FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By andrew
Well look on the bright side, he's not been gurning about Ferrari and his inability to realise that driver 1A and 1B is just another way of saying number 1 and number 2 drivers recently. :hehe:

Unlike you who always gurns about that whenever Barrichello is mentioned! :hehe:

I will not let it rest until he gets it! :whip::hehe:

Hate to break it to you Andrew, but I don't think Barrichello reads this forum......

Yeah but someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows him might. :hehe:
By What's Burning?
I have it on good authority, that Kobayashi has recently been spamming us.
By andrew
One for 2014 but there are rumblings that Honda engineers are already working at McLaren’s Woking headquarters.
By Hammer278
I don't understand why Force India picked Sutil over Glock.

He's quicker!
By vaptin

He's quicker!

I'm not sure, Glock did fairly well, ah well, I would have taken Bianchi.
By racechick

He's quicker!

I'm not sure, Glock did fairly well, ah well, I would have taken Bianchi.

Me too :cloud9:
By Hammer278
^ Though not for the same reasons as vaptin I reckon? :hehe:
By scotty
Anybody know (or could find out) what the highest number of drivers in a team in a single season has been, ever, historically?
Just curious...

Counting the Indy 500 or not?

Maybe both, with and without for comparison.

Ok i didn't forget about this but really, couldn't be arsed to completely trawl wikipedia for certain answers (and still can't!) :hehe: I very quickly had a look at wiki just now to see though cause i was intrigued about this.

Without Indy i'd suggest 1974, that according to my very quick count had 62 drivers take part!! The last time we had more than, say, 40 drivers in one season, would be 1989 at a guess. Lots of crappy teams that never passed pre-quali that season (if you count that as 'taking part', which i did).

I didn't check the 50's but in 1960, i think the last year the 500 counted in F1, the difference is massive. I counted 90 drivers! :eek:

Note that i looked and counted ultra quick so these exact figures may not be fully correct, but whatever, you get the idea. Maybe there's a proper stats head out there that knows this for certain. Pretty crazy though. Can anyone imagine over 30 drivers per season now, let alone 40+?!? :hehe:
By darwin dali
Anybody know (or could find out) what the highest number of drivers in a team in a single season has been, ever, historically?
Just curious...

Counting the Indy 500 or not?

Maybe both, with and without for comparison.

Ok i didn't forget about this but really, couldn't be arsed to completely trawl wikipedia for certain answers (and still can't!) :hehe: I very quickly had a look at wiki just now to see though cause i was intrigued about this.

Without Indy i'd suggest 1974, that according to my very quick count had 62 drivers take part!! The last time we had more than, say, 40 drivers in one season, would be 1989 at a guess. Lots of crappy teams that never passed pre-quali that season (if you count that as 'taking part', which i did).

I didn't check the 50's but in 1960, i think the last year the 500 counted in F1, the difference is massive. I counted 90 drivers! :eek:

Note that i looked and counted ultra quick so these exact figures may not be fully correct, but whatever, you get the idea. Maybe there's a proper stats head out there that knows this for certain. Pretty crazy though. Can anyone imagine over 30 drivers per season now, let alone 40+?!? :hehe:

Ok, that's VERY interesting numbers, mind-boggling at that.
However, how does that translate to the highest number of drivers in one team in one season?
By scotty
I think Jab said Williams had 10 drivers over 2 cars in 1975. I can't be arsed to go check or look for more... but i bet that your answer would lie somewhere in the 1970's. If anyone else knows (or rather, has gone to look!) please post! :) I love knowing useless crap like this. In the UK there's this game show called Pointless where you win by knowing obscure stuff, and should i ever end up going on it i wanna win the bloody money if F1 comes up as a topic :D
By darwin dali
I think Jab said Williams had 10 drivers over 2 cars in 1975. I can't be arsed to go check or look for more... but i bet that your answer would lie somewhere in the 1970's. If anyone else knows (or rather, has gone to look!) please post! :) I love knowing useless crap like this. In the UK there's this game show called Pointless where you win by knowing obscure stuff, and should i ever end up going on it i wanna win the bloody money if F1 comes up as a topic :D

That's the spirit :thumbup:
By Ferrari man 009
In the UK there's this game show called Pointless where you win by knowing obscure stuff, and should i ever end up going on it i wanna win the bloody money if F1 comes up as a topic :D

You would win that easy, I watched the one when they did Monaco GP winners the other week and none of the 100 knew Gilles Villenuve won it. I guessed Patrese as it was obscure but was shocked to see Villenuve was pointless!
By LewEngBridewell
In the UK there's this game show called Pointless where you win by knowing obscure stuff, and should i ever end up going on it i wanna win the bloody money if F1 comes up as a topic :D

You would win that easy, I watched the one when they did Monaco GP winners the other week and none of the 100 knew Gilles Villenuve won it. I guessed Patrese as it was obscure but was shocked to see Villenuve was pointless!

Villeneuve :eek:

Ahhh how times have changed. Shows how unglamorously his career ended up after 1997 :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!