Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend

Which GP would you rather go to?

Belgium GP - September 13th
41%
British GP - June 21st
59%
By Kate
I'm not even sure I'd be able to find somewhere to stay that's relatively close to the track, knowing my luck. And there's always the risk of not being able to go, though I guess that really depends on whether or not I can convince someone to come along. I'm not going by myself >.<

Camp?
You will always have your friends from Forumula1.com :rofl: justkidding
I no wt u mean

:hehe:

I don't really do camping these days. I'm the kind of person who needs to sleep on a comfy bed in order to get a good night's sleep :/

What about not sleeping?
I did tht most of the time. HAHAHAH my friend got up at 4am and went a 2 mile jog :S on the Friday before we went to the track

You know, I could do that. But I'd be well and truly annoyed at the slightest thing during the race: not good. :P

I'm not even sure I'd be able to find somewhere to stay that's relatively close to the track, knowing my luck. And there's always the risk of not being able to go, though I guess that really depends on whether or not I can convince someone to come along. I'm not going by myself >.<

We booked our hotel for next year in June, and the closest one we could find was luton......!

Wow. I guess I've no chance, then. :(

if you really search you might find something like a b&b maybe?
There are four of us, so we wanted 2 rooms and we wanted something half decent, if you settle for a bit less though you might get something.
By racechick
unless u camp 8-)

Hmm. It's an option, though one that I'll only take if absolutely necessary. Where can you camp around there?

Plenty of places.
Most are first come first serve
Although I no that Hamilton fields one will take a pre booking
google it and see.

Well, I'll keep it in mind. I won't even know whether or not I'm going until Christmas, which could be a little late, given what Lewis has just achieved.

Ive camped at windmill farm the last 8 years or so. Basic but cheap and only a 5min walk from Copse corner. Relatively quiet and close to Silverstone pub and walking distamce to the fair if you follow the outskirts of the track. Way more atmosphere on the camsites!!
By EwanM
unless u camp 8-)

Hmm. It's an option, though one that I'll only take if absolutely necessary. Where can you camp around there?

Plenty of places.
google it and see.

Well, I'll keep it in mind. I won't even know whether or not I'm going until Christmas, which could be a little late, given what Lewis has just achieved.

Ive camped at windmill farm the last 8 years or so. Basic but cheap and only a 5min walk from Copse corner. Relatively quiet and close to Silverstone pub and walking distamce to the fair if you follow the outskirts of the track. Way more atmosphere on the camsites!!

Yeah having walked by thee a few times this year I really wanted to stay there for 09.
Is it first come first serve to book - or how does it work?
By racechick
unless u camp 8-)

Plenty of places.
google it and see.

Yeah having walked by thee a few times this year I really wanted to stay there for 09.

Just turn up, theres always been plenty of room. I dont get there til Friday eve and no problems.They dont take bookings.
By EwanM
unless u camp 8-)

Plenty of places.
google it and see.

Just turn up, theres always been plenty of room. I dont get there til Friday eve and no problems.They dont take bookings.

Plenty of space for cars and that to?
By racechick
unless u camp 8-)

Plenty of places.
google it and see.

Plenty of space for cars and that to?

Oh yes. Its just a field and you can go anywhere.
By f1maniac95
I don't think I'll have the money to go then :( which is a shame because it would have been nice to see the last race at Silverstone.

See our F1 related articles too!