fox here, not MrE.
a) Channel 4 offered the same mony but Bernie chose Sky
b) BBC executives took Sky reps to a meeting with Bernie.
So it would seem that another free to air broadcaster offered to take on F1 but were rebuffed.
darren wrote:Bernie has sold out the british public !!!!!!!No he didn't! The BBC have. It was them that introduced Sky to MrE and it was them who were oushing for shared coverage. The blame lies soley with the BBC and no one else.
Roonalderson wrote:Two things about that,
Best decision ever, Sky's coverage at every single sporting event is so much better than the bbc giving further insight, coverage and just an over all more enjoyable experience so i say thank you and cant wait for next year
tco wrote:BTW I have always thought since Clarkson and his ilk have taken over Top Gear, it was a children's programme. I understand that at the end of last week's show they even apologised because there was too much about cars in the show.They tend to be a bit sarcastic on Top Gear.
tco wrote:On Ben Gallop's blog ( he is head of BBC's F1 coverage under Barbara Slater) In the 4,500 odd replies on this matter, I have found ONE in support:My comment is number 4585....i have never seen so many comments that are against the decision that has been made...to me its seems most are united on the fact that this is a huge mistakeRoonalderson wrote:Two things about that,
Best decision ever, Sky's coverage at every single sporting event is so much better than the bbc giving further insight, coverage and just an over all more enjoyable experience so i say thank you and cant wait for next year
The BBC's current coverage has been almost fautless, I wonder what channe; he has been watching?
I wonder if he works for SKY?
F1IsInMyBlood wrote:I know one thing, Ben Gallop used to work for SKY before the BBC.Well doesnt that say it all
Ben Gallop is Head of Formula 1 at the BBC, taking on the role at the beginning of the 2009 season, the sport's first back on the BBC in 12 years.Taken from the BBC Press Office.
In addition he heads up the department which looks after BBC Sport's new media services. He has responsibility for bbc.co.uk/sport – which is the largest sports website in the UK, with an average weekly audience of around 10 million unique users – as well as BBC Sport's ever-popular red button, mobile and Ceefax services.
Ben is leading the BBC's Digital Olympics project, which will help scope the broadcaster's editorial and technological strategy for London 2012.
He joined the BBC in 1998, first working for BBC News before being appointed Sports Editor on the launch team for the BBC Sport website.
Before that Ben worked as a journalist for BSkyB and the Press Association, having started his career in local newspapers.

Ri21 wrote:Yep, no wonder he was keen to bring Sky to a meeting with MrE. Here's a brief biography on this Gallop plonker.F1IsInMyBlood wrote:I know one thing, Ben Gallop used to work for SKY before the BBC.Well doesnt that say it all
F1IsInMyBlood wrote:In fact here is his Biography:Ben Gallop is Head of Formula 1 at the BBC, taking on the role at the beginning of the 2009 season, the sport's first back on the BBC in 12 years.Taken from the BBC Press Office.
In addition he heads up the department which looks after BBC Sport's new media services. He has responsibility for bbc.co.uk/sport – which is the largest sports website in the UK, with an average weekly audience of around 10 million unique users – as well as BBC Sport's ever-popular red button, mobile and Ceefax services.
Ben is leading the BBC's Digital Olympics project, which will help scope the broadcaster's editorial and technological strategy for London 2012.
He joined the BBC in 1998, first working for BBC News before being appointed Sports Editor on the launch team for the BBC Sport website.
Before that Ben worked as a journalist for BSkyB and the Press Association, having started his career in local newspapers.
I get the impression F1 has been scaled back to make way for the Olympics
andrew wrote:Also appears you like to repeat points made earlier too.Ri21 wrote:Yep, no wonder he was keen to bring Sky to a meeting with MrE. Here's a brief biography on this Gallop plonker.F1IsInMyBlood wrote:I know one thing, Ben Gallop used to work for SKY before the BBC.Well doesnt that say it all
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/biogra ... llop.shtml
All this goes towards confirming what I have been saying. The BBC have screwed us in by jumping into bed with Sky and presenting MrE with a deal that was by far superior to anything else that was on offer.
I likes bein' right me.
The sad fact is everyone one that counts (by counts I mean those with the purse strings - the teams, BBC, Sky, MrE) is a winner.
McLaren Racing opened its new state-of-the-art Rac[…]
Madring was a pretty dull race. I wouldn't mi[…]
Not sure yet, but it looks that way - Kimi is on[…]
Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!