FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I like the idea. It makes it more unpredictable to be honest about who will get the upper hand and that. I mean it is a creative thing. Look at it this way, we all know what format and line up will occur after the safety car in todays season...Next year, they will line up on the grid and it will be very unpredictable because they are going from stop to start...Sure, it may take away the fun of the start if the safety car appears, but it adds more excitement to see who will get the jump ahead of the leader or whomever
Not sure I like the idea! I mean, if you have a runaway leader, as we've had this past few years, that will bring the pack closer together; but, is that "real"? Sure, it would be nice if your driver/team is the one behind; but, what about the driver/team who has built a lead? Is that fair to them? Is it fair to the fans? Do we sit and hope/pray/wait for a Safety Car? Actually, the more I think about it, the more this feels as artificial as the idea of flooding the tracks with water, just for the unpredictability of a wet track!!
I can see this leading to some "tactical" crashes. Imagine say if Alonso is 4th and Kimi is a lap down late into the race. Kimi "spins" into a dangerous area and stalls. SC out. Restart with 2/3 laps to go, Alonso gets a banzai to 1st and due to no DRS for 2 laps is able to hold on and win. Great for Alonso/Ferrari but not exactly fair. Imo it will encourage cheating and isnt something i'd like to see in F1
That's a really good point F' man!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Graeme Lowdon has explained in an interview with Ted Kravitz that the SC restart rule is only an OPTION that Charlie Whiting has allowed and is NOT compulsory!

This makes it a bit better and hopefully Charlie Whiting will only use it at certain times - wouldnt mind a 2nd start say after a Lap 1 crash, but imo it should not be used after the first round of pitstops.
Get ready for manny who may have been neutral or supportive of Haas to suddenly find reasons to disapprove of them :hehe:

wrote:">New sponsorship for Scuderia Ferrari

Maranello, 3 July – It has been announced today that Haas Automation, the world’s largest producer of CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machines in the United States, is to sponsor Scuderia Ferrari until the end of the 2015 season. The agreement comes into force immediately and, as from tomorrow’s free practice for the British Grand Prix, the F14 Ts driven by Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen will carry the company’s logo on the side pods. The partnership marks Haas Automation’s entry to the world of Formula 1, prior to it becoming title sponsor of Gene Haas’ team when it enters the sport in 2016.

“We are pleased to welcome Haas Automation as our newest Official Supplier,” said Scuderia Ferrari Team Principal Marco Mattiacci. “This agreement strengthens our existing connections with the USA, an important market not only for our company, but also for Scuderia Ferrari, as it is one where the team already benefits from several important partnerships.

“Over the past few months, we have been exploring with Haas a number of potential areas of collaboration, and this agreement is an immediate opportunity that we are pursuing, which proves Haas’ interest in Formula One. This collaboration will enable Haas Automation to reinforce its brand awareness and promote its products and services around the world, thanks to the appeal of Scuderia Ferrari and the global reach of Formula One. We are therefore delighted to make this announcement, which sees another premium brand join our portfolio of partners. In parallel, but as a separate project, Haas is committed to entering Formula One with its own team, a testimony to the growing appeal of our sport in the USA and on this front, technical discussions are ongoing between us.”
Does this mean that Ferrari might be providing their engines?

Almost certain. Perhaps, if the FiA changes the rules quick enough, a complete car.
Bernie out. Crack the champagne out.

Apparently decided by cvc. Announcement soon.
Bernie out. Crack the champagne out.

Apparently decided by cvc. Announcement soon.

Who will take over??

Gollum?
As part of the continuing morph of the F1 car into a family sedan, we will see production car type wheels and tires (18" instead of the current 13") run during the testing at Silverstone after this weekends GP.

I wonder how long before we add quarter-panels and a music system.

F1 is being contorted to suit the production car entrants and the business model they demand. We criticize Bernie for looking after his pocket without considering the effect on the sport. When will we get changes focused on making F1 the pinnacle of racing - and reverse the rapid decline in viewership. Surely now, even Mercedes and Renault can see the damage happening?

[/rant off] :)
Really interesting article from Omnicorse.it. Full article >>here<<.

My Italian is not the best (sagi perhaps you could correct any mistakes I've made) but what I get from this is as follows:-
Marco is really wringing the changes and for sure the team is fully into 2015 mode. The rest of 2014 is not much more than testing for the 2015 car.
Heads are rolling. Luca Marmorini (head of engine dept) is gone. James Allison is solely 2IC now, with Fry and Tombazis keep their roles, but are now clearly under JA.
The team believes the F14T is a full second off the pace of the Merc and nearly half of that is attributed to the engine.
Heads are rolling for being too conservative and compromising too much for the rear coke-bottle that hasn't delivered the df wanted.
A lot of faith was placed in a patented 2 stage turbo from Honeywell, but, the FiA banned it in November.
The team has to be far more aggressive in reading and interpreting the rules and fight for their interpretation - a take this as a bit of a shot at SD.
There is a feeling that there are some great ideas from Italian engineers that have not been followed, basically because they were Italian. Marco is looking to encourage and promote these people and ideas. They mention names like Simone Resta and Fabio Montecchi. Also Guido Di Paola who is credited with a lot of the success from GT racing with the 458 on the engine side.

All this sounds great and it makes complete sense to me to write off this year and go for 2015. Hopefully we can give Nando and Kimi a competitive car.

See our F1 related articles too!