FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By madbrad
Uhh that's what I'm talking about.
By 7UpJordan
Judging by Raikkonen's attitude at the moment, if he doesn't straighten up I wouldn't be surprised to see him ditched by Ferrari at the end of the season.
By darwin dali
I seriously doubt that. However, they may make FM the number one driver sooner in the season and thereby pissing KR off. He then either gets his act together or will be looking for another stable (Redbull?).
By darwin dali
Found this on the net:

For the first time in 40 years of watching F1 I am beginning actively to dislike a Ferrari driver. I understand that to be competitive in F1 you have to be self-confident, self-reliant, self-motivating. However, I can't help but notice that Kimi Raikonnen is getting beat by his team mate; is not especially competitive on the track; and stormed away from Barcelona in a huff because he had a technical failure leading to a DNF.

By contrast, his team mate is beating him good and proper; fair and square; hands down. Felipe Massa, who many supposed was a placeman intended by Monsieur Todt and the Ferrari hierarchy to cover Kimi's six o'clock and pick up the odd win if/when Raikonnen faltered, has 3 poles and 2 wins to Raikonnen's 1 pole and 1 win. Why?

I think that Raikonnen has got himself into a state of mind that will not let him make the most of his situation. For example, this weekend in Spain, Michael Schumacher was with the Ferrari camp; he was keeping an extraordinarily low-profile - not stealing the drivers' limelight - but he was there and available, as a team resource. He is being paid to be a consultant to the Ferrari racing team - and Kimi Raikonnen is part of that team. Supposedly a big part of it. Massa accepted the advice - took a pole from nowhere and led the race from flag to flag and never looked like faltering. On the ITV commentary it was, I think, James Allen who said that Massa was looking "Schumacheresque" - controlling the race from the front; responding to Hamilton and Alonso as they picked up the pace.

Raikonnen left the circuit like a sulky teenager, manager and minder in tow. And the commentators mentioned that Michael would always participate in a " forensic investigation" into a failure - and lets face it they were more rare than rocking horse pooh. Not so Kimi, shower, change and into the courtesy vehicle. How does that motivate the engineers; the man who makes his wiring loom; the man whose mistake may have caused the failure? James Allen also mentioned that sometime over the weekend Michael had remained in the garage long after Raikonnen had left - rather as he used to stay late when he was driving. That is leadership.

On Friday as Michael was talking with Felipe Massa and his engineers, where was Kimi? Sat in his car with a dark visor down, studiously ignoring Schumacher. When asked about that he said that he did not need Schumacher's advice, he was happy to work with his engineer alone. Setting aside the folly of wilfully refusing to make use of a team resource as significant as Michael undoubtedly is, there is something unpleasant about Raikonnen's attitude towards his predecessor. You will recall how at one of the presentations to the retiring Schumacher, Kimi Raikonnen was absent. Asked about his absence he said that he was "..taking a s***." So very witty, so very unprofessional.

And there are the seeds of my growing dislike for Kimi Raikonnen. He is deliberately making a big mistake in refusing to work with Michael Schumacher. In doing so he is hurting a team which I have followed through good years; bad years; tragic years and, most recently, mind blowingly successful years. He is doing it wilfully because he wants people to think he is as big as Michael; as good as Michael. He is not. He is quick; he can race; but until he has won his first championship he is in no position to say he can do it without the assistance of the person the team has retained to coach and advise its drivers.

At Singapore and Bahrein Kimi settled for third place behind Hamilton. In both races 12 or so laps from the end he had settled for being beaten by a rookie. No matter how talented that rookie is - Kimi settled for being beaten by him. I cannot imagine Lauda; Prost; Senna; Michael or even "our Nige" settling for that. That is not Championship thinking in my book.

On Sunday in the UK commentary Martin Brundle observed that he finds it unthinkable that Michael will not come back to driving. And I found myself thinking "Yes please - sack Raikonnen - pay him off - and get Michael back in the car."

Roberto Ugalde - Los Angeles, California
By 7UpJordan
Found this on the net:

For the first time in 40 years of watching F1 I am beginning actively to dislike a Ferrari driver. I understand that to be competitive in F1 you have to be self-confident, self-reliant, self-motivating. However, I can't help but notice that Kimi Raikonnen is getting beat by his team mate; is not especially competitive on the track; and stormed away from Barcelona in a huff because he had a technical failure leading to a DNF.

By contrast, his team mate is beating him good and proper; fair and square; hands down. Felipe Massa, who many supposed was a placeman intended by Monsieur Todt and the Ferrari hierarchy to cover Kimi's six o'clock and pick up the odd win if/when Raikonnen faltered, has 3 poles and 2 wins to Raikonnen's 1 pole and 1 win. Why?

I think that Raikonnen has got himself into a state of mind that will not let him make the most of his situation. For example, this weekend in Spain, Michael Schumacher was with the Ferrari camp; he was keeping an extraordinarily low-profile - not stealing the drivers' limelight - but he was there and available, as a team resource. He is being paid to be a consultant to the Ferrari racing team - and Kimi Raikonnen is part of that team. Supposedly a big part of it. Massa accepted the advice - took a pole from nowhere and led the race from flag to flag and never looked like faltering. On the ITV commentary it was, I think, James Allen who said that Massa was looking "Schumacheresque" - controlling the race from the front; responding to Hamilton and Alonso as they picked up the pace.

Raikonnen left the circuit like a sulky teenager, manager and minder in tow. And the commentators mentioned that Michael would always participate in a " forensic investigation" into a failure - and lets face it they were more rare than rocking horse pooh. Not so Kimi, shower, change and into the courtesy vehicle. How does that motivate the engineers; the man who makes his wiring loom; the man whose mistake may have caused the failure? James Allen also mentioned that sometime over the weekend Michael had remained in the garage long after Raikonnen had left - rather as he used to stay late when he was driving. That is leadership.

On Friday as Michael was talking with Felipe Massa and his engineers, where was Kimi? Sat in his car with a dark visor down, studiously ignoring Schumacher. When asked about that he said that he did not need Schumacher's advice, he was happy to work with his engineer alone. Setting aside the folly of wilfully refusing to make use of a team resource as significant as Michael undoubtedly is, there is something unpleasant about Raikonnen's attitude towards his predecessor. You will recall how at one of the presentations to the retiring Schumacher, Kimi Raikonnen was absent. Asked about his absence he said that he was "..taking a s***." So very witty, so very unprofessional.

And there are the seeds of my growing dislike for Kimi Raikonnen. He is deliberately making a big mistake in refusing to work with Michael Schumacher. In doing so he is hurting a team which I have followed through good years; bad years; tragic years and, most recently, mind blowingly successful years. He is doing it wilfully because he wants people to think he is as big as Michael; as good as Michael. He is not. He is quick; he can race; but until he has won his first championship he is in no position to say he can do it without the assistance of the person the team has retained to coach and advise its drivers.

At Singapore and Bahrein Kimi settled for third place behind Hamilton. In both races 12 or so laps from the end he had settled for being beaten by a rookie. No matter how talented that rookie is - Kimi settled for being beaten by him. I cannot imagine Lauda; Prost; Senna; Michael or even "our Nige" settling for that. That is not Championship thinking in my book.

On Sunday in the UK commentary Martin Brundle observed that he finds it unthinkable that Michael will not come back to driving. And I found myself thinking "Yes please - sack Raikonnen - pay him off - and get Michael back in the car."

That really has made me think now, something tells me that Kimi is certainly no fan of Schumacher's and he's throwing the bottle out of the pram just because he's not getting everything his way, unless he straightens out he'll be made to regret it when he becomes what Irvine an d Barrichello were to Schumacher, a highly paid spear carrier.
By deMuRe
Kimi needs to learn to make himself a more complete driver. If what that article said is true then it's not very clever of him to snub the most successful driver in the history of the sport.

But that's what happens when you pay someone so much money at such a young age, it gets to their head and they think they are god. Kimi needs to get a couple of WC's under his belt before he can snub someone like Michael.
By vegas
Ok, so someone in California doesn't like Kimi. It appears Kimi and Schumi had some sort of falling out over the winter? I remember end of last season seeing them both smiling walking together practically hand in hand.
By logan
Found this on the net:

Not completely though I do agree with the gist of the above..
After last 3 races there seems to be a question mark on kimi's commitment..
I personally dont give a s*** that kimi's not interested in takin any advise from Shumi...although it would always be helpful....but it's kimi's own decision and it's non of our concern..i also dont mind him leaving early after the race although agian had he stayed it would have been better..but then again it's his decision..

But the thing which i'm not able to digest is him getting beaten by a rookie when actually the Ferrari is the quicker of the two.

In Malyasia eveyone was buys bashing Massa when actually atleast he did try his best to overtake and not settle for the "3'rd".

No one said one word about kimi .....I belive he too did lose position to the rookie...but everyone were more than happy bashing Massa...who atleast tried..I do not remember kimi doing that rather he was self satisfied with his 3'rd place..he hardly put LH on any pressure..maybe a lap or two..and then kimi just gave up....This is sooooo not what's expected from a Champion

And now again at Spain....LH had no problems whatsoever overtaking kimi in the first turn...
I say even the not so good Massa has learnt how to keep his place..

Is this the same kimi who used to get podiums starting last!!!! (since he is;nt starting last he should be winning those)
By bud
maybe if everyone got off his back he might beable to focus on his driving and just be himself and not be someone he is not! thats why he doesnt want schumacher around its just a reminder of the expectations that are placed on him by the mass of tifosi.
on the other hand Massa has nothing to lose, no expectations other than his own on himself, no one expected him to beat Kimi this is motivation. its still early in the season and i find it humerous that Ferrari fans are already bagging Kimi, something to be said for a supposid happier environment. Something i havent seen coming from McLaren supporters over the years of hardship this century.

See our F1 related articles too!