FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
We will be going to a few races this year and I have my 3 month old. Can you suggest specific ear protection I should get for her? I'm not sure I feel comfortable putting ear plugs in her ears, I would rather use something close to ear muffs. Thanks!
Aside from not wanting to stick things in your childs ears it could be difficult to know if earplugs are actually in properly and doing any good so yeah, don't go with those.

Possibly building suppliers or DIY shops but I don't know about smaller sizes although they are usually adjustable to some extent. Other than that I don't know, they'll probably sell them (branded) at the tracks but tbh I can't remember seeing them but I then wasn't looking.

Or try google 'child ear defenders'

They are a must for the kids, those pesky Ferrari fans with their airhorns can be pretty loud.

And make sure it's positioned so the whole ear is inside the space and not partly pressed against the outer cushioned part as that can be painful after a short time.
Maybe ask your child's doctor just to be absolutely sure before using anything? I'm guessing you see him regularly if your daughter is only 3 months old.
As stated elsewhere, I like babies (yummy :twisted: ). However, taking a 3 months old to an F1 race I would consider child abuse - nuf said :banghead::director:
My suggestion would be a quality pair of ear muffs that are used in shooting events as they are the highest quality of noise surpression.
i would suggest leave your child with a sitter F1 track isnt exactly the right place for an infant.

I totally agree.
Accidents are more than likely going to happen.
Races are crowded, wild and loud.
Not a very good place to take a three month old.

But if you really want to, get there as early as you can, to avoid the crowd.
And ask your doctor about ear protection (:
My suggestion would be a quality pair of ear muffs that are used in shooting events as they are the highest quality of noise surpression.

Aye, that is what i'd suggest.

As stated elsewhere, I like babies (yummy :twisted: ).

Just... Just no Okay? :rofl::yikes::wink:
Hi, I have been looking for the same thing. I got my fella tickets for Monaco for his 40th, but my sitter has let me down. My baby will be 5 months when we go.

I have read a few things, but if you search for Peltor - kids ear muffs, these seem to be the best thing. I read some where that a couple took their 6 month old and she slept through 30 laps at silverstone with these on, they said lots of other toddlers were also wearing them. This is what I am thinking of getting, but if you do find something that seems better, please do let me know. :thumbup:
Noise cancelling earphones . . . nothing gets through them!

See our F1 related articles too!