FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By myownalias
This is another reason why teams should be able to afford to field two salaried drivers to compete in F1, that salary can be $1 as far as I am concerned; but this pay driver situation is something that needs to stop. This is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsport, not a pay drive league, if you can't afford to be in F1, get the :censored: out!

What happened if Bianchi funding dries up after three or six races, will they drop him and look for someone else, where does it stop?
By scotty
I think the Bianchi funding comes in the form of cheaper Ferrari engines for 2014 and possibly beyond. I do agree that this sort of thing is farcical for the supposed 'pinnacle' of motorsport, but at the same time i think we've been spoiled in recent years by manufacturer involvement and their happiness in paying the best drivers available to be part of their team. Now it's gone and driver sponsorship has an increased importance. Happens in all racing categories.
By myownalias
I think the Bianchi funding comes in the form of cheaper Ferrari engines for 2014 and possibly beyond. I do agree that this sort of thing is farcical for the supposed 'pinnacle' of motorsport, but at the same time i think we've been spoiled in recent years by manufacturer involvement and their happiness in paying the best drivers available to be part of their team. Now it's gone and driver sponsorship has an increased importance. Happens in all racing categories.

It may happen in all levels of motorsport; but if a team cant afford to compete in F1; stay away or race in a cheaper formula! I know I can't afford Harrods prices, so I stay out of Harrods!
By vaptin

It may happen in all levels of motorsport; but if a team cant afford to compete in F1; stay away or race in a cheaper formula! I know I can't afford Harrods prices, so I stay out of Harrods!

Problem is if Harrods get no other customers,.

----

Ferrari are probably paying for Binachi, they are doing that because they have faith in him as a racing driver for racing driver purposes.

Binachi has proven talent too.
By myownalias
Wasn't schumacher and alonso pay drivers for their 1st season

Not sure about Alonso but Schumacher was backed by Mercedes when he got his drive for Jordan F1, the driver is not the issue, the issue is that teams have to rely on pay drivers to go racing; F1 is an expensive sport, a team has a responsibility to make sure they have sufficient funds to complete a season without chopping and changing pay drivers!
By bud
You could have this argument all the way down to Karting. Who ever has the most money best sponsorship makes it in Motorsport, not always the best talent.
By darwin dali
Anybody know (or could find out) what the highest number of drivers in a team in a single season has been, ever, historically?
Just curious...
By myownalias
You could have this argument all the way down to Karting. Who ever has the most money best sponsorship makes it in Motorsport, not always the best talent.

Yes, but this shouldn't even be an issue at the highest echelons of motorsport!
By scotty
Anybody know (or could find out) what the highest number of drivers in a team in a single season has been, ever, historically?
Just curious...

Counting the Indy 500 or not?
By darwin dali
Just curious...

Counting the Indy 500 or not?

Maybe both, with and without for comparison.
By bud
In recent years Ferrari comes to mind with Massa's injury following Badoer and Fisichella making 4 drivers for 2009. No doubt back in the day there's been a lot more!

See our F1 related articles too!