FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Nico Rosberg has spoken out and said he feels this years Silverstone GP will be more dangerous than last year. Even though the cars have smaller engines, the new engines rev higher allowing the drivers to corner faster than before, aided by softer tyres. Silverstone is famed for it's fast, long corners and Rosberg reckons that Copse is about 30MPH faster than it used to be - apparently they can now drive flat out whereas before, they had to brake. He has also said that himself, Webber & Montoya are worried that the tyre barriers are too close to the track given the speeds that they think they will achieve. Hehas admitted however that he hasn't raised his fears with any of the other drivers as he thinks it's a waste of energy because nothing can happen in the short term and in the long term, the drivers influence is really small.

So....is he justified in his fears? Is Silverstone really more dangerous this year? If several drivers are concerned about the distance of the tyre walls from the track, then maybe they do need to look at this, particularly if they are racing at faster speeds than last year. I haven't seen any times from Silverstone this year so have no idea whether lap times are faster or not though....
By darwin dali
That's why they take home big fat paychecks - life insurance is factored in. If you can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen or lift your foot. But nooooo, I have to be faster than my teammate, faster than my other rivals, so I step on it and crash and burn rather than making sure that my two brain cells are firing. :roll:
By simac
I'll form a better opinion about the speed when I return from the race on Sunday :D

I know that alot of the drivers said positive things about the SS circuit after a test a few weeks ago as it's pretty original compared to some circuits where chicanes have been put in to slow them down etc.

SS is well overdue a overhaul as we all know, but I for one hope that they don't change the layout too much as it offers a good combination of fast and slow sections.
By Stephen
I'll form a better opinion about the speed when I return from the race on Sunday :D

You lucky, lucky, lucky wosit. I don't rate Silverstone as one of the best tracks, but would wear a dress just to hear the V8.
By darwin dali
Mini or down to the ankles? :shock:
By darwin dali
Canadian Villeneuve won at Silverstone in 1996 and 1997 and thinks anybody complaining that Formula One has become too fast is in the wrong business. Villeneuve said: "If there are (people scared of speed), then maybe they should stop driving in Formula One. We just raced in Monaco and nobody complained.

"There's a small amount of risk, but it's tiny. In the past there used to be 100 corners a season like that - and 50 that were more dangerous. Now, there are three or four during the whole season, so, you know, they should get a life!"

BTW: where did he find that ugly chick he married? :shock:
Remember Monica Lewinsky? :shock:
By Stephen
Mini or down to the ankles? :shock:

I'm liking the mini to be honest.

Have to agree with JV on this one (even if he has a minger as wife), speed is part of F1. I just say don't crash to those drivers who fear it! :)
By darwin dali
Naughty boy you!
By simac
At least the weather is good for a mini stephen lol !

It will be the first time i've heard the V8's up close so i'm looking forward to that, must remember to pack the sun cream :D
By Selcouth_Feline

I'm liking the mini to be honest.

:shock:

You guys really disturb me sometimes :D
By simac
:lol: back to the original question, yes silverstone is indeed very fast :D but too fast ? ? NAH :lol:
By R00DIT
simac did you take any pictures?

See our F1 related articles too!