FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Also that makes it 10-7 to Rosberg in qualifying so he has won that particular battle this year, although Hamilton will have more race wins whatever happens in the last 3 races

I believe your math is wrong. 9-7-1 Since Massa does have a pole. It would also seem like you're counting Germany and Hungary as qualifying successes. That's a bit of a stretch for anyone that still remembers what happened. The record books however will show a rousing success. :hehe:
Also that makes it 10-7 to Rosberg in qualifying so he has won that particular battle this year, although Hamilton will have more race wins whatever happens in the last 3 races

I believe your math is wrong. 9-7-1 Since Massa does have a pole. It would also seem like you're counting Germany and Hungary as qualifying successes. That's a bit of a stretch for anyone that still remembers what happened. The record books however will show a rousing success. :hehe:

No. I'm talking head to head between Rosberg and Hamilton. Rosberg officially leads 10-7 with 2 races left.

No. I'm talking head to head between Rosberg and Hamilton. Rosberg officially leads 10-7 with 2 races left.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. If you feel Nico needs Lewis to have a car fire and a brake explosion to come up with those numbers, that's great. That means Nico has the qualifying batter all sewn up! I'm sure Nico will be thrilled with the fact. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
I think the Quali history books will provide lots of ammunition for those arguing 2014 was fought against the fastest and therefore toughest challenge when compared to any of Sebs 4 WDCs, or any of MS' . There will be absolutely no argument as to a driver winning due to the best car when he started more races behind the same car on the grid.

It will ofcourse be a small compfort to those with alternative metrics for greatness, like the 3 year points total virtual title that doesnt exist :hehe:
Nico played a mind game at the end of Q2.

Lewis was locking up and Nico put an awesome lap in. That piled the pressure on Lewis. I did no see Lewis lock up in Q3 though so he got that sorted.

Mclaren have a fire sale sponsor. No way in their hay day would they of had a sponsor so at odds with there livery. Looked almost Force India.

Bottas and Danny getting the hob done as well
Nice had it all under control, his Q2 lap was fantastic and his second lap was even more fantastic-er. I watched the replays now again. Not entirely sure of the Merc brakes, maybe temperature or whatever, but they both struggled with setup for Qualy. Let's see what happens tomorrow on race pace. Without incident (which I'm hoping it's the case) I'm looking forward to a Bahrain style shootout... Appropriate for Texas. :thumbup:
Nico played a mind game at the end of Q2.

Lewis was locking up and Nico put an awesome lap in. That piled the pressure on Lewis. I did no see Lewis lock up in Q3 though so he got that sorted.

Yeah that was a great bit of gaming from Nico. Unfortunately though Lewis did not even notice as he said in the interview, and possibly as a result, luckily didnt lock up and stress his tyres, unlike Nico whose exemplary bit of gamesmanship merely means his tyres were unneccesarily stressed ahead of a race that is very stressful on the tyres.

It reminds me of Monaco, with Nico throwing the cerebral kitchen sink at 'single language' Lewis, luckily COTA seems like an easier track to pass on than Monaco, should be an interesting race, I am hoping Lewis is cerebral enough to not go all out to get 'revenge' on lap 1 and instead maybe stalk Nico for as long as possible without attempting a pass. If Lewis keeps his calm and takes advanatge of Nicos current feeling of race win entitlement then it should be possible to gain more than a mere 7 point advantage by stalking Nioc into an entitlement fueled cerebral charged off track excursion

IMHO
Did anyone see that coming? Seems the more tracks are deemed Hamilton ones the more Nico steps up and claims pole, by a healthy slice too. Now with the benefit of a dry race, and barring any weird mishaps, we can see what Nico is made of after all the talk. This will be the toughest head to head test for both of them in quite a while. Hamilton isn't neary half a second shy on pure pace, but there's enough speed in Nico, and tough passing, to make it difficult. Might be an afternoon for the strategists.

This is reminding me of the early season battles where Hamilton is expected to own weekends, and has the momentum, and Rosberg is just a big fly in the ointment. From Nico's POV he had a great Sochi, was neck and neck in Singapore, big pole in Japan. This man is not beaten.
Hey Rothman, long time no see, aproximately 4 races isnt it? Oh well Lewis appears to have gone and cracked up and shriveled from the force of Nicos Germanic relentless AND Finnish sheer speed and talent.

I do agree that this is where Nico shows he has grown out of the gimp stage.

For me the fact that Lewis did not lock his brakes in Q3 when he normally does this as a matter of fact, prefering to overdo slighlty than to under do, the fact he didnt tells me he was stopping shy of giving it his all, which would fit with what the 'heart on sleeve' chap said about the brakes. So Nico has the advantage here no question

I cannot wait to see how it pans out, its a good sign Nico is now focussed on his performance instead of proving points etc etc
Hamilton was managing a brake issue (not sure what the team can do about that before the race), but he wasn't sure if he would have gotten pole regardless. He recognised what a supreme effort it was by Nico, which was a nice touch. I felt Brundle was slightly unfair on Lewis for that reason saying he'd tightened up in quali again. He is starting on some flat spots though.

We've seen Hamilton be a lot stronger on raceday too many times for it not to be a royal battle. I'd really like to see Nico win a straight fight, just to prove he can, and not make some monumental chicken up that ruins everything.
Sutil's girlfriend is going to get a lot of air time tomorrow. In fact they've shown her so much that Sauber is arguing that FOM should pay air time dividends when they split up the TV money at the end of the season.
Attendance in FP3 seems light? Is it the opposite effect that Sochi? There's a ton of grandstands in Austin where there were very little grandstands in Sochi.

Attendance seemed much better for qualifying.

See our F1 related articles too!