FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Interesting. Dennis doesn't have full control of his team as the board doesn't trust him make driver decisions. I wonder what other decisions Dennis has to defer to the board?

I bet the micro manager doesn't like being micro managed!

OB Are you saying words again in the hopes that some of them may make sense?
Ironically, it is now Lewis who is at the center of all this. The only thing not sorted is Lewis' contract extension at Merc. And the delay by Mclaren coincides exactly with the postponement of Merc contract talks

It was meant to be right after the last race, Mclaren said their decision would come by December, then Lewis said he was in no hurry to discuss terms, and Mclaren delayed their announcement, they are gonna hold on till the last moment, maybe its Alonso and maybe its Ron, but someone refuses to give up on the possibility of Lewis not extending at Merc

Maybe Ron is keeping Button, Mags and Alonso dangling till he is convinced Lewis aint returning in 2016 - would make sense considering how much it has cost Ron so far to reslise his dreams of Lewis being recognised as the biggest star ever in F1 - a Ron success story he would hate to throw away

Interesting situation, yet Alonso and Mags dont seem concerned at all

I'm not so sure Uncle Ron has clear vision here. Lewis will re-sign with Mercedes. He knows it's his best hope of racking up a few more WDCs before he feels he needs a new challenge. McLaren Honda is the great unknown, a dark pit he will not dive head first into without some sense for what is down below. Ron is just holding onto the mystique of the McLaren name to jettison our Lewis back to Woking's bosom. It's gonna take a whole lot more than that. And you just have to pay close attention to how Lewis has jelled with the Mercedes honchos and his side of the garage. It's true what he has repeatedly said. Mercedes is his home...meaning, for the foreseeable future (not until 2016).

Such fun!
I just dontbthinkRon yeti as the power to d exactly what he wants, so rather than agree to something he doesn't want (Button ) he stalls. It's sounds to me like he's working overtime behind the scenes to get complete power back, but it's taking time.

Regarding Lewis' contract, he's gonna sign for Merc no doubt about it, and Ron and alonso must know that. I don't think that's the delay.
I read something lewis said about his contract can't remember where , BBC I think. And like second coming says, Lewis is loving it at Merc.

Here's a paraphrase of what I remember reading.
' I meant to sort my contact out straight after the season finished but I just haven't found time. I'm doing it all myself this time and Im not a business man, but I don't forsee any problems. I'm happy with my contract, I just want to think of little things, like is there any way I can help Mercedes more. I have a lot of followers , is there anyway that can be utilised. I want to do more to help.
There's a big difference between a two time WDC and a three time WDC, it's what Alonso has been chasing all this time. Should 2015 be more of the same as 2014, then Lewis will have a lot more say and people will say more about him. Personally, there's no need to rush into anything right now, and Mercedes are in the cat bird seat, and may be there for quite some time.

Ideally, Lewis signs for Auto Union in 2017 and wins a title with yet another team, ending his career there. Ohhhhhh... we've got a special room to discuss this topic with lots of words now. :cloud9:
No that's not the end WB. 2015 , 16 and17 with Merc ( don't think either would sign for less) , then 2018 maybe 19 too with Auto union. Then back to McLaren for two more. Thus usurping Schumacher As the most championship winning driver, and all done in style fighting team mates all the way. And then he claims that orange car off Ron for winning three for McLaren and he drives off into the sunset in it to go do good things.
Jenson does not need to walk, his contract ends December, 31, so he needs to do nothing. It's McLaren/RD that will be the bad guy, the ball is in their court, they could have told JB that his services are no longer required months back as it's clear that Alonso had signed for McLaren. This whole bulls*** of blaming JB for the situation is stupid, as he is still an employee until the end of 2014, it''s upto McLaren to terminate because if JB did so, he would be in breach of his contract.

ok, like I said, a possible answer could be that someone at the team is blaming him and this is the payback, instead of say its a stupid suggestion, show why it is stupid, or tell us what you think is the cause for this humiliation of Button.

I have to agree with you, MOA!!
It's tiresome reading how everything at McLaren is Button's "fault",
when, in fact, he's only one piece of the puzzle called "TEAM"!!

As usual you dont have any clue about what you post, you are not agreeing with MOA - you are actually agreeing that its the team to blame, well that team has been sacked except Jenson - therefore you have ignorantly contradicted yourself and are suggesting Jensons team, who have been sacked are at fault - thereby agreeing that Jensons humiliation is payback for the failure.

but you wont understand this
No that's not the end WB. 2015 , 16 and17 with Merc ( don't think either would sign for less) , then 2018 maybe 19 too with Auto union. Then back to McLaren for two more. Thus usurping Schumacher As the most championship winning driver, and all done in style fighting team mates all the way. And then he claims that orange car off Ron for winning three for McLaren and he drives off into the sunset in it to go do good things.

Now you're sounding like Sagi.
Interesting. Dennis doesn't have full control of his team as the board doesn't trust him make driver decisions. I wonder what other decisions Dennis has to defer to the board?

I think they just don't understand that words carry meanings outside their fantasy world where anything goes. I mean how can Ron be micro managed at a quarterly board meeting? Micro managing is the real world is Ron standing at Ericks back telling him how to do, a board decision made by members of which Ron is the chairman is some how the board standing at his shoulder?

Maybe he meant macro manage but that wouldn't be accurate either, maybe he just meant to put Ron down and got confused

Oh well, another mea culpa for the expertz
Jenson does not need to walk, his contract ends December, 31, so he needs to do nothing. It's McLaren/RD that will be the bad guy, the ball is in their court, they could have told JB that his services are no longer required months back as it's clear that Alonso had signed for McLaren. This whole bulls*** of blaming JB for the situation is stupid, as he is still an employee until the end of 2014, it''s upto McLaren to terminate because if JB did so, he would be in breach of his contract.

ok, like I said, a possible answer could be that someone at the team is blaming him and this is the payback, instead of say its a stupid suggestion, show why it is stupid, or tell us what you think is the cause for this humiliation of Button.

I'm talking about the culture of blaming button for not voluntarily walking. McLaren's internal dealings are clearly in disarray, every decision made by committee, RD being the figurehead, like the Queen. I'm pretty sure that RD wants to keep Magnussen, but it seems that there are some within the board that want to keep Button, hence the deadlock. If McLaren don''t make a decision soon, they may end up losing both drivers as I am sure KM is as p***ed off about the situation as JB.
That's not a bad idea Ferrariman. Button can bring the points home if not fight at the pointy end and Ferrari aren't ready to fight at the pointyend

I think they just don't understand that words carry meanings outside their fantasy world where anything goes. I mean how can Ron be micro managed at a quarterly board meeting? Micro managing is the real world is Ron standing at Ericks back telling him how to do, a board decision made by members of which Ron is the chairman is some how the board standing at his shoulder?

Maybe he meant macro manage but that wouldn't be accurate either, maybe he just meant to put Ron down and got confused

Cooking, boards micromanage. And they don't do it by standing over your shoulder. Getting involved in the decision making that they have hired the executive to make or requiring frequent reports and audits scrutinizing the accounting.

Usually the reason for not letting your executive make decisions and increasing oversight is lack of confidence.

http://www.jcamp180.org/knowledge-cente ... -isnt.aspx
You mean that's why Ferrari has changed their leadership like underwear this season? There's something to be said for prudence and not rushing to judgement and not making a mistake by hiring a guy that's been spanked by a virtual rookie and paying him 50 million a year to drive around and get worse results than the guy they just lost whom they were paying 22 million a year.

Cooking, boards micromanage. And they don't do it by standing over your shoulder. Getting involved in the decision making that they have hired the executive to make or requiring frequent reports and audits scrutinizing the accounting.

Usually the reason for not letting your executive make decisions and increasing oversight is lack of confidence.

http://www.jcamp180.org/knowledge-cente ... -isnt.aspx

:doh: requiring reports and audits is not the context here - the context here is a board meeting therefore your claim of Ron being micro managed is :bs:
That's not a bad idea Ferrariman. Button can bring the points home if not fight at the pointy end and Ferrari aren't ready to fight at the pointyend

I'm sure Button could easily get 25 million from Ferrari!

See our F1 related articles too!