FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By racechick
:hehe::hehe: No. I dont indeed.
By LewEngBridewell
Just finished the third book in the fifty shades trilogy (Yep, not very proud of that, but I don't like leaving things unfinished). Ive decided my brain now needs some stimulation so Ive started Les miserable- Victor Hugo. Ive seen the musical twice and love it, high time I read the book.

Very good idea! I've seen the musical too. My favourite one. :thumbup:
By elfinitty
I've been reading 44 Scotland Street series by Alexander McCall Smith.Anyone ever read?
By LewEngBridewell
I'm reading "Our Mutual Friend", by Charles Dickens... his last completed novel.

Anyone else?
By LewEngBridewell
Anyone else what?

READING anything?
By vaptin
A History of China, all 327 standard sized pages and print of it. Figured I might as well work my way up from a starter book, as I know very little about China, and the Library seem to have had all their good books checked out.
By LewEngBridewell
I'm reading Puppet on a Chain by Alistair Maclean.

You appear to be a big fan of that guy. I must remember to check him out.
By andrew
I'm reading Puppet on a Chain by Alistair Maclean.

You appear to be a big fan of that guy. I must remember to check him out.

I got a box set of novels by Alistair Maclean last Christmas and am working my way through it. Well worth a read.
By racechick
A History of China, all 327 standard sized pages and print of it. Figured I might as well work my way up from a starter book, as I know very little about China, and the Library seem to have had all their good books checked out.

Let me know how it goes. Im also wanting to find out more about China.I love what I've seen of the country. I've read Wild Swans and Falling Leaves, Novels I know but both autobiographical with lots of details of Chinese history in them. Next book I've got is The **** of Nanking
By vaptin

Let me know how it goes. Im also wanting to find out more about China.I love what I've seen of the country. I've read Wild Swans and Falling Leaves, Novels I know but both autobiographical with lots of details of Chinese history in them. Next book I've got is The **** of Nanking

Will do, seems to have a ascending detail structure, I haven't read very much yet, got as far as the collapse of the Later (or Western) Han Dynasty - 220 CE. I had forgotten you went to China, you posted good pictures on here about it.

The **** of Nanking is a famous one I think?
By racechick

Will do, seems to have a ascending detail structure, I haven't read very much yet, got as far as the collapse of the Later (or Western) Han Dynasty - 220 CE. I had forgotten you went to China, you posted good pictures on here about it.

The **** of Nanking is a famous one I think?

yes it's about the atrocities committed by the Japanese on the Chinese at Nanking during the war. I believe some British officers tried to provide a safe zone and saved a lot of people but loads were tortured and killed. If you're interested in the Emperors and Dynasties, you'd love the Forbidden City at Beijing.

See our F1 related articles too!