FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Yep it was really childish of Lewis to let his car set on fire, to have his brakes explode/ glaze/ pack in, his car stop, his bottom burn, to not wave his main competitor through, to race from the back of the grid twice to a podium, to defend against Rosberg and to overtake Rosberg. Pretty damn spoilt and bratish of him :rolleyes: He should be more like Alonso. Alonso would never act like a spoilt brat and throw his toys out of the pram if say for example a rookie were quicker than him in the same car.

I'm not talking about Hamilton's driving, im talking about how he has dealt with some of them, such as his "hes not my friend anymore" outburst at Monaco...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQOH2UAaM4c

But the problem with a lot of Hamilton fans, is that its impossible for him to do anything wrong.

And Alonso did act like a spoilt brat in 2007 and deserved what he got that year. Last year he also threw his toys out of his pram and got a massive slap on the wrist from Luca Di Montezemelo. He was wrong and has learnt. Hamilton is a fast driver and a great racer, but he doesn't handle bad situations well off track. Even when leading this race he has been on the radio moaning because he has a little bit of balance issues, when leading by 20+ seconds - sorry but I have NO sympathy!

My point is that considering the car the two have, their squabbling at times is disappointing especially considering everyone else on the grid would give limbs to get a seat in that Mercedes this year.

Whatever Rosberg did or didnt do at Spa, Hamilton discussing details of a PRIVATE team debrief with the press was unprofessional. If Mercedes wanted the world to know what was said they would have broadcast it live on TV.
Yep it was really childish of Lewis to let his car set on fire, to have his brakes explode/ glaze/ pack in, his car stop, his bottom burn, to not wave his main competitor through, to race from the back of the grid twice to a podium, to defend against Rosberg and to overtake Rosberg. Pretty damn spoilt and bratish of him :rolleyes: He should be more like Alonso. Alonso would never act like a spoilt brat and throw his toys out of the pram if say for example a rookie were quicker than him in the same car.

Wiki haven't documented this year yet so it's hard for some supporters of certain teams to know what happened this year

I'm not talking about Hamilton's driving, im talking about how he has dealt with some of them, such as his "hes not my friend anymore" outburst at Monaco...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQOH2UAaM4c

But the problem with a lot of Hamilton fans, is that its impossible for him to do anything wrong.

And Alonso did act like a spoilt brat in 2007 and deserved what he got that year. Last year he also threw his toys out of his pram and got a massive slap on the wrist from Luca Di Montezemelo. He was wrong and has learnt. Hamilton is a fast driver and a great racer, but he doesn't handle bad situations well off track. Even when leading this race he has been on the radio moaning because he has a little bit of balance issues, when leading by 20+ seconds - sorry but I have NO sympathy!

My point is that considering the car the two have, their squabbling at times is disappointing especially considering everyone else on the grid would give limbs to get a seat in that Mercedes this year.

Whatever Rosberg did or didnt do at Spa, Hamilton discussing details of a PRIVATE team debrief with the press was unprofessional. If Mercedes wanted the world to know what was said they would have broadcast it live on TV.

What Nico did was unprofessional I'd say, pot calling the kettle black i'd say. The problem with folks that go out on a limb to point out anything Hamilton says and does as being bad is that is comes off a bit sour grape jelly. He said publicly what Nico didn't have the balls to say publicly and worse blamed the "British" fans for being whiners. He chose to hit his teammate when he stated that he could have it he wished, avoided the contact but wanted to prove a point. He was made to apologize by the team, he wasn't penalized for what was clearly avoidable contact but it's Lewis that comes off as being whine in your book because he said something public to the press? :rolleyes: He left Spa 29 points ahead instead of 4 points ahead, but that Hamilton, he's such a prick, he's a good driver though, but such a whiner, remember when he tweeted out the wing data data in 2012, what a whiner, it wasn't his team purposely screwing him after all, why would a team do that? Oh wait it turns out the team did purposely screwed him to prove a point during the contract re-negotiations. Remind me again of the two, which driver has cause to complain about the events of the season? No, I guess you're right they're both been equally bad.

I must be really dry in Ferrariland indeed.
:rofl:

Alonso discussing details of a STOLEN Ferrari dossier he PERSONALLY gained from without the full knowledge of McLaren management was not unprofessional, nah - it was just acting like a spoilt brat - like Nico and lewis this season!!!!

And Alonso calling in FIA stewards INTO the McLaren garage to check his (UNPROVEN) claims that the team were tampering with his tyre pressures was just a bit silly - not unprofessional, like Lewis actually leaking something from a (shock horror) team briefing

And Alonso blackmailing Ron to underfuel/sabotage the rookies car or he would snitch to the FIA was not unprofessional, just some high jinks :rofl:

But Alonso acting like a baby in 2007 and in 2013 is ok as he has now learnt
Alonso did act like a spoilt brat in 2007

Last year he also threw his toys out of his pram

He was wrong and has learnt

whereas Lewis just cant :rofl:
Hamilton discussing details of a PRIVATE team debrief with the press was unprofessional

Hamilton is a fast driver and a great racer, but he doesn't handle bad situations well off track

Must be fun to watch a series that you dont actually watch because 2 drivers you like dont win each race despite getting a free head start over the others :D
Alonso discussing details of a STOLEN Ferrari dossier he PERSONALLY gained from without the full knowledge of McLaren management was not unprofessional, nah - it was just acting like a spoilt brat - like Nico and lewis this season!!!!

And Alonso calling in FIA stewards INTO the McLaren garage to check his (UNPROVEN) claims that the team were tampering with his tyre pressures was just a bit silly - not unprofessional, like Lewis actually leaking something from a (shock horror) team briefing

Yes he was unprofessional on both occasions - I never said he wasnt. Alonso behaved like a spoilt brat that season but it is the ONLY time he has fallen out with a team mate

And Alonso blackmailing Ron to underfuel/sabotage the rookies car or he would snitch to the FIA was not unprofessional, just some high jinks :rofl:

But Alonso acting like a baby in 2007 and in 2013 is ok as he has now learnt whereas Lewis just cant :rofl:

Lewis has shown NO evidence of learning lessons from his outbursts. Alonso after his chat with LDM publicly apologised to everyone at Ferrari for his comments. Hamilton gets moody whenever something doesn't go his way.

Must be fun to watch a series that you dont actually watch because 2 drivers you like dont win each race despite getting a free head start over the others :D

Another way of looking at it, Hamilton's team mates since 2007:

Alonso - Fell out with
Kovalainen - He thrashed HK so no reason to be upset with him.
Button - Fell out with the team rather than Button.
Rosberg (a guy he had been friends with since his karting days) - Fell out with him.

Seems a recurring theme that Hamilton falls out with team mates who give him a run for his money. While it is NOT all Hamilton's fault he equally is NOT blameless. He has to take his share of responsibility. Problem is his supporters see him as an angel who does nothing wrong!

Alonso has had his faults but he has learnt. He hasn't got involved in mind games with Raikkonen, he has just got on with his job and beaten Raikkonen.

If Hamilton is to win the title, he has to focus less on Rosberg and more on himself.

Alonso - Fell out with
Rosberg (a guy he had been friends with since his karting days) - Fell out with him.

Seems a recurring theme that Hamilton falls out with team mates who give him a run for his money. While it is NOT all Hamilton's fault he equally is NOT blameless. He has to take his share of responsibility. Problem is his supporters see him as an angel who does nothing wrong!

Alonso has had his faults but he has learnt. He hasn't got involved in mind games with Raikkonen, he has just got on with his job and beaten Raikkonen.

If Hamilton is to win the title, he has to focus less on Rosberg and more on himself.

Another way to look at it, alonsos teams since 2006:
Renault - Fell out with, publically accused them of sabotage and left under a cloud, beneficiary of MASSDAMPERGATE
McLaren - Fell out with, publically accused them of sabotage, blackmailed them, beneficiary of SPYGATE visibly destroyed by a rookie, used stolen data, snitched, demanded his rookie teammates car be SABOTAGED to save Alonso some face in public
Renault - Fell out with, was the beneficiary of CRASHGATE, cost them reputation, forced Renault out of F1
Ferrari - bad mouths in public, calls them stupid in public, struggled to pass a rookie in final race and cost the team a title, destroyed the team management structure with sneaky politics, destroyed his own teammates career,beneficiary of FIFTYGATE, demanding 50mill to stay

Alonso has had his faults but he has learnt.

sure he has - an by coincidence, in the last few weeks was it? :rofl::rofl:

lets do the teammates

McLaren - fell out with Lewis, mentally destroyed by a rookie, fled with tail between legs
Renault - almost had Piquet killed for a few points
Ferrari - almost had Massa in a mental home for a couple of meaningless grid spots
Ferrari - He thrashed KR so no reason to be upset with him.
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 04 Sep 14, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
Ferrari - almost had Massa in a mental home for a couple of meaningless grid spots

Killed? Piquet spun into the wall at about 20mph - I dont think his life was in danger :rofl::rofl::rofl: (and that wasnt FA, it was Briatore and Symonds, Alonso was no part in the plans although it was possible he was aware)

As for Massa, it was team play to help Alonso win the WDC, any team with brains would have done the same. Massa played the team game and Alonso respected him a lot for it.

Alonso is not perfect, I know that and i've admitted that. But do you (and racechick, whats burning etc) believe Hamilton is perfect? That he has no faults whatsoever?

Alonso is not perfect, I know that and i've admitted that. But do you (and racechick, whats burning etc) believe Hamilton is perfect? That he has no faults whatsoever?

Ofcourse not, that would be as silly as blindly worshipping one team and only their drivers and having no interest in who wins the title if they are not competitive. I mean how ridiculous would that be - like saying 'I know the earth is round because of the scientific evidence but I have no interest in that at all, I am only interested in the idea that it is flat because my team, whom I am loyally faithful to say it is flat'

I mean, no one is that dumb are they?

Ofcourse not, that would be as silly as blindly worshipping one team and only their drivers and having no interest in who wins the title if they are not competitive. I mean how ridiculous would that be - like saying 'I know the earth is round because of the scientific evidence but I have no interest in that at all, I am only interested in the idea that it is flat because my team, whom I am loyally faithful to say it is flat'

I mean, no one is that dumb are they?

So, I can't support my team when they aren't doing well? That is the definition of a supporter. Someone who supports through THICK AND THIN!

Someone who supports someone just because they are winning and changes teams/drivers when they stop winning is a glory hunter. I am not one of those and i'll support Ferrari and their drivers whether they are 1st or 21st!

Anyway, I notice you avoided my question. Do you believe Hamilton is perfect? That he has no faults whatsoever?
See that's the misconception, that's what the layman thinks about the Tifosi, they believe Ferrari is perfect. We know it may not be the case. You obviously haven't gone around here and seen the comments RC, Myself, Cookin' and even Hammer have made about Lewis. We're his worst critict... but a las what we want it fairness.

Does he get it? Well, ask yourself this. you claim they're the same, when Lewis has had the issued he's had to overcome, and he bothers you because he said something to the media that should have been private. I wonder what Nico, (the guys that blames British fans one the podium) would be saying if he'd had the qualifying issues, the car burning, the brakes exploding and then being taken out by Lewis on the second lap costing him the race. What do you think he may have said?

But it's your prerogative to dislike the guy. I respect that.
I am not one of those and i'll support Ferrari and their drivers whether they are 1st or 21st!

Anyway, I notice you avoided my question. Do you believe Hamilton is perfect? That he has no faults whatsoever?

No one is perfect, including lewis. You just said yu will support Ferrari - and any driver as long as he drives for them. do you not see how this is like the analogy of supporting the notion that the Erath is flat just because the team you support says so.
So you will watch F1 races but will not appreciate good drivers UNLESS they drive for a certain team?? - thats like ignoring the facts about the Earths curvature and sticking to the flat notion. If you said you wont watch F1 at all if your team are sh!t thats one thing, but to watch F1 yet refuse to appreciate the title competion and focus on only 2 guys ONLY because they drive for a team is pushing infantileism to its extreme. F1 is about drivers racing, not about bloind acceptance of a team and its decisions

This is why the Tifosi and Ferrari are stuck in a long gone age of primitivism. Enzo for example refused to employ no Italian drivers till he realised that their deaths was harder to get over than foreigners, and so he statrted employing foreign drivers and encouraging them to fight literally to the death on track by playing them against each other

Luca tried to employ only Italian staff and ran into problems they are still trying to fix

There is no place in F1 for blind worship when there are so many performance metrics available, so we dont think any driver is perfect we just want fair competition and have all favoured the one we think is the best unwaveringly since 2007. This is different from blind worship of any tom sausage and harry that happens to drive a red car

Its plain dumb, just like the notion of flag waving, face painting fans who dont care for evidence and dont watch the race for anything other than a chance to wave flags and worship blindly

Alonso - Fell out with

Another way to look at it, alonsos teams since 2006:
Renault - Fell out with, publically accused them of sabotage and left under a cloud, beneficiary of MASSDAMPERGATE
McLaren - Fell out with, publically accused them of sabotage, blackmailed them, beneficiary of SPYGATE visibly destroyed by a rookie, used stolen data, snitched, demanded his rookie teammates car be SABOTAGED to save Alonso some face in public
Renault - Fell out with, was the beneficiary of CRASHGATE, cost them reputation, forced Renault out of F1
Ferrari - bad mouths in public, calls them stupid in public, struggled to pass a rookie in final race and cost the team a title, destroyed the team management structure with sneaky politics, destroyed his own teammates career,beneficiary of FIFTYGATE, demanding 50mill to stay

Alonso has had his faults but he has learnt.

sure he has - an by coincidence, in the last few weeks was it? :rofl::rofl:

lets do the teammates

McLaren - fell out with Lewis, mentally destroyed by a rookie, fled with tail between legs

Had a baby Cow'n'gate

Sent using NCC-1701
I am not one of those and i'll support Ferrari and their drivers whether they are 1st or 21st!

No one is perfect, including lewis. You just said yu will support Ferrari - and any driver as long as he drives for them. do you not see how this is like the analogy of supporting the notion that the Erath is flat just because the team you support says so.
So you will watch F1 races but will not appreciate good drivers UNLESS they drive for a certain team?? - thats like ignoring the facts about the Earths curvature and sticking to the flat notion. If you said you wont watch F1 at all if your team are sh!t thats one thing, but to watch F1 yet refuse to appreciate the title competion and focus on only 2 guys ONLY because they drive for a team is pushing infantileism to its extreme. F1 is about drivers racing, not about bloind acceptance of a team and its decisions

This is why the Tifosi and Ferrari are stuck in a long gone age of primitivism. Enzo for example refused to employ no Italian drivers till he realised that their deaths was harder to get over than foreigners, and so he statrted employing foreign drivers and encouraging them to fight literally to the death on track by playing them against each other

Luca tried to employ only Italian staff and ran into problems they are still trying to fix

There is no place in F1 for blind worship when there are so many performance metrics available, so we dont think any driver is perfect we just want fair competition and have all favoured the one we think is the best unwaveringly since 2007. This is different from blind worship of any tom sausage and harry that happens to drive a red car

Its plain dumb, just like the notion of flag waving, face painting fans who dont care for evidence and dont watch the race for anything other than a chance to wave flags and worship blindly

You're putting words in to my mouth now. NEVER have I said I don't appreciate Lewis' skill, he is one of the best DRIVERS on the grid. What I don't like is his constant whining when things don't go 100% his way. What I want to see is a fair and entertaining fight not a soap opera (which is what the last 2 races have been from Mercedes). As for who wins? I don't care in the sense it makes no difference to me. All I want to see is it done fairly. Hamilton has had some bad luck but even when he wins he moans the whole time (China he was 20-30 seconds clear and was complaining about his car ffs).

The FIA have deemed Spa a racing incident, most of the drivers have said that there is no chance Rosberg deliberately did what he did and still Lewis is sniping in the press conference because the stewards didnt do anything. In the same way they did nothing when Alonso locked up and hit Vettel on the last lap - which was also a racing incident.

But yeah, because I support Ferrari I obviously think the Earth is flat....

And just so you know, I do appreciate other drivers, I have said and voted in the poll that Ricciardo has been the best driver this season (Yes, the Red Bull driver of you know... the team that has been Ferrari's main rival for the last 4 years). Hamilton has NOT been the best driver this season, the points difference is purely a little bit more bad luck than Rosberg - otherwise Hamilton would only be marginally ahead (Hamilton 5 wins vs Rosberg 4 wins).

I appreciate racing, and as a RACER Hamilton is very good, but so is Rosberg. It's Hamiltons "world is against me" attitude he has had for the last 3-4 years that I don't like.

See our F1 related articles too!