FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By scotty
Other big rumour is that Bianchi will get the seat so that Marussia get Ferrari engines next season.
By spankyham
In my view, I think Kovalainen would be better off sitting out this season or racing elsewhere, a season in an even lesser car than last season will do even more damage!

There are cars significantly lesser than Caterham?!?! :eek:
By Denthúl
In my view, I think Kovalainen would be better off sitting out this season or racing elsewhere, a season in an even lesser car than last season will do even more damage!

I actually think Marussia have the better car at the moment. :hehe:
By LewEngBridewell

Testing would indeed seem to suggest that. :yes:
By myownalias

Pre-season testing means very little... I say that Marussia are a lesser team, given that they have finished behind Caterham for the last three seasons, but in reality, they are both poor!
By LewEngBridewell

Pre-season testing means very little... I say that Marussia are a lesser team, given that they have finished behind Caterham for the last three seasons, but in reality, they are both poor!

Not just behind Caterham, but behind HRT as well in previous years!
By myownalias
I didn't mention HRT because they are no longer in existence, but that just makes my comments about Kovalainen even more relevant!
By andrew
I bet no one missed it, we just didn't want to break the pun chain. Congrats Andrew, you ruined it for everyone! :hehe:

I did too make a pun!

Naughty Scotty. :whip::hehe:
By scotty
Formula 1 - Bianchi brought in as Marussia axe Razia
Frenchman Jules Bianchi will race for Marussia in Formula One this season after the Russian-licensed team said in a statement on Friday they had terminated the contract of Brazilian Luiz Razia.

Bianchi, 23, was Force India reserve last season.

The Frenchman will test for the team at Barcelona on Saturday and then complete half a day of running on Sunday, and pending final signature on his deal will make his debut in the Australian Grand Prix later this month.

Marussia team boss John Booth said the squad had to drop Razia having previously released Timo Glock in order to secure its financial future.

AUTOSPORT revealed earlier on Friday that Bianchi would replace Razia for the 2013 Formula 1 season as the Brazilian's backers had missed the deadline for a second payment.

The team had parted with the salaried Glock in January because it needed drivers who could bring funding this season.

"We have found ourselves in a situation where we have had to terminate our contract with Luiz Razia," said Booth.

"Having made clear the basis on which we must operate in 2013, and given the steps we had taken to put that new structure in place, we had no alternative but to remain true to the principles which we had identified as being key to securing our long-term future."

Booth added that he was delighted to be able to secure a replacement of Ferrari protege and 2012 Formula Renault 3.5 runner-up Bianchi.

"Jules is a proven talent who is highly regarded within the paddock," said Booth.

"He has been on a clear trajectory towards Formula 1 and has achieved some impressive performances through the various feeder formulas, notably his 2012 season in Formula Renault 3.5 when he was also reserve driver for Force India.

"He is part of the Ferrari Driver Academy and his obvious pedigree put him on the radar for a number of teams over the winter as a driver ready to step up to Formula 1."

Bianchi was in a head to head with Adrian Sutil for the second Force India driver until the team opted for the German this week.
By vaptin
Bianchi's a fair driver, should have had the Force India seat,

Marussia seem to love French drivers, only for one season though, they don't do long term seemingly, but Binachi I think will deserve far more than 1 season in f1.
By scotty
Marrussia-Ferrari for 2014 anyone?

See my post at the top of the page :P

See our F1 related articles too!