FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
A definitive deal for a new Formula One street race in the Spanish city of Valencia has now finally been signed.

That was the claim on Wednesday of the private radio network Cope, which said Bernie Ecclestone's circus would race at a second Spanish venue next year.

It is suggested that the existence of the contract could be announced by Ecclestone at Barcelona as early as during a press conference on Thursday.

The descriptor 'European Grand Prix' is tipped to be used, as it will be free because of the rotation of F1's two German venues.

Why two races in Spain???
By bud
why not? spain is in a F1 hype now days due to fernando after it was always a motorbike motorpsort nation, kinda like Germany's hype when they had schumacher winning they had two GPS
money money money
By darwin dali
Yeah, I know money. But Spain is not that big a country, economically, compared to Germany or even Italy. We might as well have a GP Portugal again.
By bud
well its got the weather.... now i said that it will be rained out every year!
By 7UpJordan
Well it's nice to have another grand prix in Europe in the days of F1 moving east.
By welshie
Valencia hey, nice city, should be good!
By Jens
Never mind where it is, it's a STREET CIRCUIT. I've been waiting for a new one of those since Tilke designed 2 damn circuits in one season (¬_¬)
By Boxofwonders
Dammit, why do we have to be stuck with Barcelona until 2011? It's a test track, not a race track. I think Valencia is a good idea. We can phase out Barcelona whilst still having a Spanish GP.
By bud
street circuit when they have the test track not so far away, meh i like street circuits and will make it harder for teams to get the setups coming into the weekend

See our F1 related articles too!