FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
If you have over a million stuck in assets, does it count. Because then it's pretty easy I think.

To be liquid though.....:scratchchin: geets startup business is the most promising thing I've heard from the forum so far.

Pretty much anyone that owns a reasonable home probably has a mil there, so perhaps its more meaningful if you have a mil in cash.

What kind of houses do you live in?!?

They're ok
Don't most houses in prime areas cost almost a million anyway...no matter how sh!tty they are? I heard in London you'd be lucky to get a 6 figure (decent to live in) landed property.

In a lot of cases they don't even have to be prime locations to be worth a mil. In Australia a prime house and lot is a multi million dollar proposition.
Don't most houses in prime areas cost almost a million anyway...no matter how sh!tty they are? I heard in London you'd be lucky to get a 6 figure (decent to live in) landed property.

In a lot of cases they don't even have to be prime locations to be worth a mil. In Australia a prime house and lot is a multi million dollar proposition.

No of course not....a freaking castle in the middle of nowhere can cost sky high. My point being residence properties in prime areas of major cities are easily 7 figure now. And for some reason I thought you lived in UK....Australia is still quite reasonable in comparison.
...Which is why I rent...and choose not to live in units I own. It's just rent and utilities, landlord takes care of the rest.

I learned very fast how bad residential tenants can suck and how, just as you say, in residential, the owner pays for everything. Stick with commercial for your real estate investments. Anything else is stupid IMO.

However, if you're living in a property but own a few others which will nett you over a mill if you dispose of them, those count as assets.

Meh. Maybe if it's netting that at above gearing. Too easy otherwise.

No of course not....a freaking castle in the middle of nowhere can cost sky high. My point being residence properties in prime areas of major cities are easily 7 figure now. And for some reason I thought you lived in UK....Australia is still quite reasonable in comparison.

I spend most of my time in the Philippines
...Which is why I rent...and choose not to live in units I own. It's just rent and utilities, landlord takes care of the rest.

I learned very fast how bad residential tenants can suck and how, just as you say, in residential, the owner pays for everything. Stick with commercial for your real estate. Anything else is stupid IMO.

However, if you're living in a property but own a few others which will nett you over a mill if you dispose of them, those count as assets.

Meh. Maybe if it's netting that at above gearing. Too easy otherwise.

I only go for serviced apartments (commercial land) and tenants are companies. I've heard enough horror stories to not go for any tom/d!ck/harry. My old man went through a mess, some d!ckface had rented his corner lot, stole electricity, thrashed the place and left without warning and paying the last 4 months rent. :yikes:

And yeah, I mean your returns after subtracting any loans in the props of course
... residence properties in prime areas of major cities are easily 7 figure now...

Not in T.O.! You can find some great homes with decent-sized lots in the mid- to high- 6-figure range!
My sister does property rentals as well as being a dance teacher with dance studios. I've lost count of how many houses she has now. She rents to the bottom end of the market. Buys cheap( repossessions or houses that banks won't lend a mortgage on) then her bloke renovates them. She does them nicely, a simple formula for them all. Sometimes she sells them on, generally rents. The problem now is that housing benefit, that used to go direct to the landlord, now goes to the tenant, so in some cases, not all, they don't pay it over and my sister has shag and hassle getting it.
She accepts as part of the deal that a few houses will be wrecked when tenants leave. The worst one ever was a guy who's fallen back on payments and Julie was chasing him up over it. She said he was a nice enough guy but she didn't ever get inside the house. Then suddenly he disappeared. My sisters bloke went in and he wouldn't let my sister in. It was disgusting, everywhere was covered with faeces, animal and human. Unbelievable!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What if he's not kidding.
:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What if he's not kidding.

:eek::eek::eek:

See our F1 related articles too!