FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
But it is the engine's cooling system that is the newest, allowing Maranello based engineers to run a more aggressive bodywork setup and dominate the opening three days of the ultimately four day test.

"We are at least half a second faster than before," Bahrain Grand Prix winner Felipe Massa stated.

Sport Bild estimates that Ferrari's advantage over McLaren ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix may have blown out to more than one second per lap.
By deMuRe
Scary words indeed...
By vegas
This year the upper grid and lower grid seem to have really seperated so far. The top teams are really close to eachother. The lower teams are having trouble just to finish as in Bahrain. But no doubt Ferrari will win both championships, the only question is will it be FM KR?
By bud
1 second per lap please!!!!

if the season does end out to be a battle between Ferrari drivers we all know how it works team wise down there dont be fooled for a second that Todts team ethics have retired along with Mike! Why pay a driver 40 mil when one on 5 mil will get the job done ? Ferrari have changed their car to suit Kimi, Kimi is happy with the car finally and will trounce Massa for the rest of the season i say and todt will be right there with his orders for Massa 8)
By Jens
Kimi will probably win from Massa. Ferrari can't afford (Financially) to have it any other way
By kalpitv
Felipe is far better when it comes to qualifying..I think he has the edge over Kimi. ;)
By darwin dali
More bad news for anti-Ferraristi

According to whispers in F1 circles, the situation has led the FIA to contemplate banning auxiliary bodywork additions like winglets and flick-ups, after Max Mosley revealed recently that a working group on this issue is already in place.

Some experts are suggesting that Ferrari could already be trying to pre-empt the FIA's action, thereby maximising development time for future models, by 'cleaning up' the sidepods of the F2007 with its updated car for the upcoming Spanish Grand Prix.
By bud
future models DD they wont ban winglets etc mid season that would be very costly to teams. my guess is they will ban them for next year onwards.

once again Ferrari got the heads up somehow, insider trading with them and the powers that be again, poor buggers cant play fair.

this whole situation is stupid what did they think would happen when they took away their front wing downforce???? now they want to ban the winglets why not just go back to more downforce and they wont need these aero devices...with a control tyre for 08 they can control corner speeds without the need to ban downforce. bloody retards governing the sport i tell ya!
By bud
oh and i liked what wurz had to say on the overtaking issue, F1 has the best drivers and they make few mistakes, thus little overtaking. unless youre massa that is :P
By Jens
Is it a genetic component of McLaren fans to think anyone beating them (Especially Ferrari) are cheating? :P

Don't make me mention the spare pedal on the...

Oops. :P
By bud
na only Ferrari, everyone else beats McLaren fair and square :P
By Jens
Heh-heh. That right? lol

See our F1 related articles too!