FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By bud
So it has more of a right to be called racing than F1.

I hate the argument that NASCAR has more passing. its a totally different technique passing on an oval than it is passing on a circuit. Basically they dont nor rarely brake, so a "pass" in NASCAR is really a drag race. Totally different to trying to outbrake a car into a corner.
By headless
So it has more of a right to be called racing than F1.

I hate the argument that NASCAR has more passing. its a totally different technique passing on an oval than it is passing on a circuit. Basically they dont nor rarely brake, so a "pass" in NASCAR is really a drag race. Totally different to trying to outbrake a car into a corner.

Aye but I'm thinking from an unbiased point of view.
I get a lot of stick from family and friends saying I am sad an F1 is boring
By scotty
NASCAR is brilliant i think, completely underrated, but so many people automatically write it off as 'driving round in circles'. Idiots.

Why do you like it?

I appreciate the driving and tactics associated with oval racing, the cars are nuts and the action is good! There's more to it than meets the eye i think.

The only thing i don't like is the occasional dodgy safefy cars...
By suitcase
NASCAR is brilliant i think, completely underrated, but so many people automatically write it off as 'driving round in circles'. Idiots.

Why do you like it?

I appreciate the driving and tactics associated with oval racing, the cars are nuts and the action is good! There's more to it than meets the eye i think.

The only thing i don't like is the occasional dodgy safefy cars...

I'm not a fan of it but I do agree with your statement before - people need to actually watch it before they judge it.
By bud
well ive watched plenty of NASCAR and yeah still doesnt do much for me.
By suitcase
well ive watched plenty of NASCAR and yeah still doesnt do much for me.

Same here :P
By kneeby
Been to two Nascar events both Pepsi400 at Daytona, always arrange to go to Florida on holiday at that time, anyway granted it has the image of being boring but being there is awsome, the noise of 30+ cars flying past you close up is exhalirating. The whole event feels special, the fans are very loyal to there teams, and there is a lot of abuse being thrown about to drivers not from the 'south' all good fun.

F1 should take note of how fan friendly NASCAR is, we walked round the pits (no passes needed) managed to get a couple of drivers autographs, the exhabition stands that follow the series are unreal, last time i got free chewing tobacco!!!! and best of all beer comes to you on your seat!!!!!!!
By darwin dali
Been to two Nascar events both Pepsi400 at Daytona, always arrange to go to Florida on holiday at that time, anyway granted it has the image of being boring but being there is awsome, the noise of 30+ cars flying past you close up is exhalirating. The whole event feels special, the fans are very loyal to there teams, and there is a lot of abuse being thrown about to drivers not from the 'south' all good fun.

F1 should take note of how fan friendly NASCAR is, we walked round the pits (no passes needed) managed to get a couple of drivers autographs, the exhabition stands that follow the series are unreal, last time i got free chewing tobacco!!!! and best of all beer comes to you on your seat!!!!!!!

Beer? You call that beer? :hurl:
By kneeby

Bud Light goes down like a dream :drink: ....wish we had it here in the UK
By darwin dali

That's so disgustingly classless of you 8-):P
By bud

I noticed that they love Bud in Scotland, surely they have Bud light in the UK?
By Gaz

Yeah its everywhere. Its all you can buy at Old Trafford for example.
By headless

That place that the team that lost to Leeds play?
By kneeby

honest? tranmere only sell carlsberg which is pish, i have looked all over for bud light cant find it anyway, can get coors light but no bud light!
By suitcase

Tobacco :vomit:
Beer :vomit:
But yeah, NASCAR is fan friendly.

See our F1 related articles too!