FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By madbrad
Don't start me on that. I'm still waiting for the penalty.

You get black flagged for not doing the stop, which translates to a DQ since the race was done, but if the race ended within the number of laps he was allowed to wait, then he should have had 10 seconds added to his time in the next race.
By certom
he did the penalty he went through the pit and finished the race in the pits
By 7UpJordan
Apparently I think they invalidated the penalty eventually due to the fact it was issued too late or something like that. Still didn't make any difference in the end, Hakkinen still won the Championship. :)
By certom
wasn't it in 94?!
By Irv the Swerve
Is what we are talking about, when on the last lap Schumacher came in for a 10 sec pen and still won?
Last edited by Irv the Swerve on 27 Jun 07, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
By 7UpJordan
Schumacher got black flagged in 94 (I was at that race too :)) for failing to come in for a 10 second penalty as a result of overtaking Damon Hill on the formation lap. After much arguing between big bad Tom Walkinshaw, Flavio and race steward Roland Bruynseraede (who argued that they hadn't been informed of the penalty) they decided to bring in Schumacher for his stop-go. He finished 2nd behind our Damon, but was later disqualified and banned for Monza and Estoril.
By madbrad
Certom:By my sight he crossed the finish line before he reached the pit station. That means he did not do the stop during the race. Also, the intent of the penalty is for the driver to lose time coming in and also out of the pitlane, then Ferrari circumvented that by avoiding the outbound time. It may have been correct to the letter of the law in that they found a loophole, but not the spirit. This is just another example of Ferrari seeking to get their points by legal wrangling instead of proper racing on the track, thereby making a mockery of the sport. It's the behaviour of a 6 year old. If the stewards later nullified the penalty then I can see why he didn't get punished. However they still did all that stuff I just said. I told you guys not to get me started!
Denilson: Yes.
By elcoat
even tho i thought Schumacher did get preferacellel treatment and bernie was petrfide in case ferria... took the hump he did make it a fantasit 12 years i hated him love him iam sorry about the spelling but i hope the new guys can make us the same love?/ hate ?//
By certom
madbrad: ANOTHER example is...let me guess...austria?? provide other examples in its 57 year old history of a 6 year old behaviour and legal wrangling...
By madbrad
What happened in Austria?
By certom
austria 2001 and 2002...Barrichello let Schumi overtake on the finish line
By madbrad
OK
By bud
austria 2001 and 2002...Barrichello let Schumi overtake on the finish line

He was told to, not let him :P im sure Rubens wanted the win ;)
By 7UpJordan
Rubens should have done what Carlos Reutemann did in 1981 when Williams told him to let Alan Jones through to win... ignore them and take the win himself. :P

See our F1 related articles too!