FORUMula1.com

F1 and Motorsport Forums

Discuss equipment & technique - show-off your photography here!

POM - June 2013 - "Flowers"

Entry-1
3
33%
Entry-2
3
33%
Entry-3
No votes
0%
Entry-4
2
22%
Entry-5
1
11%
#367095
"People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us."

Iris Murdoch.
#367097
LewEngBridewell wrote:"People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us."

Iris Murdoch.
Love that quote Lew! I use it with my parents when I tell them about forest schools.
#367144
Ooops, I forgot to enter this month, I have hundreds of flower photos from over the years... oh well... anyway, I voted for #1, I like the way the purple of the flower pops against the green background and the depth of field is fantastic....
#367167
racechick wrote:
LewEngBridewell wrote:"People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us."

Iris Murdoch.
Love that quote Lew! I use it with my parents when I tell them about forest schools.
:thumbup::thumbup:
#367392
7 votes so far ..... lets see if we can get to double figures :D
#367396
Love both #1 :clap: and #5 :clap: . Ended up voting for #5 because it was a rather unique flower!
Actually, I don't think I've ever seen on here in Canada!
#367431
sagi58 wrote:Love both #1 :clap: and #5 :clap: . Ended up voting for #5 because it was a rather unique flower!
Actually, I don't think I've ever seen on here in Canada!
It's a foxglove, or as in Latin, Digitalis. :)
#367459
LewEngBridewell wrote:
sagi58 wrote:Love both #1 :clap: and #5 :clap: . Ended up voting for #5 because it was a rather unique flower!
Actually, I don't think I've ever seen on here in Canada!
It's a foxglove, or as in Latin, Digitalis. :)
Thank you! Just did a little research (very little) and I'll have to find out more about whether it will grow in my neck of the woods!! :wink:
#367786
sagi58 wrote:
LewEngBridewell wrote:
sagi58 wrote:Love both #1 :clap: and #5 :clap: . Ended up voting for #5 because it was a rather unique flower!
Actually, I don't think I've ever seen on here in Canada!
It's a foxglove, or as in Latin, Digitalis. :)
Thank you! Just did a little research (very little) and I'll have to find out more about whether it will grow in my neck of the woods!! :wink:
They grow on my house in Wales like weeds if that's any help. And I don't always have the heart to pull them up. Conditions in Wales.....Damp, shady, acid soil if that's any help. That said there are plenty here in the alps growing wild, but here they tend to be yellow.
#367789
racechick wrote:
sagi58 wrote:
LewEngBridewell wrote:
sagi58 wrote:Love both #1 :clap: and #5 :clap: . Ended up voting for #5 because it was a rather unique flower!
Actually, I don't think I've ever seen on here in Canada!
It's a foxglove, or as in Latin, Digitalis. :)
Thank you! Just did a little research (very little) and I'll have to find out more about whether it will grow in my neck of the woods!! :wink:
They grow on my house in Wales like weeds if that's any help. And I don't always have the heart to pull them up. Conditions in Wales.....Damp, shady, acid soil if that's any help. That said there are plenty here in the alps growing wild, but here they tend to be yellow.
Oi that is my home land you are talking about :-)

Sent from Turing Colossus using Tapatalk 2
#367796
I'm going to have to use my casting vote here and vote for Entry-1 :D

A really good topic chosen and some quality entries.

Congrats to this months winner racechick, this was an excellent picture IMO. :clap::clap:

Our contestants this month .......

Entry-1 racechick
Entry-2 spankyham
Entry-3 Jabberwocky
Entry-4 What's Burning?
Entry-5 LewEngBridewell

McLaren Racing opened its new state-of-the-art Rac[…]

Madring was a pretty dull race. I wouldn't mi[…]

Not sure yet, but it looks that way - Kimi is on[…]

Max Verstappen 33 Support

No chance with this year's Red Bull car (and […]

Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!