FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I've been planning to go to Japan for a long while and I hear there's a GP that goes on there ;) so what better incentive!

As the title suggests have you got any advice when booking and travelling out to the Fuji Speedway?

For example is it worth booking one of the Stands or just go with the three-day walk around pass?
On the F1 site booking page they offer three stands - which would you recommend?

Any other Tokyo advice would be appreciated :)

thanks,
By Boxofwonders
Everything is absurdly expensive and if you are not an ethnic Japanese you will stand out and people will gawk at you.

Japanese GP won't be the same without Suzuka. Have you thought of stopping in China first and catching the Grand Prix at Shanghai as well?
By charlie_a
I got a quote for flights, tickets (3 day) and the hotel for approx. £700 (sterling) each. Not cheap but not too over the top.

We (me and the missus) are looking at spending about 10 days in Tokyo/ Kyoto and about 5 days in Sydney - oddly enough :) - so no plans to stop off for the China one first.
By bud
well this is the first GP at fuji for 20 odd years so doubt anyone could give you advice on the Fuji speedway, wasnt there a user on here that went to Suzuka last year? or was that China? he might beable to give you some advice
By charlie_a
Ohhh crap... I didn't know it was the first one there in that long.

From what I can tell from the main site there's two stand areas, one by the first corner and one massive one on the main straight. I guess the main straight one is split into two areas (top and bottom) so that's the three stands you can buy tickets for.
By Marco
Boy am I envious, i love that track!!
By Jens
You wanna watch a race at Toyota's Fuji? You're a braver man than I am. I'm uncomfortable to even watch it on TV

See our F1 related articles too!